|“||I happen to be throwing the biggest, baddest, Halloweeniest bash ever!||”|
When Vanessa learns that her father has inherited a Drusselsteinian castle right next door to her she seizes the opportunity to throw the biggest Halloween bash ever. The whole town is there, including Phineas and Ferb, who act as the event's party planners and DJs. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz enlists Perry to help him find a large, hidden treasure that his Great Aunt has placed somewhere within the castle.
The story opens at the Flynn-Fletcher house, where Lawrence is dressed in a gorilla costume making a jack o'lantern. Phineas tells Dad that he, Candace and Ferb are off to a Halloween party in a castle where they will work. Linda arrives in a nurse outfit, and Lawrence puts the gorilla head on, mock-scaring her in the process.
Meanwhile, Agent P jumps into his lair via a pile of leaves quickly cleared by a leaf blower. In his lair decorated for the holiday, Major Monogram, dressed as Carmen Miranda, informs Perry that he has to work tonight keeping an eye out for Doofenshmirtz and Carl enters in a variation of the Carmen Miranda outfit. After saying that's what he looks like in the costume, Monogram tells Carl he can have it, and will look into getting another costume.
Vanessa is on the phone with the Major's son, Monty, doing a bit of freelance work at a black-tie party, telling him about the party she is throwing in a castle that her dad inherited via a split screen. After saying she'll dress as a vampire queen, Monty says he'll be dressed as the Scarlet Pimpernel. After hanging up, he tells Agent M that he's alone from there.
At the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building, Heinz gives out candy to trick-or-treaters, including Perry, who is dressed as a ghost. After Perry twists Doofenshmirtz's arm, the doctor says he has no inator, but inherited a castle from his Great Aunt Henrietta Hawkenschpit, who liked Heinz more than Roger. Inside that castle is a major treasure, and suggests that Perry join him searching for the treasure on a map with clues.
Outside the castle, next to the D.E.I. building, Vanessa welcomes guests, including Lacie, who really isn't in a costume, and Candace, who is also dressed like a vampire queen, as is Stacy, who leaves to change her costume. The boys enter and prepare to DJ the event, and what appears to be Monty enters as the Scarlet Pimpernel, but it's not; Jeremy has arrived, also dressed as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Meanwhile, deep inside the castle, Doofenshmirtz and Perry begin their hunt for the treasure with the first clue: "My treasure awaits you, keep on the trail. / A ride up the stairs from under a veil."
Perry lifts up a veil next to the staircase, revealing Aunt Henrietta's old chair lift. The platypus refuses to ride, as Doofenshmirtz sits in the chair, and gets tossed outside into the moat where an alligator waits for him to Doofenshmirtz's surprise.
Back inside, Phineas notices Isabella dressed as Cinderella, and hints about losing a slipper, "accidentally" doing so in the process, landing in a punchbowl near Buford and Baljeet, dressed as a dragon and Irving, wearing a castle costume.
Vanessa wonders where her date is, as more Scarlet Pimpernels - including Stacy, now frustrated about it - come near.
The boys play a remix of some of their most well-known songs from the summer as a display of various shapes and sizes comes out of the stage where Ferb is standing.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz and Perry are still looking for the treasure as they read the next clue: "In the dungeon, you will find / An elevator out of time."
As a pair of girl twins egress from the elevator, Doofenshmirtz continues to read the clue: "In the elevator, to the top you go, The next clue is down below." They enter the lift, and it goes up reaching the top, then suddenly plunges into the moat where a hippopotamus appears with the last clue in his mouth.
Back at the party, Vanessa finally sees Monty in his Scarlet Pimpernel outfit as Ferb discards his turtleneck for a dapper suit. He sings Vampire Queens Love Pimpernels as Monty and Vanessa tango surrounded by others in identical costumes.
After the song concludes, Phineas spots a sad Isabella, who ran out of glass slippers and is barefoot, and Phineas sheds his footwear to dance with her.
Major Monogram, now dressed as a knight, sees what appears to be Monty and Vanessa, but Stacy, who switched places with Monty and is still in her Scarlet Pimpernel costume, recognizes him as the water and power guy. Vanessa thanks her, and sees Monty in his Scarlet Pimpernel outfit exiting via a ledge of a castle window.
Doofenshmirtz and Perry are now in the party room, reading the final clue: "By luck or by chance, you found your last clue. / Turn the corner, favorite nephew." Perry points out a combination lock on a corner of a picture of Great Aunt Henrietta, and turning it causes many bags of money to fall out of a nearby pillar. Thought Heinz celebrates the new-found fortune, various local officials arrive over unpaid fees for the castle's relocation. As such, Heinz is forced to pay off much of the fortune to pay off the debts, much to his frustration.
Back at the house, Linda is giving out candy to trick-or-treaters, but then Lawrence in his gorilla suit scares them, causing the kids to drop their candy as they flee. They gather up the goodies as Lawrence says he loves Halloween, and Linda declares that they're saving money on candy.
For a full transcript of "Druselsteinoween", click here.
First verse of "Vampire Queens Love Pimpernels". (standalone broadcast)
|The image gallery for "Druselsteinoween" may be viewed here.|
I know what we're gonna do today
The "Too Young" Line
Sings "Vampire Queens Love Pimpernels".
Hey, where's Perry?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Perry jumps into a pile of leaves, and the leaves are blown away, leaving no traces of him.
None, but the jingle can be heard when a group of trick-or-treaters rings Doofenshmirtz's doorbell.
A platypus? PERRY THE PLATYPUS?!
Doofenshmirtz: And what are you supposed to be? A kid in a sheet? (The "kid in the sheet" takes off the sheet to reveal:) A platypus in a sheet? (He puts on the fedora) PERRY THE PLATYPUS IN A SHEET?!?!
Vanessa: This is a big night for me, my boyfriend's coming. Oh, here he is right now.
(Jeremy, dressed as a Scarlet Pimpernel enters.)
Phineas: Hey, look at you! You're Isabellarella.
Isabella: If I lose a slipper tonight, you know where to find me.
Vanessa: Monty should've been here by now. (Another Scarlet Pimpernel approaches her.) Finally. Wait, who are you?
Scarlet Pimpernel 1: I'm the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Major Monogram: Monty, is that you?! With the daughter of my sworn enemy?! It can't be!! (Walks up to the Pimpernel next to Vanessa.) Alright, Monty, you've got a lot of explaining to—
Stacy: Oh, hello, Mr. Water and Power Guy.
- This episode could possibly take place after Last Day of Summer due to Doofenshmirtz not doing anything evil.
- On the other hand, Perry and Monogram clearly thought Doofenshmirtz was up to something evil, which isn't the first time they wrongly thought this ("Lights, Candace, Action!"). It seems unlikely they would think this if he'd spent most of the fall as a reformed, honest high school teacher doing community service. ("Doof 101")
- The only thing that can be said for certain about the chronology of this episode is that it takes place sometime after My Sweet Ride (because Monty and Vanessa are dating) and after Happy Birthday, Isabella (since Stacy knows who Major Monogram is).
- In broadcast order, this was the 200th episode of Phineas and Ferb.
- October 11, 2013 (Family Channel, Canada)
- November 1, 2013 (Disney XD UK)
- January 18, 2014 (Disney XD Poland)
- January 28, 2014 (Disney Channel Australia)
- February 22, 2014 (Disney Channel Asia)
- April 14, 2014 (Disney XD Italy)
- July 31, 2014 (Disney XD Spain)
- October 4, 2014 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- October 15, 2014 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- October 17, 2014 (Disney Channel Brazil)
- October 25, 2014 (Disney Channel Spain)
- October 26, 2014 (Disney XD Brazil & Latin America)
- October 26, 2014 (RCTI Indonesia)
- April 20, 2016 (Disney Channel Poland)
- The episode title is misspelled as "Druselsteinoween" with one "s".
- The first trick-or-treater Doofenshmirtz greets is addressed as "class dunce with a fake scar", but the kid clearly doesn't have a scar on his face.
- In the first scene at the castle party you can hear Vanessa speaking to the arriving guests but she is not in the entry as she is in the very next scene.
- Lacie (usually drawn without eye lashes and with eye brows) has eye lashes and no eye brows in this episode.
- When Phineas first sees Isabella, her feet are visible, but near the end when they dance barefoot Isabella's feet are not visable and she has to lift up her skirt to reveal them.
- In the first overview of the party Ferb is already wearing his dapper singer outfit instead of his DJ outfit.
- The right glove of Monogram's knight costume disappears when he tries to raise the visor.
- When Vanessa thanks Stacy for helping her fool Monogram, she blinks and the wall behind the right of her left eye is transparent.
- While Vanessa and Monty dance, Vanessa's skin changes colors.
- During "Vampire Queen", Lacie alternates between standing alone and standing face to face with Grant.
- When Candace says "Et tu, Vanessa?" she says it with a French pronunciation instead of the proper Latin.
- Stacy recognizes Major Monogram as the "water and power guy". ("Happy Birthday, Isabella")
- Doofenshmirtz names the alligator "Susan". ("The Ballad of Badbeard")
- Adventure Time - Vanessa dresses as a vampire queen for Halloween. Vanessa's voice actress, Olivia Olson, also gives voice to Marceline the Vampire Queen on this series.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel - A reference from the play, book, and movie is made in the episode multiple times.
- Carmen Miranda - Was a 1940's Brazilian move star best known for wearing a hat made of fruit while performing.
- Dirty Dancing - When Monty and Vanessa were dancing, Monty held Vanessa above his head into the air and Vanessa held her arms out to the sides. This is an allusion to the famous scene where Johnny held Baby into the air in the same fashion.
- Harry Potter - One of the trick-or-treaters at Doofenshmirtz's apartment is misidentified as a "class dunce with a fake scar."
- Lady Gaga - Another one of the trick-or-treaters is misidentified as the Princess of Meatland. It's a reference to the performer born Stephanie Germanotta's meat dress from the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Angry Birds - A third trick-or-treater is misidentified as "an upset rooster head", which sounds like the general appearance of the Angry Birds characters.
- Gremlins - When Doofenshmirtz rides on the chair lift, it loses control and he is sent flying towards a window. The Gremlins murder an old lady by causing her chair lift to do this in this film, the difference being that she actually went through the glass.
- The Shining - A pair of twins egress from the elevator akin to those from the Stephen King novel and movie adaptation.
- Ali Baba Bunny - Doofenshmirtz does Daffy's "I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm comfortably well off!" spiel.
- Windsor Castle - Buford calls Irving "Windsor".
- Julius Caesar - Candace's "Et Tu?" line to Vanessa comes from the Shakespeare play.
- Cinderella - This is Isabella's costume. Phineas refers to her as "Isabellarella", and Isabella tries, in vain, to "lose" a glass slipper to get closer to Phineas.
- Deadmau5 - When Ferb is DJing he wears a large mask covering his head like the famous DJ.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - The elevator that Doof and Perry ride in is simular to the ride found at Disney resorts in Florida, California, Japan and Europe.
- The Haunted Mansion - When Ferb is DJ-ing then headstones that come out have rhymes on them based on the name inscribed on them. The headstones in the cemetery area of the line up also have rhymes on them based on the name of the person.
- Katy Perry - When Phineas is examining the scalloped cheese slices, the music played sounds like the beginning of Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold".
- Psycho - At the beginning when the title appears, the theme from "Psycho" is heard.
- Beauty and the Beast - In "Vampire Queens Love Pimpernels", one of the final lines is "It's a story as old as time" which references the line "Tale as old as time" in the film's titular song.
- Up - Henrietta's chairlift is similar to Carl Fredricksen's chairlift of the 2009 Disney/Pixar film.
- Fifth episode to take place outside of summer. ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", "That's the Spirit", "For Your Ice Only", "Happy New Year!")
- Another episode where there are very few running gags.
- Fourth time Vanessa crosses paths with Phineas ("Finding Mary McGuffin", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!" "Excaliferb") and the eighth time she crosses paths with Ferb ("I Scream, You Scream","The Chronicles of Meap", "Vanessassary Roughness", "Finding Mary McGuffin", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You" "Rollercoaster: The Musical! " "Excaliferb'")
- The fifth Halloween-themed episode ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein", "That's the Spirit", "The Curse of Candace") and the second one to actually take place on Halloween. ("That's the Spirit")
- Tenth episode that has a one-word title. ("Rollercoaster", "S'Winter", "Atlantis", "Canderemy, "Bullseye!, "Excaliferb", "Doofapus", "Blackout!", "Sidetracked")
- Second episode to not take place on a seasonal break from school. ("That's the Spirit")
- Second time Major Monogram dresses in drag. ("The Beak")
- Second time the theme song was rethemed for Halloween. ("That's the Spirit") The same was also done for the "Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror" and "Face Your Fear".
- The remix is a medley of S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants), Ain't Got Rhythm, Spa Day, I'm Lindana and I Wanna Have Fun! and That's Wings, You Turkey.
- Ferb wears his dapper singer costume from "De Plane! De Plane!".
- This marks the first time that Vanessa shares scenes with Stacy, and second time she does so with Jeremy. ("Lizard Whisperer")
- Doofenshmirtz says a variation of "A platypus?!...PERRY THE PLATYPUS!?!?!" again. ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror", "A Hard Day's Knight", "Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?", "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister", "The Lemonade Stand", "Hip Hip Parade", "Tri-Stone Area", "The Mom Attractor")
- Second time Candace asks someone, "Et tu?" after finding out they are involved in one of Phineas and Ferb's big and bustable ideas. ("Crack That Whip")
- "Et tu?" is a quote from Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar and is Latin for "you too?"
- Fifth appearance of Monty and fifth episode involving Monty and Vanessa's relationship ("Minor Monogram", "Sipping with the Enemy", "My Sweet Ride", "Thanks But No Thanks")
- The O.W.C.A. HQ is decorated in the same way as it was in "That's the Spirit".
- Fifth time that Ferb doesn't speak in an episode, but sings the song. ("Flop Starz", "Tip of the Day", "Oh, There You Are, Perry", "The Baljeatles").
- Second time Isabella wears her hair in a bun ("Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon").
- Second time Isabella wears a ballgown ("Gaming the System").
- Third episode where Isabella is seen without her trademark bow the entire time. ("The Beak", "That's the Spirit") It's also the first episode where she is seen with nothing on her head the entire time.
- Ginger dresses as a shepherdess, the same as her sister made in "Boyfriend From 27,000 B.C."
- In theory this episode might have taken place the same day of "That's the Spirit".
- This is the 24th episode which Perry doesn't battle Doofenshmirtz; ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!", "Traffic Cam Caper", "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein", "Oil on Candace", "Tip of the Day", "Thaddeus and Thor", "Oh, There You Are, Perry", "I Was a Middle Aged Robot", "Nerds of a Feather", "Split Personality", "Run Candace Run", "Candace Disconnected", "Skiddley Whiffers", "Bullseye!","The Doonkelberry Imperative", "Meapless in Seattle", "Agent Doof", "Norm Unleashed", "Fly On the Wall", "Primal Perry", "Mind Share", "Love at First Byte", "Troy Story").
- Vincent Martella as Phineas, Additional Voices
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Caroline Rhea as Mom, Additional Voices
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Additional Voices
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram, Additional Voices
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry, Additional Voices
- Tyler Mann as Carl
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Kelly Hu as Stacy, Additional Voices
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa, Additional Voices
- Seth Green as Monty Monogram, Additional Voices
- Jack McBrayer as Irving, Additional Voices
- Benita Scheckel as Lacie
- Additional voices: Brian Phelps, Jill Whelan, Lucas Grabeel, Michaela Zee, Rob Morrow, Todd Stashwick
"Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror"
"The Curse of Candace"
"Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror"