Until this day, Phineas's blood father has never been mentioned once in the entire series, so a good possibility for a series finale would be if Phineas and Ferb found the truth of their real mother and father. Interestingly enough, Phineas Flynn does bear some resemblance to Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the show's main antagonist. An episode with this concept is not yet officially, but since the boy's heritage is still uncertain, it is very possible Disney could create such a special. —Unsigned message added by Ubiwerks365 (talk • contribs) 20:25, 29 March 2009
- I highly doubt either will ever be mentioned. I think the point in not mentioning either is the idea that Phineas' and Candice's stepdad is their "real" dad, and Ferb's stepmom is his "real" mom. A similar concept was applied to The Brady Bunch, where the Brady boys' biological mother is only mentioned once in the pilot episode, and the Brady girls'ological father is never discussed. -PeepsMcJuggs (talk) 14:44, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
To add onto that, Dan and Swampy have said more than once that are not going to mention Phineas and Candace's biological father or Ferb's biological mother in the series at all. They have confirmed that Doofenshmirtz is absolutely not Phineas' father.Argonstorm32 (talk) 20:02, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with AngelxDeidrael and Phineasf92, if Phineas and Candace don't even know their own parents they would'nt be able to indentify them or say hi Dad plus that will show any sign of recognition which they have not done so which is seen in phineas and ferb the movie across the second dimension when phineas helped Dr.Doofenshmirtz build his 'other dimensionator'. Overall I think that there is a possibility that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is their father, but it's just not likely.-Windthaught
- Candace and Phineas are obviously siblings. It isn't possible because Candace and Vanessa are around the same age. Dr. Doofenshmirtz would have had to cheat on Charlene twice (or once, depending on when the divorce happened, but that would only make Candace his child, not Phineas). Charlene and Linda would not be friends if such a thing occurred. —Unsigned message added by AngelxDeidrael (talk • contribs) 12:05, 14 April 2009
I agree with AngelxDeidrael. I really don't think Phineas and Doofenshmirtz are related since Doofenshmirtz's only child is Vanessa. If Doofenshmirtz is related to Phineas, he would have to be related to Candace as well. Vanessa would've known Candace since they switched clothes in one episode, but they didn't recognize each other at all. In fact, all they said was, "Hey!" And especially when Doofenshmirtz entered Chez Platypus in Chez Platypus, there was a scene where he just pushed through the line to get inside the restaurant since he reserved a table and he just pushed through Candace. Candace would've said, "Dad!" if they were really related. --Phineasf92 09:49, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
What if Linda married Dr. D and had Candace a long time ago, but she broke up with him when Candace was just a baby? Maybe since he started fighting Perry the Platypus, Linda thought he was crazy and dumped him, but was pregnant with Phineas on the day she did so? Then Dr. D could've probably married Charlene and had Vanessa. --User:Ubiwerks365
I agree with most of this but if Candace was related to dr.d she might not no if she was there for she was adopted or there was a part with Candace mother did date Dr.d so her mom could of not told her ! and phines is not dr.ds beacuse if u think about it they dated along time ago and Caandace is way older then phines so there for its not Dr.ds kid -perrytheplatypuslover
- I agree with AngelxDeidrael and Phineasf92. Ubiwerks365's scenario is almost impossible to happen since Charlene did not know that he was fighting Perry, so that means that he started fighting Perry after his Relationship with Charlene.—Ardi 00:36, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ubiwerks365's second situation is still impossible. Vanessa is definitely older than Phineas. Vanessa wasn't even aware of Perry until The Magnificent Few. -User:AngelxDeidrael
- This is no possible. In the flashback candance has in the song little brother, lawrance was in the backround when phineas had come home for the first time. I'mIsabella3 10:53, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- No he didn't. He first appeared when Candace and Phineas met Ferb for the first time
- That's impossible, since in What Do It Do? Linda and Doof are seen on a date before Candace was born or very young, and Linda breaks up with Doof. So Phineas cannot be related to Doofenshmirtz. Perrylegs PANDAS! ATTACK! Mufasa... DA. DA. DA. 22:16, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
- It could be possible, but dont you think the creaters of Phineas and Ferb give us a hint about this. I higly doubt they left this big of a detail for us to just assume. Even if Phineas and Candace didn't remeber Doofenshmirtz being their dad, the creators would definately make it clear.~epicpieface4ver
- User:Ubiwerks365 What if Dr. D married Charline AFTER she had Vanessa, like when she was three or four or something, and then Phineas was born later.
- Anonymus. it's impossible for heinz to be phineas dad because on the what do it do episode it showed a flash back to heinz doofensimirts teen years and he had a date with phineas's mom. he brought an inator to the date and the movie screen blew up and phineas mom said take me home.
And another thing, in "Tip of the Day", Candace opened up her email and saw Dr. Doofenshmirtz roller skate into the toilet and she just laughed. She didn't even act like she knew him. If they were related, wouldn't Candace have said, "Hey!"? This just renders the fact that Phineas and Candace are not related to Doofenshmirtz. -Phineasf92 04:38, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
But also Ferb has a romantic intrest in Venessa, so it would be wrong if they were made related. So I don't think Doof is thier dad.
Now, here are the characteristics of Doofenshmirtz and Candace and Phineas share, 1. Talking, this Ferb does not do since he could never be possible related the Doofenshmirtz’s (2.) Phineas and Candace enjoy music. Ferb does to but he’s more instrumental rather than vocal… okay I would’ve come up with a third one but Candace is too hard to relate him too! Now he and Phineas both share the creativity (Dr. Doofenshmirtz is really creative, have you SEEN what he builds and how he plans to use it?!?!) Phineas and Doofenshmirtz both have that technology thing and mechanical work. They share similar hair (not colour wise but more shape).
And well, the next one I going to have to explain more, we all know how Dr. Doofenshmirtz was emotionally abused, neglected, and dozens of others but have you seen what he tries to do for his daughter? He, being unlike his own father, loves Vanessa very much and does what he can for her, he even likes Perry though he won’t admit to it, except for that one time, and he hasn’t tried to deliberately hurt Charlene has he? Yes, he ripped up a poster of her but he wouldn’t really hurt her!! He is a kind person at heart!! He shares that kindness thing with Phineas and well, sometimes Candace. And if you have noticed, he has a long-ish neck and Candace definitely has a long neck and Phineas is developing that little curve in his neck, not as severe as Doofenshmirtz but it’s still there. Doofenshmirtz is also described as short. Well, Phineas is definitely short and Candace was once too short to be ‘flawless girl’ so I’m thinking she’s not one of the tallest despite her huge neck!! Plus, both Phineas and Dr. Doofenshmirtz want to do something different each day.
Now, even if Candace had met Doofenshmirtz that would have been AT LEAST 13 years ago. And besides, he would’ve been in his twenties when Candace was born and think about it, he would’ve gone through his thirties and all the way up to early/mid 40’s (I just prefer to say that he’s about 42) So Candace wouldn’t have been able to recognize him at all. That’s pretty sad to think about… how could Disney allow this? ANYWAYS, well, that’s about all I’ve got. But hasn’t anyone wondered about Ferb? I guess you’re right. Whoever his mother was, was back in England.
- It could happen... the most epic finale in all of cartoon history!! Perry would also probably resign... :( ANYWAYS!! I wasn't supporting that he wasn't their father? Sorry if I'm being negative. But she wouldn't have reconized him anyways since that was from when he was a teenager and this she would've seen him just over 10 years if she even had at all. Thus, making it nearly impossible identify him as 'someone she has seen before'. Also, he was a teen when he made that video so he still would've "changed" quite a bit since he would've seen she would've seen him last if at all. Sorry if I'm being rude, I don't mean to be.
Resemblence is in the DNA not influenced by what the parent' behaviour. I mean... I look completely like my mom and my biological father (though he divorced my mom) share nothing in common. As for my sister, she looks more like my dad out of the two of us. —Unsigned message added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) on 03:25, 26 July 2009
If Doofensmirtz was Phineas and Candace's real dad I think it would really mess up the whole show and at night I would be haunted.--Platypuslover11 04:03, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I mean, the only thing that really ties in Dr. D's plans with Phineas and Ferb is that he gets rid of their inventions so the boys don't get caught, and that their pet platypus fights him. Maybe Phineas and Ferb use discovering their true parents as one of their adventures because their mom and dad have never told them before (and who could blame Linda if Dr. D was Phineas' real father, not that I hate the guy). User:Ubiwerks365
So it'd ruin the show? What if it were the last episode (though it'd probably have to be a movie so they could have the time they needed, and so that they have a bit more freedom to speak of biological parents and stuff like that? I mean, if we weren't going to see them anymore, why not go off with a bang? I can see how it'd ruin it now in the series, but you know,. there are such things as 'last episodes'. Lol, how can you blame Linda? Yeah, I'm actually a girl (yes...) and I mean, he doesn't seem THAT bad of a guy (seriously, like I said before... he freaking blew up the moon for one of his girlfriends! Does that not show that he probably isn't too bad of a person?). And I don't think they could fit all of the unanswered things and things like that is a 30 minute span. It'd be like scrunching it up and I don't like that. ANYWAYS, yes, it would be "so bad", I think cartoons have something against not being subtle about ...CERTAIN THINGS. I mean, subtle innuendos are okay (it's for the parents who watch it with their kids, and they think it goes way over my head... WORNG). Anyways, it'd sort of take the fun out of the series if that wasn't what ended it (I mean, I'd like to know, I don't know about you). And that's about it... -32oz 12:54, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
You have a good point, and as a last episode I guess it could work, but what about reruns?--Platypuslover11 15:41, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
To strengthen the idea that Phineas is somehow related to Doofenshmirtz is given in Quantum Boogaloo, when it is suggested Ferb becomes president. This is interesting because Doofenshmirtz also has a brother in politics, Roger Doofenshmirtz. On one hand, it could be saying that they are similar, or it could be a coincidence. Also, on a side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if they had dialogue like this in the final episode:
D: No Phineas, I am your father!
P: That's impossible!
I still think Phineas and Doofenshmirtz are related. For all the obvious reasons: large triangular heads and huge noses, large blue eyes, same big ideas and skills to make their ideas come true-okay, my theory is based on appearances and attitudes. But here's something I don't remember anyone here bringing up- 1) Charlene Doofenshmirtz looks nothing like Vanessa. Elizabeth, Heinz's whale-inhabiting former love interest does. My theory is that Heinz has (somewhat miraculously) managed to be with enough women to have children-and then is forced to leave, for whatever reason. Linda, I have no doubt, was one of his love interests-one year, I believe, resulting in Phineas and Candace being born-buit not having enough time for them to really know him. Also, Candace and Vanessa have the same-shaped heads-just not the same huge neck. As for Ferb's mother, that's not really important. Haru Axeman 16:24, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
Phineas is Doof's Son? I Don't Think so, cause Doof is A Drueselstein People and Phineas is A American People. Or Maybe, Before Married Charlene, Doof marries Linda and get Candace and Phineas. But How About Vanessa? She's Same like Candace, Or Vanessa were Adopted When she Was A Baby. But there is one Thing that resemblance, that is Phineas and Doof like To Makes Inventions that make People Attract to Them. Doofenshmirtz haven't meet Phineas at The Whole Time, but I Think Doof is Phineas and Candace's Father. Maybe it's Like This, Doof went to America for College and Meet Linda, They Married and Adopted Bucky, After Having Phineas, Bucky Dead and Doof remarried with Charlene and adopted Vanessa. As for Ferb's Mother, I Don't Know. But As I Know, Ferb's Mother is Somewhere in London or Really Dead/ HugoNugPa 14:00, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
It is not possible in my opinion. Phineas and Ferb and Candace are just fine the way they are even if we don't know the other half of their parents. Let it be --188.8.131.52 22:55, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Did you ever think that maybe it's because that's the way the drawer draws people. it could be his favorite way to draw and they are his favorite people in the show. Phineas and Candace look like their mom with the red hair and stuff. i think their dad was just some really dumb person that Linda didn't want to be with and she meet him when she had her one hint wonder, so they got a divorce. They may even know about him and just don't talk about it. At the end of the series they may tell u who he is and they go and find him or he just died. --184.108.40.206 17:15, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with 220.127.116.11. As I have mentioned before, as have others, the past with regards to Phineas and Ferb's real parents really does not matter, or should matter, though it DOES make great material for fanfiction stories. In fact, I don't really see any impact on Phineas and Ferb or what they do, or even how they interact with their parents (Linda and Lawrence). Minus how the two got together at at "Love Handel" concert in the episode "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", as well as a recent episode in which Linda WAS going out with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, there is no relevance per se of who the "true" parents of Phineas and Ferb are to the show and to the characters themselves. BigNeerav 21:00, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Phineas' hair comes from his mom and maybe most of his maternal family. I used to have a head like my dad but now we look completely different almost and that may be the case with Phineas and c'mon Phineas' head as a baby in a flashback was just a dream, and I don't think looked like that in his infancy; Perry wasn't around during the time Phineas was on his age right after birth.
Timeline: Very early 90's: Doof meets Charlene. c. 1993: Vanessa is born. Right after: They divorce. A little bit after: Doofenzimrtz meets Linda after the reunion concert. c. 1994: Candace is born. c. 1999: Phineas and born. Right after: Linda and Doof divorce.
Now I have no records or theories on Ferb's mom but I would say that Lawrence was a widow. Think about it! How many male protaganists of Disney movies have their mother dying? Tons! I can think of one. The Hunchback. Maldgiatos 16:12, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
DR. HEINZ DOOFENSHMIRTZ CANNOT BE PHINEAS OR CANDACE'S FATHER!
Reason 1: Linda (Phineas and Candace's mom) dated Heinz for what we assume was one night! The night did not go well, and from what we know, that's as far as it went!
Reason 2: Linda and Heinz dated in the eighties. According to the technology that Phineas and Ferb and the rest of the characters work with, they live in the current time, the 2000s! Phineas is only 10, and Candace is only 15! In order for Phineas and Candace to be even remotely related to Heinz, they would have to be, at least, 10+ more years older.
Reason 3: THERE IS NO REASON 3!!! as far as I know... Cyborobin 19:36, February 1, 2010
Ya... well back to the Phineas and Dr. Doofenshmirtz scenarios maybe Dr. Doofenshmirtz made a mistake on his flash back and meant to say that " oh... I was married to her we had to kids together and then she wanted to divorce me. I never knew why and I never saw my kids Phineas and Candace again" and then Perry looked at him like he was crazy like that's my owner .......... and then later on in that show Ferb's dad would finally tell Ferb that his mom passed away mysteriously in a boat ride ..... so that's what I think . Beat that Kuzlalala .....from "hittin the big city" —Unsigned message added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
We know that Doofenshmirtz dated Linda at one point when he was a teenager. They dated one time and Doofenshmirtz said himself that he never saw her again after that first date. So even if one wants to think that they could have had Candance in that one night (unlikely as the date didn't go well) there's no way you can slide Phineas in there too.EriktheEagle 00:59, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
it's "hittin the big city " and EriktheEagle like I said before Dr. Doofenshmirtz could have messed up his flash back gosh no one listens to me at all. —Unsigned message added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)]
- Wait wait wait. You think it's more likely Dr. D forgot he fathered two children with Linda even though he obviously remembers her. Say what you will about any other skills the Evil doctor has but he's got a great memory. ThatBobGuy 21:50, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure if Doofenschmritz can remember all of these petty grudges he has a good memory. But there is one thing I will give you, this series has several plot holes and this could end up being one of them.EriktheEagle 22:09, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Whoah.... I don't agree with any of you. First of all Phineas and Heinz's face aren't like each other. And anyone can get a hair style like that! I don't believe that Disney would do such a thing. I mean after all it's a kid' show , isn't it? And Heinz is EVIL and Phineas is likeee . ........ . nice! And about that singing and playing the guitar thing, every one except the Fletcher family sing and plays the guitar. —Unsigned message added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 07:32, 6 May 2010
Even though I totally support the "Doofenshmirtz being Phineas' dad" theory, I don't think there will be an episode about it, because in Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo, Future Candace didn't recognize Doofenshmirtz. However, I think Doofenshmirtz is their father because in What Do It Do, he never said it was the first date. They could have very we'll dated before that. Also, Phineas and Doofenshmirtz share the triangular head, ability to invent outlandish things, and musical ability. As well, Candace and Doofenshmirtz both have long necks, are tall, and have a strange need for control: Candace in that she wants to bust her brothers and Doofenshmirtz in that he wants to take over the Tri-State Area. Also, Candace and Vanessa share similar head shapes and the urge yo bust people. Also, Doofenshmirtz is only evil because of his traumatic childhood, so we can't link that to Phineas. 23 Feb. 2012
Look you loser we are just kids or teens giving are opinion about something. You think we actually care if you don't agree with us and what you said doesn't make any sense. Almost everybody in the Fletcher family sings or play an instrument. You know what, you're done with this conversation. This is just between me (hittin tyhe big city), EriktheEagle, and my new friend and that Bob guy, so bye bye loser hahaha. —Unsigned message added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 22:52, 26 May 2010
Yeah but Roger dosen't look anything like Phineas or Candace, and in most biological things the boy looks more like the father and the girl looks more like the mother. it dosnt always happen like that but most of the time it does and both phineas and doof slouch a little. If you look at a pic of Candace, she slouches back so that means that Phineas dad has to slouch. —Unsigned message added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 19:14, 27 May 2010
Also, Phineas and Dr. Doofenshmirtz have a triangular head and both like to build things. In one of the episodes Linda and Dr. Doofenshmirtz were dating and it didn't tell how long so it could have been long enough to have Candace, but too short for Candace to remember. I mean when Phineas came Candace was still young. —Unsigned message added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 19:22, 27 May 2010
Really it's debatable, but honestly I still think Dr. Doofenshmirtz is Phineas and Candace's dad. I dont have much proof for this, but I think that Vanessa's mother is Ferb's mother. Don't yell at me saying I'm wrong becuase I said I didn't have much proof and as I get more proof I'll put more evidence into it. Okay? Alright. —Unsigned message added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 19:27, 27 May 2010
Hold on. I thought the question was who is Phineas's real dad and Ferb's real mom, not how does the time line go in order of how Phineas and Ferb's parents and Vanessa's parents had each of them, and how the marriage is if Dr. Doofenshmirtz is Phineas's father and Candace's and Vansessa's father. I'm getting confused, I mean stay on the subject, not the reason. If you stay on subject, the reason will reveal itself. I know I sound like a Kung fu dude or something but its true —Unsigned message added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 19:32, 27 May 2010
Well guys saying that Phineas and Candace are full blood siblings. How you know cause they have the same color hair?! There mom does too! And people saying That Doof and Phineas can't be related cause there hair colors. Well they can. Lawrence has brown hair and Ferb has green hair. But Candace and Doof might be related. Well Heinz ex-wife went out, made Vanessa, and broke up. He went on to Linda, made Candace, and she broke up with him. Then, his ex-wife fell in love with him again and they got married. Then divorced. Linda gave Heinz another chance. Phineas is made and they break up. Now Candece doesn't have to see him when Linda and Dr. Doofenshmirtz are dating though! Ferb's mom is either dead or still in England. —Unsigned message added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 21:59, 2 August 2010
Hmmm..... let me share my ideas okay? First, I think that all of us keep thinking Dr. D as Phineas's real father just because there's a bit of a resemblance right? Do you ever think about other peoples besides Doofenshmirtz? Let's see, we all know that Ferb is the son of Lawrence and an unnamed woman right? While Phineas was born around the same age as Ferb? Doesn't that mean that first, Lawrence and Linda had a daughter (Candace), then, Lawrence cheated on Linda and Ferb was born? and finally they fall back in love during the Love Händel farewell concert, then Phineas was born? Well.. What's just a theory.. What do you think? Aldwin E. Demas
Ferb is not biological to Phineas and Candace directly. If what you said happened directly, they would be half-related. Besides, we all knew Professor Poofenplotz was Ferb's mom, eh? </sarcasm> PFMuffinStrike455 Talk 13:46, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Oh... actually I have 2 opinion... The first one is the one above.. But what bothers me is the video from the song "little brothers".. since the picture starts when Candace is maybe around 5-10 years old when Linda shows baby Phineas to Candace right? Then after Phineas is a lil' bit old, Ferb came from England? Which means that at that time Candace is probably a Teenager already right? So, the Theory might be:
1. Candace was born with Linda and Lawrence after the Love Händel concert? Then Lawrence cheated on Linda and Ferb was born, then He came back at Linda and Phineas was born.
2. The theory above??
What do you think? I think that Phineas is Ferb's stepbrother, that doesn't mean they are not half-related right? Sometimes I wonder why aren't they just said to be biological or half-related.. —Unsigned message added by Aldwin Edbert Demas (talk • contribs) 14:21, 11 August 2010
Well To go by what I am reading and watching Phineas and Ferb. When Doofenshmirtz said "And I never saw her again". Maybe he did and forgot He did! 1.He had a memory eraser and Accidently Erased the Memory! Or 2.He hurt his Head a forgot! Or 3.It was a accident they Made Phineas! Most likely if a accident Drinking! And Ferbs Mom is In England Or Dead
LINDA HAS TO BE DIVORCED OR PHINEAS AND FERB are born out of wedlock! Notice something, Linda's last name is Flynn, the same as her parents. Lets also not that her children's last names are also flynn. When do you see this secnario? When the parent has children out of wedlock. If she was married and divorced the father of candace and phineas, then why did she change their names? If he died then why didnt she keep her name? why didnt phineas and Candance keep their names? The logical thing is that "Lindana" had a boyfriend and not a husband. The husband theory doesnt make since, and therefore anyone could be their father. Who know's —Unsigned message added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 07:56, 20 August 2010
A possible season or series finale would be if Doofensmirtz is Phineas and Candace's father, Perry would resign from the OWCA when he found out. Then, Ferb's mom would be revealed. Linda and Lawrence may have conflicts with each other. Linda and Lawrence may divorce going back to their spouses. Phineas and Ferb would say goodbye to each other. Which will lead to a possible spin-off focusing on Isabella and the Fireside Girls. Summer Lover June 26, 2011 —Unsigned message added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
well although doof and phineas and candace have similar qualities, i dont think theyre related. in one episode, heinz and linda go on a date,(what did it do? episode) but it doesnt work out. also, if heinz was their father then that would mean they were half siblings to vanessa. pherb has a crush on vanessa, which would mean he would be liking his half/step sister. —Unsigned message added by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
I absolutely agree with 32oz! If Doofenshmirtz was cheating on Charlene with Linda, he would've made sure to have Vanessa first(because I figure she's about 17) to keep Charlene from becoming suspicious, then he would've got together with Linda and had Candace. Doofenshmirtz seems smart enough(i mean look at his inventions!), so he would've known not to introduce Linda and Charlene or else have major complications. He would've then had Phineas with Linda shortly before the divorce. Linda would've probably seen some of Doofenshmirtz evil schemes and thought him crazy, so she ditched him once Phineas was born. Also, it seems that Charlene may have been the one who filed for divorce, not Doofenshmirtz, because Charlene does occasionally show dislike to Hienz, while he never really indicates any dislike towards her. True, he once ripped up a picture of her, but I believe that was more out of anger for her divorcing him. It also semms that, after the divorce, Hienz had full-custody of Vanessa for a while. The main thing that indicates this is when Hienz pulls out his wallet to show Perry his pictures of Vanessa and, whereas both Hienz and Vanessa are present in all of the pictures(and it looked like a lot of pictures), Charlene was not clearly visible in any of them. So he would've forgotten about Linda, Candace, and Phineas because he now had to raise a child on his own. I believe that Charlene just wanted to spend more time with Vanessa, so she took Hienz to court and they had the custody changed to alternating weeks(in other words, Vanessa would spend a week with her father then a week with her mother, ect.) Also, Candace has a long neck, and there are actually several indications of Doofenshmirtz having a long neck. For example, his knees are often bent and he has a self-proclaimed "mantis-like posture", which can be described as a constant slouch. Plus, his neck is always at an angle by which a camera would capture it as a short-view. This all indicates that his neck is actually longer(possibly much longer) than his design lets on. Another thing is that Doofenshmirtz was short when he was a child, and both Phineas and Candace are short for their age(Indicated in Phineas's design and in "Attack of The 50 foot Sister", an episode in which Candace is too short to be the new "Flawless Girl".) Also, when Linda married Lawrence, there was no current father figure in Candace's life and so the only father she has known is Lawrence(notice how she calls him "Dad" instead of "Lawrence". most kids would call their stepfather by his real name, but Candace does not because she feels a more father-daughter-like relationship because he is the only father she has known). Also, some people have been saying that in the episode "What Do It Do?" Doofenshmirtz states that once Linda breaks up with him he never sees her again, and I must admit that I also heard him say that, but think about this: maybe he was so embarrassed about the fact that he had cheated on his wife with a past love that he didn't want to mention it. Also, he meets Candace several times in the show, but they neither recognize each other. This would make sense because once Linda had Candace, Doofenshmirtz had Vanessa at home to worry about, thus meaning that he rarely saw Candace, and Linda was probably so ashamed that she had had a kid without getting married that she never told Candace that this strange man was her father. I believe that Linda and Doofenshmirtz got together again shortly before the divorce and Linda got pregnant from him without actually meaning to and, not wanting to have an abortion, gave birth to Phineas. I believe that Phineas was born just after Charlene divorced Doofenshmirtz and that Hienz would've been so busy with raising Vanessa by himself that he never returned to Linda. So, after awhile he forgot about Candace and Phineas and could only remember Linda becuase she was the one he had fallen in love with. Also, if Hienz and Phineas do ever meet, Phineas would not recognize Hienz because he would already have been divorced and been caring for Vanessa by the time Phineas was born. And if Candace had seen him and he had seen Candace, that would've been in about 1995(Candace is 15 and I like to think that Hienz is 45)which would mean that they both would have aged some and probably look a lot different, or at least different enough to not recognize each other. Also, Phineas and Doofenshmirtz both have the same ears, eyes, hair, and they both have the basic triangle head shape, and I also noticed that they smile the same when laughing or making an open-mouth smile.Plus, Hienz is very intelligent and a great inventor(not to mention a fast inventor), and it's quite easy to see that the same can be said about Phineas. Another trait they have in common is kindness. Even though Doofenshmirtz is "Evil", the kindness and gentleness inside him comes out when he is with Vanessa, and it's pretty obvious to see that he loves her very very much. One more thing is that Doofenshmirtz has that little crick in his neck that makes it slant, and this crick is developing in Phineas, though it looks like it will be less pronounced than Doofenshmirtz's. So, I guess that my point is that Hienz is Candace and Phineas's father and that he simply fell in love with 2 women at the same time.juliusroot5 16:04, March 25, 2011 (UTC)juliusroot5
I think I know What happened:
Real Life, when the show was made: Creator didn't think about Dr. D's Triangle Head
Show, 80's Linda broke up with Dr.D
1990-1992: Linda meetsMr. Flynn and marries him/Same happens with Lawrence and Mrs. Fletcher
1990: Charlene Marries Dr.D out of sympathy or something
1992:Vanessa is born
1993: Linda gives birth to Candace
Very late 90's-2001: Phineas and Ferb are born
After that: Mr. Flynn meets Mrs.Fletcher and they dump their spouses for each other,and get married
Pre-2007: Mrs. Flynn meets Mr. Fletcher at a Love Handel Concert and marries him
1993-Pre-2007Charlene figures out that Dr. D is a loser and she divorces.
P+F Joey 23:06, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Dr. Dofinshmirts could be phineas's dad (or Candice ), But that dosent mean that they will remember eachother. Doof might not have known about candice (or phineas ) and vise versa so they DONT have to recognize eachother. And phineas does look kinda like doof, and it would kinda be cool if they showed phineas and ferb's history i know we are ALL wondering about there background history! (darcyfan130)
Presonally, I think that it could be possible. I mean, what if charlene had vanessa, then they divorced, then he married linda, then she had candace and phineas, then he divorced her, then she married umm, ferb's dad, who had already been married and divorced. But then ferb would be vanessa's half-brother's half-brother, which would make dating rather weird. Also, maybe Doofenshmirtz divorced linda between candace and phineas, then remarried. And candace didn't see him much, never knew vanessa because charlene had custody, and doof looked different in his underwear as a teenager. So it is possible, technically.
18.104.22.168 16:36, December 13, 2011 (UTC)The ultimate phineas and ferb FANatic.
How about this? Linda and Dr D had Phineas then Linda got pregnant with Candace. They divorced and Dr D got together with Charlene who got pregnant with Vanessa. That would explain the small age difference. Besides Candace and Vanessa's hair look similar. Linda and Charlene never had to know each other and Vanessa and the other kids never had to know each other. OR Roger is Phineas and Candace's father! Phineas and Dr D could still look alike and Vanessa and Candace could still look alike. And since Dr D and Linda said they never saw each other again, they didn't have to. Linda and Roger never got married, explaining the names. It's possible, right?
Let me get a few things straight here, (1) You do not know how much I wish this were true (2) Alright I'm 12, big whoop! I have given my idea great thought! And (3) Has it ever occurred to you that Candace is like 15 and Vanessa is 16 and whatever Dr. Doofenshmirtz did with whoever could have been a one-time thing... well, maybe two time thing. Okay here's my story. If Vanessa is 16 and our time she would've been born in 1993 which would've been around the time he married Charlene. Now, he may have well, met Linda and she got pregnant with Candice. Then maybe about three years later he came back to Linda (they did not have to be married) and she had Phineas tough without him to see his son. Probably 15 years after his marriage he is divorced, I would say that it was his wife not him because he shows anger toward her and she seems rather neutral which to me indicates that she is sort of happy to be away but doesn't really care either and well, Heinz may be angry because he typically is a very loving/caring person believe it or not, just look carefully, but he could be upset because he still loved her when it happened... ANYWAYS!! Candace and Doofenshmirtz wouldn't have to have met because she would've been about three when he returned but Linda probably wouldn't say anything about it now would it?
Oh yeah, Vanessa and Candace wouldn't have to of known each other and neither would Charlene. Doofenshmirtz is at least reasonable enough to know not to introduce Linda to Charlene. See, he marries Charlene. He meets Linda. Linda has Candace. Notice that this is all the while he has Vanessa and then after a period of time he gets back with Linda and she had Phineas. Now, he might have known about Candace but she wouldn't have known him. That might also be one more thing that piles up on him and causes that dark patch under his eyes, a whole other family. Maybe that's why he treats Vanessa so great (well, he loves her too but it might just be one more reason to love her)And he has been into the dating business though never quite successful... and that's about all I've got left... —Unsigned message added by 32oz (talk • contribs) 18:46, 8 June 2009
- I do not think that Doofenshmirtz is Phineas and Candace's real dad. And like what 32oz said Candace wouldn't have just laughed about Doofenshmirtz roller skating into the toilet she would have said or wondered something about him like "Have I seen this guy before?" or something like that. —Mai~(Talk) 02:21, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- User:Ubiwerks365Well, since Vanessa is only one year apart from Candace, maybe Dr. D did have her after he had Candace with Linda. Candance probably never even remembers him because 1. She'd be just a baby at the time, 2. Linda would never, ever mention him to her or Phineas. Maybe she thought he was crazy after he started building those inventions, or if he ever told her about Perry the Platypus.
As for Ferb's mom, well, my guess is, like in most Disney movies, she's dead. And then Lawrence met Linda when Phineas was just a kid. Lawrence probably felt that Ferb needed a mother, and he was already in love with Linda.
- Whoa, whoa! Who on earth brought Doofenshmirtz into the picture? And, for pete's sake! The creators and writers of Phineas and Ferb would never put cheating into the big picture. It would be horrible. You guys have it in your mind that Doofenshmirtz IS the father of Phineas and Candace. You guys aren't even thinking that he might NOT be. xD Doofenshmirtz married Charlene, had Vanessa, and divorced (maybe not in that order exactly). I totally don't support the Doofenshmirtz/Linda thing. Candace and Phineas probably just have a different dad, a totally different character, that the writers might put into the last season. Ferb's mom might be dead, or alive, like I said, we might find out in the later series. —Barbiene 14:48, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
I think Dan has said that he and Swampy do not have any interest in exploring who Ferb's mom and Phineas' dad are. But, don't take that as a signal to end the discussion.
Here's my opinion:
Heinz's height of 6' 2" places him towards the taller people in the United States. Linda seems to be of about average height, so genetics says that a child between her and Heinz usually will be tall. Doesn't always work that way, but most of the time it does.
The original connection that Ubiwerks365 came up with of the triangle head for both Phineas and Heinz is opposite between the two. On Heinz, it goes neck-chin-top of head. On Phineas, it goes neck-nose-top of head with no chin. Linda's head is a bit of a triangle, going chin-forehead-back of head, though closer to the structure of a person like you and me. A child between Linda and Heinz should not produce the head shape that Phineas has.
I think the biggest factor, though, is that Heinz getting together with Linda is out of character for him. Doesn't matter if it occurred when he was still married to Charlene, divorced or just separated from her at the time (or times, to include Candace). He has a hard enough time getting dates, and the things he really sets his mind to, his schemes and inventions, don't work well either. I just don't see him being successful in forming a relationship with Linda, even if it was only for one or two one-night stands.
As to Ferb's mom, there just isn't anything to go on, so any speculation we come up with will be a pure guess. — RRabbit42 16:07, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
From the interviews that I have heard and seen of the creators of "Phineas and Ferb", they don't really want to delve into the past like that, becuase they don't really see the importance. I know there are fans of the show that say otherwise though, and I have seen some fanfictions being written on thsi subject. I am kind of mixed on this issue really.......on the one hand, it would make for an interesting episode, BUT would, at the same time, kill the "funness" of the show. I am more inclined right now to agree with Dan and Swampy on this and not delve into the past of both Phineas nad Ferb in terms of thier parents. BigNeerav 18:32, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- I must agree with BigNeerav and RRabbit42, but still if it were a movie it wouldn't technically take the "funness" out of it all if it were like the last episode. True, cheating/adultery probably shouldn't be used in a children's show (XD funny. I am a kid). ANYWAYS, yes, it'd probably be a bit out there for Heinz to somehow get together with Linda. But, (yeah, yeah, I know), and who knows... despite being crazy, look at what he did for his last date... he freaking blew up the moon! So I guess that could add a little and with Linda being the nice person she is... may not have been as crazy fifteen years ago. Plus, if we're going with Heinz being tall for an American, I'll share a little interesting fact. It seems as if he is from German or Austrian parody and that means he's probably from Europe and the average height for men in Germany is about 5'9 (like, RIGHT in the middle, not short middle or the tall middle... THE middle) and he's about 6'2 (5 inches taller putting him in the taller majority of the averge height but still average). So technically he's not tall for his ethinic background. Secondly, maybe Phineas just hasn't reached his growth spurt yet? And that's about all I've got at this moment and probably all I'll ever get. -32oz 15:16, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Who said Dr. D had to have cheated on Linda in order to get remarried to Charlene? Think about it; if your spouse started making inventions like the Shrinkinator, or the Uglienator, or started telling you that he/she was fighting a platypus that stops your plans, would you wanna stay together? I bet right before Linda noticed that she was pregnant with Phineas, she dumped Dr. Doofenshmirtz 'cause she thought he was crazy. And maybe he had a more speedy married to Charlene and had Vanessa pretty early, too, considering that she's only a year older than Candace. Or Vanessa could've already been born by the time he married Charlene. Either way, it could work. User:Ubiwerks365
- Okay... so now we're coming up with scenarios? Okay, after reading what other people had previously written the likeliness of Doofenshmirtz being Candace and Phineas's father just seem to get slimmer and slimmer (because it is pretty true). But why do you have to think about getting married, then having kid, then divorce, then marrying someone else, having kids, divorce. It doesn't always happen like that. Okay. SECOND SCENARIO (from me).
Possibly in 1992 Doofenshmirtz and Charlene... err... got pregnant with Vanessa WITHOUT being married then not long after they were married (I've actually seen similar scenarios in real life). And maybe Doofenshmirtz some time later (and after Vanessa was born) some how met Linda, and she got pregnant with Candace. Several years later maybe it just didn't work out between Charlene and Doofenshmirtz or Doofenshmirtz continued cheating on her, and she found out (but not about Linda), either way, they were divorced. Doofenshmirtz looking for love (again) hooked back up with Linda and she got pregnant again with Phineas and then the two lost connection after she had met Lawrence or just possibly moved else where in the Tri-State area or something else (trying to be vague with all this). Then Doofenshmirtz started to lose the bond between him and Vanessa and now he in a world of hurt wanted revenge and Perry working in the agency shows up to stop him and then Doofenshmirtz just keeps at it and after a while he and Perry secretly become friends and then now, present day, and so on.
But still, the chances of Doofenshmirtz some how being Phineas's and Candace's father are pretty slim and I also have doubts on anything of such matter making it into an episode or movie although I'd like to see it in a movie (if that ends the series). -32oz
I don't think thay should make an episode where Phineas and Ferb find their parents. It's one of those things that should be left to the imagination of the fans. I also do not believe that the Doof is Phineas and Candace's father in the show. However, in fanfiction... IF Doofenshmirtz was their Dad, I think this is what would have happened: Doofenshmirtz meets Charlene. They get married and have Vanessa. They are divorced shortly after Vanessa is born. Doofenshmirtz and Linda meet, get married, and have Candace- not necessarily in that order. They divorce around the time that Phineas is born. Linda and Lawrence meet at the Love Handel concert, and we all know what happens with them from there. Doofenshmirtz and Linda don't keep in touch with each other, so Candace and Phineas never meet him. Linda neglects telling her kids about their father, maybe because she thinks they would treat Lawrence differently if they knew about their real dad. And Perry doesn't know anything about this. Please tell me if there's something wrong with my theory. I'm writing a story about this, and I want it to be as canon as possible. —6464MiniDiceofRandomness 17:34, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
Whoa, whoa, whoa, sheeczit, sheeczit, sheeczit. Ok. My mind about to go kablooie. Too many scenarios. Ok. I do not believe that Doof is Phineas and Candace's real dad. How do I know this? Let me count the ways.
- Candace and Vanessa are too close in age. Candace is 15 and Vanessa is 16. EoS.
- Phineas and Doof look NOTHING alike. I don't care they have similar hairstyles or triangle faces, they don't. Ok, let my explain
- First off, Phineas's head is more of an acute triangle, whereas Doof has more of a right triangular face.
- Sticking on the subject of faces, Phineas has no forehead. Or chin. The subject of his chinlessness is mentioned briefly in the episode "The Ballad of Badbeard". Doof obviously has a chin, a roundish-pointy one at that, and something curvy beneath his hair that could pass as a forehead.
- Also, Doof's hair spike-things are like half-spikes, whereas Phineas's hair is more of a spike-spikes. Look closely at their hair and you'll see what I mean.
- Ok, now that I'm done with the technicality, lets move on: Linda and Doof DID, in fact, date at one point. They did not get to the point of holding hands when Linda wanted Doof to take her home. As Doof himself put it, "And I never saw her again." Also, "Interestingly enough, she did become a popstar later." That last quote indicated before Linda's Lindana phase. The first quote indicated that they never saw each other. Any questions?
Now that we know who ISN'T Phineas's dad, let's move on to: Who IS? And the answer: We don't know. A theory: Maybe Phineas's real dad (who most likely looked something like Phineas what with the acute triangular head and such) probably died. I mean, a bunch of us are saying that Ferb's mom died (a theory I agree with, by the way), so why can't it be the same for Phineas's dad? Just a couple things to think about. Smilez221 16:20, November 4, 2009
@Smilez221 I totally agree! NotAGothChick101 02:47, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
I think that doofenshmirtz is not related to doofenshmirtz and niether is candace. in 'what do it do' doofenshmirtz said he never saw linda again, and linda still hadn't became lindana (she was still thinking about it) and in the song 'thank you santa clause' linda recives a t-shirt that says 'Lindana The fun tour 1985' so that means she met doofenshmirtz before that and candace is 17 (i found out her age from the episode 'komet kremlin') anyway just because doof and phineas have some simularitys doesnt mean their related, its just the way dan and jeff wanted them to look. i think they didn't think about them being related, they just drew 2 charecters in the same style. Its like your saying every human which have the same aspects of each other are related. i once saw a girl that looked exactly like me and was doing the exact same thing as me (my cousin was about to go up to her instead of me) and i know im not related to her. Long story short, i dont think they are related. I dont know who ferbs mother could be, i don't think i matters that much. Tammsys is out, peace. Tammsys 6:39, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
I think this thread is better for those who cares about this issue. Kuzlalala 09:00, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Here is my idea. Linda married someone with the last name of flynn, had candace, the dude died or they got divorced, and then over in britain lawrence got married to someone and they had ferb, and then not long after they got divorced, moved to danville, Linda and Lawrence met, got married, and had phineas. DUH. —Unsigned message added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 19:18, 9 October 2010
We can pretty much drop the "keeping the last name" problem - Clyde and Betty Jo Flynn are Linda's parents. light.of.no.light - I'm a semi-neurotic teenage girl of action! 23:46, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Phineas is not related to Dr. Doofenshmirtz. You know how all these people are saying they look simalar so what!? Django's dad has the same nose as Phineas does. That mean that's his dad ? NO!!!!!!!! —Unsigned message added by Noelle65girf (talk • contribs) 5 December 2010
It would be too complicated if doofenshmirtz was their dad, Candace and Vanessa are the same age, that would make them either half sisters... or twinsMaxmodem 13:46, December 9, 2010 (UTC)maxmodem
I am totally against the possibility of Doof being Phineas' dad...but I compelled to say that Vanessa is 16...1 year older than Candace.EriktheEagle 03:43, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
Actually, Candace and Vanessa might not be the same age. Candace talked about getting a driver's license, but she hasn't applied for one yet, so that may mean she's only 15. Vanessa is 16 because the party that Doof held for her, which was her "Sweet 16", and she also asked for a car. Maybe the only way Doof would even consider buying her a car is if she was already 16 and could drive it.
Even though it would be interesting to know what did happen to Phineas' father, I don't know if it will happen. They are focusing on the present not the past (One of the creators said that, I can't remember who.) It would be interesting if Phineas WAS related to Doofenshmirtz (they are very much alike), but we'll never know. Maybe when Phineas and Ferb ends Dan and Swampy will tell us, although it may not be in cartoon form, and we'll have our answer. I, personally, would love to know!
Shadowstar556 "Oh no! Ninja-vampires, I hate these guys!" 20:50, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
Look, Doof could have had Vanessa and divorced Charlene in less then a year later, resulting to have Candace with Linda, AFTER the divorce.
WOAH WOAH! WOAH! Why does everyone keep saying that after having candace he has vanessa? I thought vannessa was older so should she be the one to be born first?
Here's my theory on the matter. Maybe Linda had twins, Vanessa and Candace with Doofenshmirtz, and when they split up, they each took on kid, and they later married Lawrence and Charlene respectively. I highly doubt it though, since they only had one date which didn't go well. Also, he probably wouldn't be Phineas' dad. He could be, maybe after he broke up with charlene, but the date didn't go well, and I doubt they'd get back together after having two kids and breaking up.
Here's a new Idea. We have lots of evidence about Phineas being Doofenshmirtz son, but not Candace. So here's my theory (remember, this is all in theory).
Okay, so one day Linda meet (and then got married to) a man. I don't know who, but it wasn't Doofenshmirtz. Then, sooner or later, Candace was born. Then something happened and Linda and "the man" got divorced (cheating, "wasn't the right one", ect.) , so now Linda is single.
Then one day as Linda is out partying as Lindana, she meets Doofenshmirtz and gets pregnant with Phineas. Doofenshmirtz didn't know she was pregnant and was carrying her son because the didn't stay in touch. And Phineas was never told about his birth father because Linda was too embarrassed to tell him (seriously, would you tell you son about it, I don't think so).
But my story does have some issues. Let me see if I can clear them up.
1. Where is Candace when Lindana is partying?
A. Maybe she is visiting at her dad's or at Linda's parents or something like that. 2. Why doesn't Candace know about Lindana?
A. When this happened, Candace was 3 or 4, so she probably doesn't remember Lindana very well. Also, since she was a one-hit-wonder, she probably wasn't Lindana very long, so that doesn't help with Candace's memory.
3. Why didn't they keep in touch?
A. Because it was one of those late-night-partying things that the next day you barely remember it. Also, they could have never gotten a way to contact another (they were in a big rush to leave. Linda to Candace. Doofenshmirtz to Vanessa and Charlene.) Do I believe this theory? No, because that would wreck the Perry the Platypus part of the series if it happened. It wouldn't work. But writing this theory was fun to figure out. If you have anymore flaws in the theory let me know to see if I can make fit into the story. Let me know if you liked it! Bye! -126.96.36.199 15:10, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- So now we're saying that Candace and Phineas are only half-siblings? This just gets stranger and stranger. Look. They are full-blood siblings. So who ever the father it is, they share the same one. Candace and Phineas are clearly related and we've always been told that they are full blood siblings!! Now why does Linda have to be Lindana when Candace is born? I mean, how often do you see some celebrity marrying, starting a family the proper way and even if there is a divorce they continue being a good mother? Brittney Spears is enough explanation. Now, I'm sure that "Lindana" was back to Linda by the time Candace was born (since neither Candace nor Phineas have ANY idea and I'm sure if my mom were famous I'd remember even if I were two). I'm almost certain "Lindana" was single through-out the whole celeb-phase. So that rules out the "a man" thing for me.
- Second, let's try to be as vague as we can and try and work out small details later. I'm certain that Linda was out of her Lindana phase by this time (early 90's). Because:
- 1. Candace out of all who should remember does not. I mean, even M.J.'s little one's knew he was famous.
- 2. With as much trouble Doofenshmirtz has with girls I doubt he'd ever be capable of hooking up with a famous Lindana.
- 3. Lindana looked about early twenties. Is she's about mid to late 30's than she would've had to had Candace in her mid twenties, not long after the whole "Lindana" thing.
It would ruin the series NOW but I'm thinkin' about the end, you know, when there's not going to be anymore to ruin except for the re-runs?. Okay, now, here's my whole thing.
late 80's: Lindana becomes famous early, EARLY 90's: Doofenshmirtz marries Charlene (when they met, I'm not sure...), Lindana "ends" Early 90's: Vanessa is born, Linda meets "someone", a few years later Candace is born, and "someone" leaves for some reason
Late 90's: "someone" comes back and Phineas and born, Love Händel does their finale concert and Linda and Lawrence meet. Early 2000's: Lawrence and Linda marry Mid 2000's: Doofenshmirtz divorces Charlene
There. I seems perfectly fine to me that there is no connection between the two even if it would be fun, this is (in my opinion) the most likely case for it all.. You had some flaws which I think I already explained but whatever... -32oz 00:09, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- I agree that Disney would most definitely NOT make Doofenshmirtz the father of Candace, Phineas, AND Vanessa. The way I see it, the whole marriage/divorce situation works like this:
- Linda and an unknown husband had Candace and Phineas. Then either they split up or Candace and Phineas's father passed away. The same with Lawrence and his unknown wife; they had Ferb (in England) and either split up or Lawrence's wife passed away. I don't believe that Disney would have any of their characters have children before they got married to said person. Now, as for Doofenshmirtz and Charlene, they are both obviously alive and divorced, so they must have gotten married, had Vannessa, and gotten divorced. --FerbFangirl001 06:23, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well maybe he married Linda, had Candace, and the two divorced when Linda was just starting to be pregnant with Phineas, and then Dr. D met and married Charlene in a span of less than two years. Maybe Charlene dumped him when she was pregnant with Vanessa, or when she was just a baby. I mean, if your husband was telling you that he fights a platypus in your spare time, would you think he was nuts? I really hope that they make an episode where the boys go discover their true heritage. --Ubiwerks365 23:15, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
Interesting theories here, but I find that Candace and Phineas being half-siblings is actually quite plausible; I refuse to accept, however, that either of them are in anyway blood-related to Ferb, as canon clearly shows them to be step-siblings. My rationale for Candace and Phineas?
- In 'Little Brothers', Candace is shown remembering the day Linda came home with Phineas - I believe this is notable in the fact that no other male figure is seen in the picture, as you would normally expect from a Disney family scene. Hence, it can be safely concluded that there is in fact no 'father' figure present at this point in time. The name theory (being born out of wedlock, that is) described above would make sense in such a situation; Linda, being a single mother, need not explain the birds and the bees for Candace to understand that she has a brother who is younger than her, and that they're related. Nowhere is it explicitly stated that they are full blood siblings.
- The relationship between Candace and Lawrence - It is very obvious that she sees him as the only father figure in her life, something that would not be as obvious if she remembered her father in any way; psychologically speaking, Candace was old enough to know the difference between a biological father and a stepfather, seeing as Phineas was at least 2 years old when the Fletchers came into their life, thus their relationship would not be as 'tight' as we can see in the show.
As for Phineas and Doofenshmirtz...why not? As I've indicated above, Phineas and Candace need not have had the same father at all, so in that context it would not be too absurd for Heinz to have fathered Phineas but not Candace. From my point of view, Phineas and Heinz bear closer resemblances to each other than Candace does to Heinz, so I personally disagree with the 'divorce and rebound loop' that some of you mentioned up top.
- Linda and Candace, Heinz and Phineas - The children's love of music can be attributed expressly to Linda, as evidenced by her 'Lindana' persona. However, only Phineas shows any inclination to design and engineering, which in my opinion strengthens the link between Heinz and Phineas, and weakens the one between the bad doctor and Candace.
- "And I never saw her again." - May not be strictly true; one-night stands may occur entirely without the participants ever finding out who their partner was, particularly when they are inebriated. Heinz has already been proven to drink in "Crack That Whip" (really, the man has eyebags; you can't expect me to believe his 'headache' was from staying up late!) and Lindana being a popstar...in the eighties...yeah, a one-night stand is pretty likely. Also, the 80's range from 1980-1989, so it is just as plausible for Lindana to have made it big near the 1990 mark, thus aligning Vanessa, Candace and Phineas' birthdays in logical order.
Speaking of Vanessa:
- Half-brother to Phineas - She was old enough to remember her father working on his Inators (I forget the episode), so that puts her about 5 to 6 years old at the time. My theory on this is that Heinz may have still been with Charlene at this point, and the divorce occurred not long after. Could she have found out about his extremely brief affair? She certainly seems oblivious to his works of evil, so she couldn't have divorced him for that.
- On the resemblance between Candace and Vanessa, I think this is purely the artist's doing - even Stacy has the same basic design, so this is a bit of a stretch, IMHO. For the record, I support Phineas-Heinz due to the characters' qualities, and not only because of their physical appearance.
Well, all this is off the top of my head and purely my personal thoughts on this topic. I don't have much to say about Ferb, though, as you may have noticed. Being British and all, we don't exactly see that many characters with whom we can link the Fletchers. Then again, who knows? Maybe Disney will finally lift the curtain on the past? Well, one can always hope. AgentC 20:14, 13 March 2011 (UTC)188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
Dr. Doofenshmirtz can't be Phineas and Candace's father. The evidence is in What Do It Do?. He went on a blind date with Linda and it did not go well. At the end, e says he never saw her again. As for Ferb's mom, I think she is dead/divorced. PFMuffinStrike455 Talk 00:11, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no way that Mom and Doof had a child. In "What Do It Do?" we see pre-Lindana Linda and Doof on a date. The date does not go well and he "never saw her again."
I agree this is Phineas and Ferb not Young and the Restless, though it is likely that Ferb's real mother is the doofensmirtz evil inc. building. - Akarisoma
Their hair is alike, but What Do It Do?shows that Linda dumped Dr D when he made the screen explode. That renders it completly impossible —Unsigned message added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 19:39, 10 December 2010
I watched an episode the other day where doofenshmirtz told Perry about a date he went on when he was younger and it was with Linda, he said at the end that he never saw Linda again but that she did become a pop star. User:Tillieheart 17:38, December 15, 2010
Maybe Doofenshmirtz donated sperm to a sperm bank around when Lindana was a popstar and he went to her concert with a backstage pass to try and see her again and say sorry about the bad date and then he and Lindana drank a little and ended up in bed but she got a hangover and forgot the night before. At the exact same time Charlene took Doofenshmirtz sperm from the sperm bank. Doofenshmirtz then married Charlene then found out Vanessa was his biological daugter. Then years later Linda wants to have another baby and goes to the sperm bank and some of Doofinshmirtz sperm is left and since she probably forgot about Dooenshmirtz Doofinshmirtz she took it and made phineas. Then Linda married Lawrence. Case-Closed. Sincerely ThatsaNick
I dont think he would be there dad because he said that they had one date and it did not end well. but yes I am curious about there history :D Team Doofenshmirtz 22:40, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Wait, wait, wait! Doof can't possibly be Candace and Phineas's dad, because their one date was in the 80s! Candace is 16 at most, and Phineas is under 16! This is what I think happened. Linda met a man named Harold Flynn in the late 90s and they got married. They had Candace in 1996, and Linda became pregnant with Phineas 5 years later (making Phineas 11). Harold died at war (as he was in the army) a month before Phineas was born, and 5 years after that, she met Lauwrance Fletcher and her son Ferb. Lauwrance and Linda got married, and their family hasn't changed since. You happy now?220.127.116.11 03:46, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Both Candace and Doofenshmirtz are lactose-intolerant. I think that may be hereditary, but I'm not certain.
- Candace has shown a knack for rapidly arranging cans, much like Doof's talent for cup-stacking.
- It's possible Linda had an affair with Roger Doofenshmirtz before he became mayor and while she was still performing as Lindana. Sort of a Marilyn Monroe-Jack Kennedy thing. He's definitely more charming than his brother, and it would give Heinz another--and quite valid--reason to hate Roger, if he didn't know he dated his ex behind his back.
I am, what I is. -Ron Stoppable 08:49, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
Well, to suggest the Candace and Phineas having the doofenshmirtz DNA it doesn't necesarily mean that Heinz is their father. What if maybe, just maybe, after dating Heinz, Linda went out with Roger for quite a while, long enough to have had with him two children. Maybe the physical traits that Candace, Phineas and Heinz Share is because Heinz is their uncle. Maybe Linda and Roger dated for a long time and maybe even lived togheter but they never got married, otherwise Candace and Phineas would have his last name. Then again, what if Linda DIDN'T want them to have that last name so she wouldn't have to face Heinz some day with kids that had his last name EVEN if they weren't his. Maybe the kids have the Flynn last name to keep the father a secret to the world, maybe because Roger is a workaholic that didn't spend time with his family... Maybe Linda got tired of being left out by Roger and left him, then goes to the love handle concert, etc etc and the rest is history... PS: I think Ferb's mom is still out there somewhere, maybe she'll visit at some point, you gotta remember that the show is basically "re-creating" their summer so it's only one summer that has passed, we haven't seen fall, winter (except the episode where phineas helps santa) or spring with them. 18.104.22.168 02:54, October 9, 2010 (UTC)GiulyBecks10422.214.171.124 02:54, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Yes but remember Roger actually talked face to face with Candace when she was mayor for a day. ThatsaNIck
I think that this is the most acceptable theory so far. I have always notived the similarity between Heinz and Phineas, and also the fact that they are both very good at inventing things, so I thought from the beginning that he was Phineas's father. Anyway, the episode "What do it do?" negates this, and so it is very likely that his father is actually Roger: this would also explain the reason why Phineas behaves in a much fairer way than Heinz, resembling much more Roger. ThePhilosopher
- Not Surprisingly, I have considered that thought, but Monogram reminds me more of Buford, so I've decided that internal to my mind Monogram is either the Father or Grandfather of BufordDooby Dooby Doo-Bob 18:15, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
What about Monty? For this to be possible, either Francis had a wife who had Monty, divorced, met Linda for enough time so she could have Candace and Phineas (Monty would have remembered them though, he'd be 5 our older), and divorced again. The only way around that is Linda had Monty, but he still would remember Candace and Phineas. Candace would also remember him. Monty's 18, Candace is 15, Phineas is 10. So Francis can't be their dad. September, 2012
I personally have a theory in mind for a future fan fiction that would explain how Francis could at least be Candace's biological father, even though no one--Not Candace, Linda, or Francis-- knows the "truth". Wiiguy1606 (talk) 02:11, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
Like I hypothesized weeks ago, the true father of Phineas and Candace is the arch nemesis of good ol' Dr. D. Yes Perry The Platypus. As for Ferb, I don't know maybe he was born in a lab, I mean he is the descendant of a Mad Scientists lacky. In all seriousness do you realize that if a member of the Doofenshmirtz clan was the patriarch of Phineas and Candace how creepy that would make Ferb's crush on Vanessa, Ferb would have a crush on his Step-Brother's half sister. Dooby Dooby Doo-Bob 03:45, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I seconded his opinion, though I would like to add a bit, or maybe a lot? Perry was a talented scientist and musician just like Phineas, except that he's more... obsessed. His obsessiveness, especially towards his job led to Perry and Linda's break up. Having a brilliant idea to improve the O.W.C.A. where he works in, he created a machine which made him turn into a platypus... egg. He pretty much forgot his memory when he's still human, but... well, you know what reincarnations of other people are like. Kuzlalala 09:05, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree with this! Perry can't be Phineas' father! Phineas is human and Perry is a platypus. Besides Perry would need a wife to give birth to Phineas! And the creators confrimed that they don't want Perry to have a girlfriend. Besides Phineas first met Perry in a pet store. Travisplatypus 23:15, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Um... Perry is supposed to be a former-human a.k.a. he used to be a human. And Phineas first met Perry in a pet store as a platypus, not a human. Phineas might have met Perry when Perry's a human, but Phineas will most likely have no memories of him because he would be a baby that time. Kuzlalala 07:28, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
I disagree completely. Just because he has human like abilities doesn't mean anything. His human like abilities were made to add to his character and even create jokes.23:43, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't believe that Perry the Platypus is Phineas and Candace's biological father just because he has human like abilities. Read my blog post regarding that. Kuzlalala 07:28, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
Rumored to be Linda's First Husband
Like what the episode background information said: "Some time in the 1990's, Linda Flynn is seen with a guy, rumored to be her first husband." Does anyone believe that the man could be at least Candace's biological father? I don't believe it, but how about the other people out there? Kuzlalala 06:05, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, I know it might be fun to create scenarios but these are just crazy. I highly doubt Disney would ever let ANY of their characters get pregnant whithout being married. And Ferb has a crush on Vanessa. If she is Phineas and Candice's half sister that is just wrong and gross. Disney would never do ANYTHING like that. And in one episode they talk about Doof going out on a date with Linda and at the end of his back story he said "And I never saw her again". So that kills the theory of him being Phineas's father.
Here's what I like to think, just for fun:
Sometime after Lindana fizzled out, Linda met a guy she wanted to settle down with, one who is nameless to us, and a little later Candace was born, with Phineas following five-ish years later. Then, maybe 2-3 years after Phineas was born, their dad left the picture somehow. I think for him not to be mentioned in the show at all, this had to have been an absolute separation, so he probably either died or divorced Linda and severed all ties with her and the kids for whatever reason. Then Linda became a little depressed and kind of floated around, taking good care of Candace and Phineas but definitely not as happy as she used to be. How exactly she got to the Love Handel concert where she met Lawrence I'm not sure, possibly she saw an ad and was inspired to get happy again or... something. Not too concerned about it, I am after all just putting this scenario together for fun.
Now, a couple years before Phineas was born (I like to think that Ferb has a couple years on Phin), over in London Lawrence was a hard partyer, a little old for it but he didn't care, still living with the parents, all that jazz. Now he meets this chick, they dated for like a month or something and got hitched on a whim (think one of those random Vegas type weddings... if they have stuff like that in London, idk), the chick got preggo, stuck around just long enough for Ferb to be born then ran off and dumped the kid on Lawrence and his parents. I make it a crazy free-wheeling girl because I like to think that she dyed her hair green so obsessively that the dye seeped into her DNA or something, thus giving Ferb green hair. :D So anyway, Lawrence was in a bit of a daze. He wasn't really bothered about the girl, since he didn't much want to be married to her anyway, but having this little baby here that he was responsible for raising made him grow up pretty much instantly. So he got cleaned up, and not only started actually saving the money he got from the lame little job he had, but picked up a second job so that he could get his own place with his son, who was in the care of Lawrence's parents when he was at work (but of course, Lawrence spent all the time he could with Ferb when off work). After 5-6 years of this, putting Lawrence and Ferb in a modest apartment where they weren't fithy rich but still well-off enough for Lawrence to have been able to drop one of the jobs so as to be home with Ferb more, Lawrence's parents suggested he take some time off for a few days, showing him an ad for a Love Handel concert way over in western USA. He agreed, went over, met Linda, BAM love at first sight, and he went back to London to tell Ferb and his parents that he was taking Ferb with him to live in the USA with this wonderful girl and her kids. This is where I have an adorable picture in my head of Ferb in the back seat of his dad's car on their way from the airport to where Linda & co. live, looking out the window at everything and holding his little UK flag in his lap. :3
So this would put the kids' ages at the time they all became a family at Phineas being 3-4, Ferb being 5-6, and Candace being 8-9. In my imagination of course. :P
And uh, that's my take on things... not as brief as I had planned to tell it but hey, it was fun. :D Gmoallebnihp 19:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
I think what happened was, Linda married a guy who died when Phineas was little and Lawrence married a girl who died when Ferb was little. I want to get into more detail about my version but it doesn't make a lot of sense. But if you wanna hear it please let me know. ^_^ NotAGothChick101 02:39, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
Personally, I think the writers included the flashback in "What Do it Do?" just to prove to everyone that Doof is NOT Phineas and Candace's real dad. I think whoever it was is dead. I think it would be intereting, though, if in Across the Second Dimension a conversation sort of went like this:
Phineas: But where's your dad?
Alternate Dimension Phineas: I don't have a dad. He died when I was four months old.
Phineas: Yeah, but then your mom should've gotten married to someone else!
Alternate Dimension Phineas: I have no idea what your talking about.
See, my idea is that in this dimension, Mom and Dad never got maried, so the boys never met each other. - We hope you've enjoyed your audio tour of....FOSSILS!!! Da Da Da!!!! 19:40, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
i think that phineas' dad is just some guy that linda met and split up with by coolpen1
I've heard a theory that Linda(na) and her husband were in one of those celebrity realtionships that never lasts. That's my opinion on the matter. Chortles Master1029 21:29, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
I think it would be better if they show Phineas's real dad and Ferb's real mom without explaining why did they separate from Linda and Lawrence respectively. That way no drama, right? Kuzlalala 10:45, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
i think that Linda had another husband that wasn't Doofensmirtz and he abandoned the family when Candace has five because in the song of ducky momo she sais " when i was small the world was such a strange place" maybe because at that age it's too dificult for a kid to understand that her father isn't going to live with her anymore. at that time is more or less when Linda got pregnant of Phineas because in the video "Little Brothers" Linda came home with Phineas alone and candace is as little as the video "Ducky Momo" so maybe that was what have happened. then she might go to the last concert of "love handle" and met Lawrence (like the episode 25 of the first season says) that had Ferb and for finish got married. ((Unsigned|126.96.36.199|03:01, 2 June 2012}}
I have a plan to make a special blog about the "Ferb's Real Mom and Phineas's Real Dad" theories, including fanfics and fanarts. Just a thought. Kuzlalala 08:27, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
I've made a blog about this theory (particularly Phineas and Candace's father) called "Disappeared Flynn" for all of those theories and fanmedia about the missing father. Hope it kinda helps. Kuzlalala 14:55, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
DOOF + LINDA
okay this is what I think happened.
linda met heinz and they both started dating in highschool/college. then got married. Then they got divorced because maybe she got tired of him trying to take over the tri-state area. About a few years later heinz married charlene and she had vanessa; around the same time she had candace. a few years later she met lawrence and then had phineas, right after the time ferb was born.Usababe :D (talk) 17:24, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
As for Ferb's mother, my theory is, like in most Disney movies, she's dead, and one of the reasons Lawrence remarried was so Ferb could have a mother's care. (Why is it with Disney and killing off the main characters' moms?)--Ubiwerks365 23:15, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
I always think that Ferb's mother is an alien (probably disguising as a French citizen), whose purpose in giving birth to Ferb is to bring peace between her planet and Earth. Kuzlalala 03:44, July 4, 2011
i think furbs mum is some English woman who split up with his dad and moved away
this seems the most logical explanation :)
I think Ferb's mom is a nice English Lady who was verry sick and didn't want to but had to to keep Ferb safe sent Ferb with Florence Fletcher to America to get a new family.and Eventailly she died so no one told Phineas or Ferb.It's sad but Probaly true! :(
I think Ferb's mom is a woman named Eliza Darlington, a rich English woman who had once been married to Lauwrance, but decided to devorce him after Ferb was born. Ferb and Lauwrance stayed in England for 6 years, then moved to America, where Lauwrance married Linda, and Phineas and Ferb met.188.8.131.52 03:51, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
It's a TV show and doesn't always have to have all the answers. All you guys are doing is sharing your opinoin on what you think it is. According to the TV show, everything is as it should be. So in the end, you're making your own stuff on what you want to know. You're being creative. Instead of being creative on Wiki, write to the creators so they might make an eposide showing Ferb's mom and Phineas's dad so go on. Don't be a/fraid of being turned do. The creators are probably not going to make it but it's worth a try. The father of Phineas has to be with the last name Flynn. If not, it couldn't be true or their heritage had to be Hispanic. —Unsigned message added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 13:14, 13 August 2010
- There's one of the creators who's a member of this wiki, so he would see this forum. And his last name wouldn't be Flynn because Linda's parents' last names are "Flynn" also. Kuzlalala 22:57, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I also don't think that Disney would ever create a plot based on the "truth" of the Flynn children's parents, relationships etc. Given the direction most of these theories are going that would most likely involve awkward out-of-wedlock births and sensitive emotional elements that would be inappropriate for what is technically a kid's show. Personally I think that even to investigate this in any episode would kill the "feel" of the show, and would have to represent a dramatic change in the plot of a show which usually carries over multiple plot devices from other episodes. This is the kind of story that might be seen in more of a soap opera style program, but certainly not in P and F, although it would be interesting to know the truth. -- Respectfully submitted by NinjaBean57 June 25, 2011.
 The series' main characters live in a blended family, a premise the creators considered underused in children's programming and which reflected Marsh's own upbringing. Marsh considers explaining the family background "not important to the kids' lives. Animal Crossing Leader 23:39, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- But then a lot of fans are curious, right? Kuzlalala 02:26, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Personally I think that a Doofenshmirtz may not be their father because cartoon designers tend to draw some of their characters alike but, not on purpose.220.127.116.11 23:05, October 9, 2011 (UTC)Phineas and Ferd Watcher
I think that disney shouldn't waste Phineas and Ferbs last episode on their mother and father. There are more important questions to ask that will also make a boom. Such as:
Isabella and Phineas dating.
Ferb and Vanessa dating.
Candace succeding in busting Phineas and Ferb.
Summer vacation ending.
Baljeet being cool.
Ferb being chatty.
Perry retiring and/or they find out his secret identity.
Doofenshmirts finally succeds in taking over the tri-state area (not necassarily with one of his evil "inators").
Doofenshmirts marrying (not necassarily to Charlene).
Now that i think of it, I think it may be possible that doof had fathered Phineas, but i'm not convinced with candace. Don't get me wrong, phineas and doof look alike majorily as in:
same shaped head/ body structure
get it? but i was thinking of something like this:
Doof dates linda/ breaks up
Doof meets charlene and gets married
Doof farhers vanessa
Doof calls linda/ starts dating her again
Linda dates/ breaks up with doof
Linda meets mr. flynn and gets married
Linda has Candace
Linda starts dating doof again
They break up
18.104.22.168 02:38, January 22, 2012 (UTC)Madison
Not to throw water on the fire, but the creators specifically stated in the Times Talk of July 9, 2011 that Doofenshmirtz is not Phineas' father. Dan even joked that they made "What Do It Do?" to fuel the fire of people who think that Linda and Doof had a one-night stand. Crazymusicalgenius96 17:09, February 26, 2012 (UTC)Crazymusicalgenius96
was eny one else thought of the show when Doof goes out with Linda
I believe that doof and Linda never had children together. I don't believe that the blood father of Candice and phineas died. their real father and Linda must have broke up shortly after phineas was born. then Linda met ferb's biological father Lawrence then married.Lawrence must have been in relationship with ferb' s blood mother before their relationship went wrong. I mean seriously why think that ferb's real mom and phineas' s real dad dies if in fact they could still be living?just think how sad would that be.
Two new theories of Phineas and Candace's father:
English: Theory 1: Linda married Roger Doofenshmirtz. Candace was born. A year later, Linda and Roger divorced. Four years later he again became a couple. Phineas was born. Two years later, Linda and Roger are separated a second time. Linda, meets Lawrence, and marries him.
This could explain why Candace and Phineas, do not remember his biological father. Candace met with Roger several times, and the only way to remember it'snot his father, is this theory that I have described. Excuse me if that English is notquite correct. English: Theory 2: Linda was married to someone who does not know. Candace was born. Five years later, Phineas was born. A year later, the father of Phineas and Candace dies. Nine years later, Linda, meets Lawrence, and marries him.
This could explain why Candace and Phineas, do not remember his biological father. Candace, does not remember her biological father, that was about 6 years old when he passed away. Phineas, can not remember, as a baby when this eventhappened. Sorry if that English is not quite correct.22.214.171.124 16:50, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
Francis Flynn is Phineas and Candace's father. He died in a car crash. But thats just a idea.
ESPAÑOL: TEORÍA 1:
Linda se casó con Roger Doofenshmirtz. Candace nació. Un año más tarde, Linda y Roger se divorciaron. Cuatro años más tarde volvió a ser una pareja. Phineas nació. Dos años más tarde, Linda y Roger se separó por segunda vez. Linda, se reúne Lawrence, y se casa con él.
ESPAÑOL: TEORÍA 2:
Linda se casó con alguien que no conocemos. Nació Candace. Cinco años más tarde, nació Phineas. Un año más tarde, el padre de Phineas y Candace muere. Nueve años más tarde, Linda, conoce a Lawrence, y se casa con el.
Esto podría explicar por que Candace y Phineas, no recuerdan a su padre biológico. Candace, no recuerda a su padre biologico, por que tenía alrededor de 6 años cuando el falleció. Phineas, tampoco puede recordarlo, ya que era bebé cuando sucedió este suceso. --126.96.36.199 16:57, April 4, 2012 (UTC)--188.8.131.52 16:57, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
I think that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is not Phineas Flynn's former father. In the movie, Phineas had met Doofenshmirtz for the first time.
AlexaMartina ---- Sorry for posting here but is so important.I read all your comments and you are very creative and you could be writers =)
The truth is : They are step brothers (Phineas and Ferb) cause they are from other families.I found an article with the creators:Read this:
JEFF “SWAMPY” MARSH: Ferb is named after a good friend of ours who is a set builder and owns more tools than anyone we know. And his wife is on our staff as one of our artists. Because of his name we would put the character’s name in a lot of the shows we used to write together. And we just thought it was a funny name. So when we decided to make the show we decided that. And then we’d named characters after family members and stuff. Isabella is named after my daughter. The character Django was named by Swampy’s son. Linda Flynn Fletcher is named after my sister Linda. And she has a sister named Tiana we’ve seen in one episode. Aunt Tiana who is named after my other sister. They’re actually drawn to look just like her. That’s a little bizarre. Candace has a friend named Jenny.
So that is is.They are friends or relatives of them.Not because these secrets like doof had a fair with Linda or something.They made Linda and Tiana - sys cause they are relatives in real world.But Ferb is not relative with phineas so they are step bro's
If is not clear read this : http://animationreporter.com/interview-with-the-creators-of-phineas-and-ferb-2/ —Unsigned message added by AlexaMartina (talk • contribs) 11:57, 9 September 2013