Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: I know you're probably expecting some tragic backstory to explain why I want to reverse the rotation of the Earth. But I'm not gonna go there, ya know, I...well, I'll tell ya!
Back in Gimmelshtump,
I always had to keep it real!
'Cause when you grow up in Gimmelshtump,
Young Heinz: Your childhood is less than ideal!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: So, I don't dwell on how I crawled my way out of the gutter!
No, I don't!
When people ask me what I mean, I say,
"D-D-D-Do I stutter?"
But I'm no longer a hater,
'Cause I got an Inator
And an over-complicated scheme.
I get a couple of checks
Every month from my ex,
So I can finance my coming regime!
And though my past was a wreck,
I won't let it affect
My aspirations to cause mass hysteria,
'Cause I'm as sure as can be
That it's my destiny
To be the ruler of the Tri-State Area!
|The image gallery for Back in Gimmelshtump may be viewed here.|
- In a similar theme to "History of Rock", more than one genre of music was heard.
- The beginning of this song strongly resembles Bryan Adams', "Run to You".
- Balloony and Norm can be seen in the background.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz calls Charlene Doofenshmirtz his ex-wife again ("Hail Doofania!", "Thaddeus and Thor", and "Finding Mary McGuffin").
- The Background Dancer says she's "picking up my kid from school", while this episode takes place in summer (although this could mean summer school).
- The background dancers Doofenshmirtz is seen singing in front of constantly change between parts, including the same dancers from "Hey Ferb".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz is wearing a WWI era German helmet, the pickelhaub.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz's straw boater hat's stripe color is red, but in his early songs, it is colored green in My Goody Two-Shoes Brother, except in "Charmed Life", where it is colored purple.
- This song proves that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is from a country like Germany.
- In the album version of the song, the line "Your childhood is less than ideal!" is sung differently in a higher pitch, probably to make clear that was the young Heinz. (In the Spanish version also changed but less high pitched)
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz has removed his turtleneck and lab coat ("Are You My Mummy?").
- This is Doofenshmirtz's last musical performance in Season 2.
- Doofenshmirtz has a big belly, which means he still hasn't lost those ten pounds. ("Fireside Girl Jamboree")
- The tune of the second part of the song is similar to "Impress My Professor".
- His backup dancers haven't seemed to change much but how he pays them enough is unknown.
- The Background of a part on the rock part shows Balloony.
- Second song of Dr. Doofenshmirtz that starts with the word "back", the first was "Impress My Professor" in "Oil on Candace".
- Young Heinz has a solo as a lawn gnome. ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
BMI Work #13163447
"Aren't You a Little Young?"
"Monogram Box Song" (second part)
"Come Home Perry" (#15)
|Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions|| Next:|
"When You Levitate" (#17)