Milo Murphy's Law (previously titled Mikey Murphy's Law) is an American animated television series from the creators of Phineas and Ferb, Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, that premiered on October3, 2016 on Disney XD. The series revolves around the title character, Milo Murphy, who is the descendant of the Murphy from Murphy's law, which states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic as Milo Murphy
- Mekai Curtis as Zack Underwood
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa Chase
- Christian Slater as Elliot Decker
- Vanessa L. Williams as Eileen Underwood
- Sarah Chalke as Mrs. Murawski
- Jemaine Clement as Dr. Zone
- Mackenzie Phillips as Principal Midler
- Chrissie Fit as Amanda Lopez
- Vincent Martella as Bradley Nicholson
- Diedrich Bader as Martin Murphy
- Pamela Adlon as Brigette Murphy
- Kate Micucci as Sara Murphy
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee
- Greg Cipes as Mort Schaeffer
- Michael Culross, Jr. as Kyle Drako
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Coach Nolan Mitchell
- Dan Povenmire as Vinnie Dakota/ Heinz Doofenshmirtz (2 Time Guest Appearance)
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Balthazar Cavendish
In addition, Phineas voice actors and guest stars who have appeared on the show have included Alyson Stoner, Mitchel Musso, Maulik Pancholy, Jack McBrayer, Tyler Alexander Mann, Olivia Olson, Ariel Winter, Django Marsh, Mackenzie Phillips, Eileen Galindo, Carlos Alazraqui, Jeff Bennett, Slash, Leah Remini, Joel McHale, Barry Bostwick, Wayne Brady, Danica McKellar, Allie Mac Kay, and Soleil McGhee.
In an interview with The Huffington Post, Dan and Swampy stated that Milo (then referred to as "Mikey") lives about two neighborhoods away from Danville, so they might do a crossover a few years down the line.
The show has already indicated that it may exist nearby where Phineas and Ferb are, like with the middle school Milo and his friends attend being named Jefferson County Middle School after Jefferson County.
Later on, An article announced that Heinz Doofenshmirtz will be making a special guest appearance in an upcoming special season finale of Milo Murphy’s Law, “Fungus Among Us”
- One of the promos for the show used Edvard Grieg’s “In the Hall of the Mountain King,” instead of either Richard Wagner’s “Ride of the Valkyries” or Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s “Romeo and Juliet.”
Milo Murphy's Law includes allusions to Phineas and Ferb:
- In "The Undergrounders", Bradley (who is voiced by Vincent Martella) mentions that he is having his best day ever, an allusion to what Phineas (also voiced by Martella) says and a part of the extended Phineas and Ferb theme song.
- In "Rooting for the Enemy", Melissa reacts to an announcement with Major Monogram's catchphrase, "Great googly-moogly!"
- In "The Doctor Zone Files" several of the fans in line outside the theater also appeared in the same costume as Finkies or Speckies in "Nerds of a Feather".
- The armored kid with a staff was also at Vanessa's party in "Druselsteinoween".
- In "Smooth Opera-tor" the woman sitting behind and to the left of Melissa, was at the New Year party in "Happy New Year!" and was one of the people Dr. Doofenshmirtz said, "That's what you think" to.
- In "Worked Day", Cavendish has a Danville map when he and Dakota try and make sure a shipment truck full of pistachios make it to the pistachio warehouse.
- In "Murphy's Lard", it is revealed that the Rollercoaster ended up in Melissa's backyard, traumatizing her for life.
- In the same episode, before the episode cuts to credits a girl in the background with brown hair and glasses can be seen.
- In "The Substitute", Klimpaloon, the magical old-timey bathing suit that lives in the Himalayas, appears in a zoetrope.
- In the same episode, Pizzazium Infinionite can be seen on the Periodic Table of Elements in the classroom.
- In "We're Going to the Zoo", it is revealed that Milo has Perry the Platypus pajamas. At that point, Perry's two-note musical cue from the show is heard.
- In the same episode, Milo, Zack and Sarah find themselves at the Danville Ski Slope.
- When Cavendish was listing who could undermine their plan, Dakota mentions "a potted plant," referring to Planty the Potted Plant.
- Also at the end of the same episode, Dakota ends up with squirrels in his pants, and S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants) is heard in the background.
- The Pinhead Pierre actress and many others appear but they are mainly recolored.
- In "Missing Milo", a female store clerk is seen reading a Ducky Momo magazine.
- In "Star Struck", near the end of the episode, a character can be seen wearing a hat that says "Nostrils". This is likely an allusion to the British soccer/football team, the Snifferton Nostrils from "My Fair Goalie", especially considering that the character's shirt is very similar to the team's uniform.
- In "World Without Milo" a truck driver is seen singing along to Meatloaf on his radio.
- In "Love Toboggan", the song "Toboggan of Love" uses the exact same melody and music as Boat of Romance.
- In "The Island of Lost Dakotas", Milo says, "Did you know those plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'?", an overt reference to "Tip of the Day".
- At the very end of "Fungus Among Us", Milo, Cavendish, Dakota, and Orton Mahlson seek out Professor Time, the inventor of time travel, but they get trapped in a net. Doofenshmirtz approaches them expecting the pizza guy, since the trap was made for the pizza delivery guy.
- In "Milo's Halloween Scream-a-Torium", a kid is dressed as Perry.