"Hi, Phineas. Whatcha doin'?"
"Calm down, girls. Have you forgotten who we are? We're Fireside Girls Troop 46321 and we never give up!"
"Oh, you're just too stressed. You should take a moment to relax and enjoy it."
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro is the across-the-street neighbor and good friend of Phineas and Ferb. Isabella has a crush on Phineas; however, she doesn't tell him. She's the leader of Fireside Girls Troop 46231, and often volunteers to help in Big Ideas, usually with her troop being involved.
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro was born to a Jewish-Mexican mother Vivian Garcia-Shapiro and an unnamed father. At some point in her life, (possibly when she was younger) as she is seen going to their backyard as a child in Act Your Age,) she met and became friends with two boys her age who lived across the street from her, Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher. The friendship with Phineas eventually developed into a crush.
Though it is unknown when, Isabella joined the Lil' Sparks and later the Fireside Girls where she worked her way up to becoming a Troop leader.
Isabella lives in Danville on Maple Drive with her mother in the house across the street from the Flynn-Fletcher house. She frequently participates in Phineas and Ferb's projects, usually assisting in spreading the word, construction, and maintaining order.
When on duty, Isabella works diligently upholding her position in the Fireside Girls and earning accomplishment patches. She is currently the troop leader of Fireside Girls Troop 46231. The troop members are Gretchen, Milly, Ginger, Katie, Holly, and Adyson, with which she is considered not only a leader, but a great friend.
By the time Isabella got to high school, she had given up on Phineas noticing her romantically and became a less regular visitor to his backyard. She became a very busy teen with various extracurricular activities at the school, and she's working part-time at her mother's restaurant, Nosh Olé Mexican-Jewish Café.
After high school, she was accepted into Tri-State State College and planned to start attending two weeks early for her multiple extracurriculars. Before leaving Danville behind, Isabella returned to Maple Drive to say good-bye to her old crush (whom she was clearly still very interested in), when he revealed that during high school, he fell for her, but, much like she was, he was too afraid to admit his feelings. After learning she intends to attend Tri-State State, a school he was also considering heavily, he decided that he would go there once the term began two weeks later. She agreed, and they began dating. ("Act Your Age")
Isabella is cheerful, fearless, quick-thinking, sweet, optimistic, and easy to get along with. She is always eager to help with Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas. When she participates with Phineas and Ferb in their endeavors, it's either for the fun of it, accomplishment patches, or a way to simply be with Phineas.
Isabella is sympathetic and aids people who are in need of help. This has been demonstrated when she showed concern for Candace, who was too nervous to call Jeremy and ask him out ("Out to Launch"), when she snapped Phineas and Ferb out of their hypnotic dullness ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted"), and when she stopped telling Phineas her feelings about him to help Ms. Feyersied (Night of the Living Pharmacists).
Being a Fireside Girls Troop Leader, Isabella is a very capable leader. She is level-headed and responsible in the face of emergencies and dislikes being told what to do by anyone, with the exception of Phineas.
As nice as Isabella would seem, she can get angry. One way her temper has been flared is when someone else uses her catchphrase; in such a scenario, she expresses annoyance and often confronts the violator physically. However, she is fine whenever Phineas uses it.
Another is when she isn't a subject of attention. Isabella enjoys attention, she openly displays discontent when she feels she isn't receiving enough of it. She has shown this when Phineas expressed seeing Meap as cute but not her ("The Chronicles of Meap"), and when her Li'l Sparks men-tee, Melissa, showed Candace more attention and admiration than she did with her. ("We Call it Maze")
Isabella has long straight black hair with thin blue highlights, curtain-like bangs and a round bottom, an oval shaped head with a flat top, and navy blue eyes.
As a infant, she wore a pink t-shirt. Her hair was tied up in a high pointed ponytail with a pink bow and she wore a white diaper.
As a child, she wore a white T-shirt, a long pleated pink skirt, white medium-length socks, and purple shoes with white laces. She wore her hair up in two pigtails held with purple bows.
As an older child, she wore a similar white T-shirt underneath a pink dress with a purple chest pocket, white medium-length socks, and purple flats with white laces. She had her hair in two low pigtails held with purple bows.
Currently, she wears a white T-shirt underneath a pink jumper pleated-hem dress with a purple belt around it, medium-length white socks, and pink shoes with white laces. She wears a pink bow on her head. The bow is thought to be her trademark, and she has only been seen without it on a few occasions, but not without it on her head.
Her Fireside Girls uniform is the same format as her normal clothing, with the exception that her jumper dress is half orange and half brown with a red belt around it. She wears an orange beret with a red bow in the front. Underneath is a red bow. She wears a light yellow accomplishment sash with three shaped patches consisting of a teal diamond, a teal oval, and a brown triangle from top to bottom respectively. Her shoes are red with yellow laces.
For swimming, she wears a purple one-piece swimsuit and a purple bow.
For winter, she switches to a more mulberry colored jumper dress with a dark purple belt around, a white turtleneck sweater underneath, dark purple leggings with light pink stripes, and light purple fur boots. She wears different winter outfits when outside, but her most seen one is a purple hat with a pink bow, a purple coat, a light purple scarf (loose wrap), light purple mittens, and white boots with pale pink laces while outside in the snow. Her inside winter outfit is the same as her summer outfit, but with purple pants ("Happy New Year!"). Her pajamas are light purple with darker purple stripes, and she wears a purple bow.
As a teenager, she wore a sleeveless pink jumper dress with a purple belt around it, white knee-high socks, and purple sneakers with white laces. She had her hair down in a curly ponytail held with a purple hair tie with a bow on it on top and a purple hair tie on the bottom.
As a young adult, she wears her hair in a low ponytail held with a light purple bow. She wears a pink 3/4 length sleeve shirt with a purple belt around it with a white circle in the middle, white pants, and pink sneakers with white laces.
When she was at work at her mom's restaurant, she wore a a light green dress with an oxeye daisy on the chest with two dark green leaves on both sides, a blue belt around it, and shoes. She wore her hair in the same hairstyle when she was a young adult, but with a light blue bow.
When she was sick with salmonella, her hair was messed and she was barefoot. She wore pajamas composed of pink trousers and a light violet t-shirt.
As an adult, she has her hair down in a side ponytail held with a light purple bow. She wears a white tank top, light purple jeans with a purple belt around it, and white sneakers with pink laces.
- Troop Leader Patch (This patch is a miniature version of the Fireside Girls emblem. Only worn by past and present leaders)
- Aquatic Safety Patch ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
- Sewing Patch ("Run Away Runway")
- Milking Patch ("The Magnificent Few")
- Tonsillectomy Patch ("I Scream, You Scream")
- Tent Pitching Patch, Marshmallow Patch ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!")
- Aeronautic Patch ("De Plane! De Plane!")
- Broadcasting Patch ("Let's Take a Quiz")
- Shrimp Net Repair Patch ("That Sinking Feeling")
- Sap Collecting Patch, I Just Saw A Cute Boy Patch, Help thy Neighbor Patch (52 as of "Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Expert Makeover Patch ("Cheer Up Candace")
- Santa's Helper Patch ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
- Mountain Moving Patch ("Phineas and Ferb-Busters!")
- Rodeo Clown Patch ("Robot Rodeo")
- Intrepid Reporter Patch ("The Beak")
- High Wire Patch (Twice "We Call it Maze")
- Desert Tracking Patch, Rain-forest/Jungle Navigation Patch, Rock-climbing Patch, Non-power Flight Patch, Swift Water Rescue Patch, Concussion First-aid Patch ("The Great Indoors")
- Whittling Patch ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted")
- Golden Year Assistants Patch ("Lotsa Latkes")
- Flier Delivery Patch (Twice "The Remains of the Platypus")
- Medieval Siege Engine Patch, Conflict Resolution Patch ("The Doonkelberry Imperative")
- Unearthing Ancient Container Patch ("Meapless in Seattle")
- Magic Patch ("Doofapus")
- Eating A Grub Patch ("Where's Perry? (Part Two)")
- Bee Keeping Patch, Appliance Repair Patch ("Bee Story")
- Overcoming Claustrophobia Patch ("Knot My Problem")
- Power Hitter Patch ("Return Policy")
- Knot Untying Patch ("The Klimpaloon Ultimatum")
- Intergalactic Planetary Racing Patch ("The Inator Method")
Skills and Abilities
Isabella has displayed numerous skills and abilities. She appears to be very physically capable, being a fast runner ("Candace Loses Her Head", "Journey to the Center of Candace"), and also remarkably strong, having been able to hurt Buford by elbowing him and crushing a pencil. ("Out of Toon", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
Isabella has demonstrated exceptional musical ability. She's an excellent singer ("S'Winter", "The Magnificent Few", "The Ballad of Badbeard", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Wizard of Odd", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", etc.) and can play various musical instruments including:
- The tambourine ("The Fast and the Phineas," "Don't Even Blink", etc.)
- The trumpet ("Don't Even Blink")
- The bass guitar and key-tar ("Tip of the Day", "Gaming the System," "Oh, There You Are, Perry", etc.).
- The saxophone ("Take Two with Phineas and Ferb: Cedric the Entertainer")
- The violin ("Out to Launch", A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
Though admitting to being too young to legally drive, Isabella possesses remarkable knowledge over the anatomies of automobiles ("The Fast and the Phineas") and is capable of flying small jet aircraft, such as a fighter jet ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!").
She can also assume the role of a business agent, and does the job exceptionally well. ("Lights, Candace, Action!")
Isabella has shown that she is very clear headed during emergencies. She demonstrated this when she saved Phineas from a perilous fall ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!") and when she defeated a giant video game Buford with a digital camera. ("Gaming the System")
Isabella has a monopoly of the catchphrase, "Whatcha doin?", and allows no one else besides Phineas to use it. She can sense it when it is being used would be extremely displeased upon knowing anyone else used it. She would often confront that person physically, as she did with Buford. ("Out of Toon", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", "Suddenly Suzy", "Tri-Stone Area")
"Well, that's not the Phineas Flynn I fell in... to this situation with."
- Main article: Isabella and Phineas's relationship
She has romantic daydreams about Phineas and believes she will one day marry him or Ferb, but she never says that to him. However, she feels sad when Phineas can't notice her flirting with him ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Out to Launch", "Comet Kermillian", "Candace's Big Day", etc.). She admitted that the only reason for which she says her trademark catchphrase ("Whatcha doin'?") is to capture Phineas's attention and love ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"). During one of Phineas' birthdays, she used the fact that she was editing videos of Phineas for the video presentation to trim the videos down to just one word and form a sentence that relates to her having a crush on Phineas. An example of this would be: "We'll - be - together - forever, - Isabella." ("Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!")
One example of this is when Isabella and Phineas were alone in Paris looking for airplane parts, and Isabella was trying to be romantic with him, but Phineas seemed utterly oblivious to her. Then when the boat crash landed on the deserted island and Phineas was trying to find something to fix the boat, Isabella began to cry because Phineas didn't notice her and she would've given anything for Phineas to sit down next to her and enjoy the sunset. Then Phineas ran up next to her, having a small mental breakdown, desperately thinking of an idea to get off of the island. Figuring that none of the ideas would work, he gave up hope entirely and sat down with Isabella to enjoy the sunset with her. Seeing how broken Phineas was, Isabella realized that this wasn't the amazing, confident kid she had "fallen in this situation" with, so she gave him a talk, almost admitting her love for him in the process, but she quickly caught herself and said something else. She then mentioned Ferb's map and Phineas thanked her for the inspiration with a hug, leaving her in a trance. Later when they make it back to Danville, Isabella hugs Phineas for regaining his confidence to achieve his goal. Less than 30 seconds later, they sing a duet in which Phineas holds Isabella's hands several times and also showing signs that he has feelings for her as more than just a friend ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!").
When Phineas constructs a device to find cute things to search for Meap, he says he took Isabella's into account and adjusted the settings accordingly ("The Chronicles of Meap"). When he puts the settings back to normal, the device overloads from an excessively cute signal.She uses her position as Fireside Girls troop leader to stay near him and participate in his Big Ideas, under the guise of earning the "Help Thy Neighbor" patch (which she has earned at least 52 times). It is unsure whether Phineas has the same feelings towards Isabella, but mostly he seems oblivious (it's later revealed in season 4 that Phineas started crushing on Isabella in high school.) Phineas feels bad about ditching her, and also says that he cannot tell her he is The Beak because she is "close to him" ("The Beak"). Phineas is sometimes worried about Isabella getting hurt ("Gaming the System", "The Beak" , "Der Kinderlumper") Also, when Isabella tells Phineas he is brave, he replies with, "You were too!" She learns that she will be aunt to Candace's children. Although whether she married Phineas or Ferb was unknown, it will most likely to be Phineas, since he is now being shown returning Isabella's feelings. She sometimes disguises her affection for him (but very rarely) like hugging him in a crowd when everyone is hugging Perry, ("Oh, There You Are, Perry").
When Isabella and several others were lined up to have their memories of witnessing Perry as a secret agent erased, she kissed Phineas less than a second before the Amnesia-Inator was to be activated. Right afterwards, Phineas objected to having their memories erased only to be ignored ("Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension").
Eventually when they are in high school, Phineas finally comes to realize and reciprocate her feelings and by the time they get to college, they begin dating. ("Act Your Age")Candace, she has outright stated that Ferb is Phineas' stepbrother ("Rollercoaster"). Unlike her time with Phineas, Isabella shows no romantic interest in Ferb although she does like him. However, after time-traveling to the future, she learned that she might marry either Phineas or Ferb ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo"). Upon this discovery, Ferb turned around and winked at Isabella, who was stunned at the possibility that she may marry someone else other than Phineas. This may indicate that Ferb may harbor a bit of affection for Isabella, or that Ferb just fancies himself a ladies' man ("Thaddeus and Thor"). It is also possible he was simply teasing her. Ferb is slightly irritated and gets mad when Phineas gets all of Isabella's and everyone else's attention and praise for being a superhero ("The Beak"), but it can be just the thought of him being the one who controls the lower half and saves Danville from the falling sign, but Phineas gets all the attention. When they were stranded on the uncharted island, Ferb listened while Isabella talked about Phineas not noticing her and offered her a handkerchief when she started crying. He knows about Isabella's crush on Phineas and he also walked away when Phineas came to leave them alone. He may might not have any affection to Isabella however he knows he might get married with her. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "The Doof Side of the Moon"). It is most likely that he does not have affection for Isabella since he has more affection for Vanessa Doofenshmirtz ("I Scream, You Scream"). Ferb has also demonstrated awareness of Isabella's affection for Phineas; after Ferb helped Phineas throw a party for Isabella, when Phineas offered her ice cream with Ferb, he left to have Phineas and Isabella have some alone time together. Isabella was pleased and both bumped fists. ("Happy Birthday, Isabella") It is very plausible that Ferb did this because he knows that either he or Phineas will marry Isabella and he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her. In 'Operation Crumb Cake", When Isabella writes a letter for Phineas confessing her affection for him, Phineas remains oblivious to what was in the letter as the wind carries it away before he got the chance to read it. In the letter, she nicknames Phineas 'her little Crumb Cake', in order to express what she feels for him. After the letter flies away, Isabella states "Well, I guess we'll never know what's in the letter!" And Ferb responds, "No, I guess not. Oh, and neither will your liitle Crumb Cake.".
- Main article: Baljeet and Isabella's relationship
Isabella is friends with Baljeet. They hang out on occasion, usually when they are brought together by Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas. She won a bet against him on who would win the fight between Buford and the squid ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"). Though when trying to find the purpose of a machine Baljeet did jump at the chance to have a romantic dinner with Isabella, even a staged one. Isabella told him he ran to the table "...like a crazed bull" ("What Do It Do?"). This is also hinted when Baljeet asked Isabella if he made a good Phineas, she responds with "No, no you weren't" ("Not Phineas and Ferb"). When Phineas and Ferb built a Super Computer, Isabella is seen thinking about Phineas on the super computer. This makes Baljeet mad, showing he may have a crush on her ("Ask a Foolish Question"). While attempting to climb Danville Mountain, Isabella shows significant enthusiasm for Baljeet's eagerness to perform the task without the help of any Flynn-Fletchers' inventions, which stands in contrast to the attitude of Ferb and, especially, Phineas ("Bully Bromance Breakup").
- Main article: Buford and Isabella's relationship
When they play sports or games, Buford usually mocks her for being a girl, and therefore less of a competitor in his eyes. Isabella takes this very seriously and refuses to let Buford beat her ("Got Game?", "Brain Drain"). When she saw Buford crying about his lost goldfish, she expressed concern and worry about him ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"). She also stood up to the video-game boss (designed in Buford's image), and defeated him after he threatened Phineas ("Gaming the System"), though technically this was not the real Buford. When Buford became hypnotized by Phineas and Ferb's boringness, Isabella quickly revived him by a quick slap in the face ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted").
- Main article: Candace and Isabella's relationship
Isabella and Candace are good friends. They both know about each others' respective crushes and share advice and experience ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "Out to Launch", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", "Phineas and Ferb-Busters!", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!").
As the troop's leader the Fireside Girls always follow Isabella's orders, always ready and willing to do whatever it takes to help their leader in helping Phineas and Ferb, even risking themselves to do it. Although the girls are loyal to Isabella, and have earned many a badge in helping the boys, they have voiced that they've collected more than fifty of the 'Help Thy Neighbor' patch because of it. They're also aware of Isabella's crush on Phineas and her desire to marry him, and they jokingly tease her for it ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap"). Even so, they remain friends with the boys and squealed with delight when Phineas invited Isabella on a romantic cruise ("That Sinking Feeling").
|The image gallery for Isabella Garcia-Shapiro may be viewed here.|
- There is currently plenty of evidence that Isabella is at least part Jewish. Her last name is Shapiro, traditionally a Jewish name. As seen in "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", and "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!", she has a mirror in her room that has a Star of David frame; this is a common symbol for Judaism. Also, Isabella's mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro, went to a Mexican-Jewish Cultural Festival in "Picture This" and often uses Yiddish phrases. Isabella says she celebrates Hanukkah instead of Christmas (though she says she celebrates both holidays in "A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas").
- There is also evidence of her being Mexican. She has two last names (mother's and father's), which is common in all hispanic countries.
- Unlike her mother, she speaks fluent English with a perfect American accent.
- She has a Jewish grandmother named Nana Shapiro. This was revealed in "Lotsa Latkes".
- She has Mexican-Jewish food. ("It's No Picnic")
- Isabella appeared as the good witch during Candace's dream in "Wizard of Odd". In that dream, she wore a pink dress with a pink tiara, white ballet slippers and a magic wand. She traveled through a floating eyeball as the good witch and her friends were the patchkins.
- She is named after series creator Dan Povenmire's oldest daughter who loves the show and enjoys that Isabella is named after her.
- Most of time in the end credits from Season 1 and the first half of Season 2, her name is misspelled as "Isabela" with one "l" instead of two.
- She is voiced by Alyson Stoner, who also does the voice of a lesser extent character, Jenny.
- Isabella has the least absences in Phineas and Ferb's friendship group. A total of 37 episodes; she was absent for 11 episodes (and one 2-part episode) in Season 1, 13 episodes (and three 2-part episodes) in Season 2, 7 episodes (and one 2-part episode) in Season 3, and 2 episodes so far in Season 4.
- "Rollercoaster", "Ready for the Bettys", and "Day of the Living Gelatin" show that Isabella has a pool in her backyard.
- Isabella has a chihuahua named Pinky who is revealed to be a secret agent in the O.W.C.A. like Perry as seen in the episodes "Journey to the Center of Candace", "Comet Kermillian," "Interview With a Platypus", "Day of the Living Gelatin", "Hide and Seek", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Where's Pinky?" and the movie Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
- Isabella is a descendant of a girl that looks exactly like her from "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein" who was friends with Dr. Phineastein and Ferbgor.
- Her mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro calls her "Isa" for short in "Hide and Seek". This is a common shortening of her name in many Spanish-speaking countries.
- Her signature look and her Fireside Girl uniform switch on occasion as seen in the episodes "Flop Starz," "The Fast and the Phineas," "Candace Loses Her Head," "The Flying Fishmonger," "At the Car Wash," "Candace's Big Day,", "Robot Rodeo" and "Operation Crumb Cake".
- She is the leader of Fireside Girls Troop 46231. In "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", she mistakenly calls it Troop 46321.
- "Robot Rodeo" reveals that when her hair frizzes when exposed to humidity.
- She seems to have an affinity for horses, especially fantasy colored ones or unicorns as shown in the episodes "The Magnificent Few", "Out of Toon", "Hail Doofania!", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Ain't No Kiddie Ride", and "Imperfect Storm".
- "Jerk De Soleil", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", and "The Beak" shows that she reads the newspaper.
- She has been seen without her bow on a few occasions: as a pirate in "The Ballad of Badbeard", as a "ninja of love" in the performance of You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart in "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", in a horse costume from "Got Game?", serving as a flight attendant in "De Plane! De Plane!", wearing a fedora for the entirety of "The Beak", while wearing rain gear during Phintastic Ferbulous Car Wash in "At the Car Wash", in foreign costume during the song Bouncin' Around the World as well wearing a beret in City of Love in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", playing the Good Witch in "Wizard of Odd", her desert outfit in "The Great Indoors", when she was dressed as a fairy princess for Halloween in "That's the Spirit", etc. Though, she was seen without her bow briefly in scenes from "Gi-Ants" and "Meapless in Seattle", but those were errors.
- In fact, it was only until recently that Isabella was intentionally seen bare-headed: as Pilot Isabella in "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars", she briefly put her goggles off from her head, the episode's stand in for the bow, onto her eyes to prepare to shoot her way out of the Death Star's tractor beam, and as a pre-teen, teenager, and adult in "Act Your Age", to signify her maturing.
- She gets jealous when all credit or attention is taken away from her. Examples of this can be found in "The Chronicles of Meap", "That Sinking Feeling", and "We Call it Maze".
- She seems to have a short temper. An example of this is when she broke her pencil out of anger in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!". For the same reason she broke her pencil, her head seems to completely explode.
- She owns a Mindy doll in "Picture This" and a "Quick E Bake Oven" in "No More Bunny Business".
- She was once a member of the Lil' Sparks and is now mentoring Melissa as revealed in "We Call it Maze".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz comments in "The Chronicles of Meap" Character Commentary that he thinks Isabella is full of herself but cute.
- The Shapiro part of her last name, in Hebrew, is שפירא.
- Isabella is one of the playable characters in the Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension video game.
- "Moon Farm", "Delivery of Destiny", "Sipping with the Enemy", "Thanks But No Thanks" and "Live and Let Drive" are the only five episodes that Isabella doesn't have any speaking or singing lines.
- In some later episodes (such as She's the Mayor), when she says "Whatcha doin'?" her voice becomes high-pitched. However, her original voice is used in some episodes ("Rollercoaster: The Musical!" is one of them to have her original voice).
- Isabella rarely says her catchphrase, "Whatcha doin'" in Season 3.
- Isabella is right-handed as she was writing using her right hand in The Beak and I Was a Middle Aged Robot.
- She is the second kid to kiss someone on screen . The first was Baljeet in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!".
- "The Curse of Candace" reveals she has a Bamboo plant named Bambina.
- For Halloween in "That's the Spirit", Isabella dressed as a fairy princess using a costume she got from Googolplex Mall.
- A future episode, which was mentioned by the creators, will have Isabella ask Candace for relationship advice.
- Her prehistoric ancestor is a cave-girl named Isabelock. Like her, she uses the caveish phrase "Wakka Tukka" as her catchphrase, a stand-in for "Whatcha Doin'". ("Tri-Stone Area")
- Isabella dances around like a prima ballerina when she was jumping on the trampolines. ("Let's Bounce")
- "Bully Bromance Breakup", "Road to Danville", and "Bee Story" are three (and currently the only) episodes that Isabella appears but Candace does not.
- Isabella took down Mitch using only her extreme cuteness. ("Meapless in Seattle")
- Isabella can speak basic French. ("Buford Confidential")
- Isabella can be less than 12 because she said she couldn't wait until junior high. ("Cranius Maximus")
- She can whistle with 2 fingers ("S'Winter", "The Fast and the Phineas)"
- In the songs Gitchee Gitchee Goo and S'Winter, her singing voice is voiced by Laura Dickinson 
- During Season 1 and Season 2, Isabella was slightly taller than Phineas. However, Season 3 onwards, they now both share the same height (like in real life, girls grow earlier).
- Isabella is the last of Phineas and Ferb's friends to have a flashback showing her when she was younger. She was seen as a toddler and preschooler in "Act Your Age".
- She gets afraid if she can't earn a patch. ("Where's Perry?", "Bee Story")
- Isabella's favorite kind of cake is red velvet. ("Happy Birthday, Isabella")
- In most of the first season Isabella's voice is somewhat low, but for the rest of the series her voice is high-pitched. This is compared to Ferb, whose voice started out somewhat high then became deeper.
- Isabella rarely wears her Fireside Girls uniform in Seasons 3 and 4; In Season 3, she only wore it in 5 episodes. In Season 4, she wore it in 3 episodes so far.
- Isabella has her own instrumental theme song that plays whenever she makes her entrance, modeled after the Enchanted song True Love's Kiss.
- Sometimes in series, her ears are seen. ("Got Game?", "That Sinking Feeling", "Robot Rodeo", "The Secret of Success", "My Fair Goalie", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Doof Dynasty", "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon", "Troy Story")
- She appears as a princess. ("Doof Dynasty", "Troy Story")
- In Southeast Asia, an award was named after her for patrol leaders, have the most numbers of badges earned and participation to regional and national activities.
- In the how-to book "Learn to Draw Phineas and Ferb", it is stated that Isabella has no eyebrows and is sensitive about it. However, this is likely just a joke not meant to be taken entirely seriously, simply referring to the fact that she's not normally drawn with eyebrows. She is sometimes seen having eyebrows with certain facial expressions, however, and she is shown having eyebrows in certain scenes in some episodes such as "Canderemy" and "Isabella and the Temple of Sap".
- She can also be seen with eyebrows throughout most of Seasons 3 and 4 onward, in episodes such as "Where's Pinky?" and "Happy Birthday, Isabella". She was also seen with eyebrows the entire time in "Druselsteinoween" and "Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror". Because of these instances, the statement that she does not have eyebrows may not be entirely credible.
- She and Phineas are the only characters who have been seen in more ages than anyone else. She is seen with her current age, a baby, a toddler, a preschooler, a tween, a teen, and an adult ("Agent Doof", "Act Your Age").
- She can freely change between her regular clothes and her fireside girl uniform at will by simply pulling up her belt buckle, as seen in "Night of the Living Pharmacists"; yet that episode was the only time she was shown doing it.
- In the Milo Murphy's Law crossover "The Phineas and Ferb Effect", she had only two lines throughout the whole show, despite being featured in all promotional art and descriptions.
- ♥ - These episodes are Spot the Diff episodes.
Milo Murphy's Law
- ↑ "Act Your Age"
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo
- ↑ User:Topher208/Dan Povenmire Correspondence
- ↑ Talk:Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 User:Ard11230/Swampy Marsh Correspondence#Relations
- ↑ City of Love
- ↑ http://blog.al.com/entertainment-press-register/2008/05/disney_animator_sees_summers_i.html
- ↑ http://www.livestream.com/nytimes/video?clipId=pla_97442b7d-ecaf-49ab-9aa2-0c32e181d6aa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ElsieLaura
- ↑ 2 junior girls scouts receive “Isabella” award
|Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Gretchen | Holly | Katie | Milly | Ginger Hirano | Adyson Sweetwater|
|Candace Flynn | Unnamed blond | Unnamed brunette | Unnamed brown | Brigitte|
|Background and History|
|Founder | Anthem | Accomplishment Patches|
|Phineas and the Ferb-Tones|
|Phineas Flynn (Singer/Guitarist) | Ferb Fletcher (Keyboardist/Drummer)|
|Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Gretchen | Milly | Adyson Sweetwater|
|Gitchee Gitchee Goo|