Rumors are circulating that Phineas and Ferb will be canceled in 2014. I hope some of you have heard about this and can shed some light on the subject. Here is what I know:
- The show is immensely popular, especially for one in its 7th year.
- It is Disney's longest running show ever, beating Kim Possible by almost a year (so far).
- Season 4 will end in 2014.
- There is an upcoming film based on the show. The original premiere date was 7/26/13, but it was moved back to 2014. It was later taken off of the 2014 movie release schedule, and its release date was changed to TBA. The former was due to the Mission Marvel crossover; the latter due to an upcoming Star Wars crossover.
- I am fairly certain it's Disney's most popular show today.
I have heard the rumors and as far as rumors go I am not willing to believe a rumor until it is proved true. The rumor being mentioned here is about Phineas and Ferb being canceled in 2014. Until Disney itself says whether or not Phineas and Ferb is canceled, all it is is just a rumor. Until it is official, either way nothing should be said about that on this wiki in any way, shape or form on a page that is not a forum. This being a forum is the right place for it to be discussed. So, it is best to wait to see if the rumor is either proved true or is proved false. On the topic of the movie it was pushed back to 2014 because they wanted to make sure they got it right. More recently it was put on hold and might never happen. About the longevity of the show, Phineas and Ferb is now the longest running on Disney Channel all time in terms of length of run having passed Kim Possible which is now has the second longest run time. In terms of number of episodes Phineas and Ferb now has the most episodes shown of any Disney show having passed Wizards of Waverly Place this year to take its place in that regard. P&F fan92 (talk) 20:50, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
I wouldn't want to believe it either but it's a really tricky topic. A lot of Disney Channel shows stop at 4 seasons or 3 years whether popular or not. That's basically what happened with:
Ant Farm;three years and three seasons
Good Luck Charlie: four years and four seasons
Fish Hooks:three years and three seasons
Shake it Up:three years and three seasons
A lot of shows with mehish ratings have been given the axe over about an 18 month period. The four shows above have ended either late 2013 or will end this year. They've had their moments of triumph,but a lot of them don't hook as many viewers as PAF does over a long lifetime even if the do get better ratings than it at times.
I did have a theory that Disney would have the crew finish up all the episodes and make a long season 4 and wait until the SW spinoff came to cancel it,but that doesn't make too much sense. Yet again,Disney can decide to off any show very quickly if the ratings aren't showing so...I don't know. I hope it doesn't get cancelled since it's the last surviving relic of the "Old Disney Channel",but you never know. If you look back to about 2005-2008 that was about the time when a lot of excellent animated series got offed for no really good reason. Also considering the fact that the movie in currently in development hell ever since the director got replaced might shorten it's life force.So,yeah not too sure on the subject either but we just have to watch and learn. Cakeface33 (talk) 17:57, February 7, 2014 (UTC)
It may end in 2014 but it still is just a rumor Return to the 2nd Dimension should be in late 2014. It is joining all the past Disney series. And if it is (unconfirmed, though) may or may not be the first Disney series with 5 seasons.
Here are shows renewed for another season
Gravity Falls (season 2) - Summer 2014 (announced July 29, 2013)
Liv and Maddie (season 2) - Fall 2014 (announced January 13, 2014)
Dog with a Blog (season 3) - 2014 (announced February 4, 2014)
Austin & Ally (season 4) - 2014 or 2015 (announced April 25, 2014)
Jessie (season 4) - January 2015 (announced May 20, 2014)
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/29/gravity-falls-renewed-by-disney-channel-for-second-season/194530/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/disney-channels-liv-maddie-renewed-669999
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/04/dog-with-a-blog-renewed-for-season-3-by-disney-channel/234449/
- ↑ https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-austin---ally--exclusive--disney-channel-renews-the-series-for-a-fourth-season-210210797.html
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/20/jessie-renewed-for-fourth-season-by-disney-channel/266096/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29