Jeffrey K. Marsh also known as Jeff "Swampy" Marsh and Swampy (born December 9, 1960) was a director and one of the writers of the Nickelodeon program Rocko's Modern Life. Co-Creator of Phineas and Ferb with Dan Povenmire, he has directed, written, and acted in this hit Disney Channel Original Series. In Phineas and Ferb, he portrays the voice of Major Monogram, the commander of Perry the Platypus.
In 1996, Marsh won an Environmental Media Association (EMA) Award for Children’s Animated Television Program: Rocko's Modern Life, for episode "Zanzibar".
After Phineas and Ferb ended production, Dan and Swampy went on to create Milo Murphy's Law premiering on Disney XD in 2017.
- He plays General Omac in the movie Space Adventure based off the movie series in this show. http://spaceadventure.tk/
- Jeff went to England for two years to work on a TV series with a friend and stayed an additional five years, working on other series.
- During the time in England, friends began calling him "Swampy" and "Boggy", playing off of his last name. He told them that he did not want to be called "Boggy". After his return to the United States, other friends heard of his nickname and also began calling him "Swampy". After a while, Jeff began to like it.
- He is the grandson of world-renown band leader and songwriter Les Brown.
- Currently married; wife of Dutch descent, which explains why the show has so many references to the Netherlands, such as Buford Van Stomm's last name, Florraine from "Imperfect Storm" only speaking Dutch, and Paolo Vanderbeek being part-Dutch.
- In the "Phineas and Ferb" series, his nickname has been used in some episodes. For example, on a truck in "The Magnificent Few", it said Swampy's Farm Fresh Milk. Also, the drummer of Love Händel uses "Swampy" as his stage name (in the same way that Danny is named after Dan Povenmire and Bobbi after Bobby Gaylor).
- He has two children: Django and Jenny. The characters Django and Jenny Brown are named after them.
- He appears as himself in "Tri-Stone Area", "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars", and "Act Your Age".
- Won an EMA Award: Rocko's Modern Life (Episode "Zanzibar") (Shared with Dan Povenmire).
- Nominated along with Dan Povenmire for two Emmy awards: "Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music" and "Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics" (for "Ain't Got Rhythm").
- Nominated along with executive producer Dan Povenmire, director Zac Moncrief, et. al., for the Emmy Award for "Outstanding Short-Formed Animation Program" for Phineas and Ferb (episode: "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein").
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh voices many characters and sings many songs:
- Major Monogram (and his counterparts)
- The lead singer of Zanzibar.
- Isabella's deep voice
- John P. Tristate
Episodes he directed
He was also a sequence director for Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
Episodes he wrote
He was also the co-writer of Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh at
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh at Wikipedia
- Swampy Marsh at TV.com
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- The Space Adventure Facebook Page
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|