Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Easter Island (Rapa Nui: Rapa Nui, Spanish: Isla de Pascua) is a Polynesian island in the southeastern Pacific Ocean, at the southeasternmost point of the Polynesian triangle. A special territory of Chile that was annexed in 1888, Easter Island is famous for its 887 extant monumental statues, called moai, created by the early Rapanui people. It is a World Heritage Site (as determined by UNESCO) with much of the island protected within Rapa Nui National Park. In recent times the island has served as a warning of the cultural and environmental dangers of overexploitation. Ethnographers and archaeologists also blame diseases carried by European colonizers and slave raiding of the 1860s for devastating the local peoples.
Easter Island is claimed to be the most remote inhabited island in the world.
When Candace breaks her new phone, Phineas and Ferb built her a new one that has a device that sends you to anywhere as long as you say "Go to..." before it. For example "Go to Easter Island." Candace said this while having a conversation with Stacy. Candace ended up here and had her phone stolen by a bird. As Candace tried to get it, she fell off of the cliff and was stuck holding onto a tree hanging off of it. Luckily, Perry uses Doofenshmirtz's Pick 'Em Up-Inator to save her and bring her back to the backyard.
Easter Island is a remote island that hasn't got any human inhabitants. It is famous for its giant Easter Island Heads or Moai.
- "Candace Disconnected" (First appearance)
- ↑ B. Peiser (2005) From Genocide to Ecocide: The Rape of Rapa Nui Energy & Environment volume 16 No. 3&4 2005
- ↑ "Welcome to Tapa Nui - Isla de Pascua - Easter Island" on Portal RapaNui, the island's official website
- Easter Island travel guide from Wikitravel
- Chile Cultural Society - Easter Island
- Rapa Nui Digital Media Archive (creative commons-licensed photos, laser scans, panoramas), focused in the area around Rano Raraku and Ahu Te Pito Kura with data from an Autodesk/CyArk research partnership
- Easter Island
- Easter Island at Wikipedia
- Easter Island informations
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|