Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||I can tell a fake a mile away, little brother. They call me "The Truth Detector".||”|
Irving's brother, Albert doesn't believe that Phineas and Ferb are anything special, and since he claims to be the "Truth Detector," he can prove it. Desperate to prove Albert wrong, Irving convinces Baljeet and Buford to pose as Phineas and Ferb beside a giant hologram of the boys' Eiffel Tower construction. Doofenshmirtz plans to fly all over the world to capture famous landmarks shrunk down to size to put around his model train set.
Irving's older brother, Albert, is home for the summer and pesters his younger brother. He mocks Irving's photos of Phineas and Ferb and their inventions, claiming them all to be fake, since he is so good at being a "Truth Detector". Irving decides to prove it to Albert that Phineas and Ferb are genii (geniuses) and they agree to meet at noon in the Flynn-Fletcher's backyard. Unfortunately for Irving, Phineas and Ferb have gone to the movies for a Space Adventure marathon with their dad. So instead, Irving makes a plan to simulate a Big Idea in the backyard with the help of Buford and Baljeet, who agree to pretend to be Phineas and Ferb.
With the aid of Baljeet's hologram projector, they set up a projection of when Phineas and Ferb made a replica scale model of the Eiffel Tower in their backyard. Irving is worried that his brother will see right through the hologram, since it is only a visual projection. Irving has Baljeet dress up as Phineas while Buford pretends to be Ferb. When Albert shows up, he's completely convinced by the hologram and the disguises, which surprises and annoys Irving. Isabella is confused why Baljeet and Buford are pretending to be Phineas and Ferb when she comes over, but agrees to help after Irving quietly explains. Candace spies on the boys and believes that it is her brothers down there at first, but then notices that it's Buford and Baljeet in costume. She decides to call not only her mom, but Buford's, Baljeet's, and Irving's moms as well for a mass-busting.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz is setting up a model train set. He's disappointed in the shoddy work of the duplications, so he plots to fly all over the world to capture famous landmarks shrunk down to size to put around his model train set.
Albert asks "Phineas" and "Ferb" to build something for him, and they create a small crude "statue" out of some trash in the backyard, "remarkable for its simplicity," as Albert puts it. However, no matter what happens, Albert is not suspicious of this being a rouse. As Albert and Irving leave, Irving tells his brother that it was all fake, but Albert is confident that it was real, so they go back to see who is right, Irving planning to run through the hologram to prove himself. Isabella, Buford and Baljeet leave the backyard, taking the hologram projector with them. As they leave the backyard, Perry escapes from the trap and causes the real Eiffel tower to re-enlarge and drop into the backyard. Irving, unaware of the switch, runs right into the solid tower and is confused as to how this is possible. Albert drags Irving home, satisfied that he was right.
All the mothers arrive at the front of the house, where Candace leads them all into the backyard. However, Perry has re-shrunk the Eiffel Tower and Phineas and Ferb have returned home. Candace shows all the mothers the empty backyard, first claiming the tower got turned invisible, then pulling on the boys' faces to try and show that they're masks. Baljeet's mother asks if this is normal, and Linda invites them all in for tea.
As for Perry, after he is shrunk by his own inator, Doofenshmirtz rides in Perry's hat while finally finding out a name for the Roman Coliseum which he was having trouble thinking of earlier, the Roman Smalliseum. Perry then punches his hat with Doofenshmirtz in it, who curses him.
For a full transcript of "Not Phineas and Ferb", click here.
None, if one does not count the Space Adventure theme song
|The image gallery for "Not Phineas and Ferb" may be viewed here.|
I know what we're gonna do today!
Phineas: Hey, Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today! We're going to the Space Adventure film festival! It's gonna be awe-soooooommmme!!!
Baljeet: (as Phineas) Hello. I think you know what we are doing today.
The "Too Young" Line
Phineas: Space adventure, it's an adventure in... You know what, Ferb?
Ferb: We're over it.
(Isabella sees Baljeet and Buford pretending to be Phineas and Ferb)
Isabella: Hi, Phineas! Hi... Ferb... Okay... What'cha doin'?... (Irving whispers in her ear.)
Hey, where's Perry?
Perry's entrance to his lair
Lawrence: Hello boys, are you ready for your Space Thrills marathon?
Phineas: Dad, it's called Space Adventure. It's an adventure in space.
Irving: Time for a makeover!
(Baljeet and Buford squeal like little girls)
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: (playing with his train set) Full steam ahead! Chug-a-chug-a chug-a-chug-a choo-choo! Oh hey there, is that the Doofenshmirtz choo-choo? NO IT'S NOT! (slams his fist on the table) You will all be late for your jobs and be fired. (laughs)
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Look, even scale model litter! Shaaaaaameful.
Young Doofenshmirtz: Father, may I play with my trains now?
Doofenshmirtz's Father: Nein! (German for "No!")
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: The Shrink-inator ray is for the shrinking, the box is for holding the shrunken treasures, and the bicarbonate of soda is for my motion sickness.
Baljeet: Ah, we are ready. (he and Buford are both dressed as Phineas)
Irving: WHAT?! No! No no no, you can't BOTH be Phineas!
Albert: I thought you were pulling my leg, but this is remarkable!
Irving: Really? You're buying it?
Baljeet: (Acting as Phineas) Hi, I think we know what we are doing today.
Buford: (Acting as Ferb) Hello, I'm from England and I don't talk much.
Albert: The simplicity of the design enhances its innovation.
Irving: Really? The simplicity of the design? Ok.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: You know the saying: honk if you love evil!
Buford: I can't believe we tricked the untrickable.
Irving: I am at a loss for words, dude.
Irving: (with increasing irritation) So, your super-senses weren't tingling when - oh, I don't know - Ferb had eyes in his mouth?! Didn't that give you a moment of pause? A scintilla of doubt?!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: (inside Perry's fedora) Hey, this place is nicer than my first apartment!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: So, let me guess, Mr. Goody Two-Shoes, we're gonna return all of the things I shrank, huh? (sighs) Even the Roman Small-oseum? Hey, I finally figured that one out, huh? (Perry punches himself on the head to make Doofenshmirtz stop talking) OW! CURSE YOU, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!
- This episode focuses more on Irving, Buford and Baljeet than Phineas and Ferb.
- One of the pictures on Irving's wall shows Phineas with green hair and Ferb with red hair probably taken in "The Fast and the Phineas".
- The holograph of an Eiffel Tower construction may be a reference to the line "climbing up the Eiffel Tower" in the theme song. Baljeet also mentions that Phineas and Ferb built a live-scale model of the Eiffel Tower in the backyard, but it was not shown in any episode.
- Irving reverses Candace's actions, trying to prove to his brother Albert that Phineas and Ferb's hologram-med creation is not real.
- Buford's mother's full name is "Biffany Van Stomm" as said by Linda.
- The only one of the kids in the backyard that Candace didn't try to bust was Isabella. This may suggest that they have a good friendship.
- The world landmarks that Doofenshmirtz stole include the Sphinx, Taj Mahal, Big Ben, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Roman Coliseum, Great Wall of China, Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, and Eiffel Tower.
- These are some of the names Doofenshmirtz created after he stole the world landmarks. The Great Small of China, the Shrinks, the Tenie Tower of Pizza, the Roman Small-iseum, Taj Ma-small, and the Trifle Tower. Big Ben, Golden Gate Bridge, and Mount Rushmore did have names but weren't said.
- Listed in the February 2010 highlights section of the Crushable website (formerly Disney Society).
- June 13, 2010 (Disney XD Spain)
- July 12, 2010 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- The Sphinx doesn't have a nose, but it does in this episode.
- Just with a hook, Doofenshmirtz could not have hooked onto any of the buildings.
- When Albert says "They're building live in person", his trousers turn black.
- Doofenshmirtz sets the soda down in the box, but in the next scene with him, the soda is gone.
- When Baljeet, in his disguise, moved his head when Buford was saying that the Eiffel Tower is Mexican, the disguise's eyes blinked, which is impossible to do.
- The Bubble making Device and the Time Travel machine appear as one of Phineas and Ferb's previous projects ("Bubble Boys", "It's About Time!", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo").
- Candace claims the Eiffel Tower is invisible, saying this happened before ("Don't Even Blink").
- Linda says that Buford's mother's name is Biffany, which would be the full version of Biff ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford").
- Irving is mentioned as a nerd again ("Hide and Seek").
- It is revealed here that Candace may have 7 people in her contacts. But in the episode "The Lemonade Stand", Candace only has 4 people in her contacts. She may have deleted a few before the episode. Or this takes place after "The Lemonade Stand".
- Doofenshmirtz's line "Oh hey there, is that the Doofenshmirtz Choo-Choo? No, it's not!" mimics the opening line of the popular song Chattanooga Choo-Choo: "Pardon me, boys, is that the Chattanooga Choo-Choo?"
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius - The 'mechanical birds' on the poster in Irving's room looks like the flying chicken ships in the movie of Jimmy Neutron that abducted the parents of all the children in the city.
- Carmen Sandiego - Doofenshmirtz stealing world landmarks is similar to what Carmen Sandiego's henchpeople do, especially on the game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.
- Invader Zim - Buford and Bajeet's amateurish disguises fooled Albert much like how Zim's pathetic disguises fool everyone on Earth.
- Waffle House - At a diner, Monogram calls for "Adam and Eve on a Wrap, rack 'em!" This is similar to the lingo used for Waffle House.
- This is the first episode where Perry enters his lair without someone saying "Hey, Where's Perry?".
- The episode marks the first time any of Buford's family members are seen (his mother, Biffany is shown with Baljeet's mom) and the first appearance of any of Irving's family members are seen (his brother, Albert and his mom).
- This is the first time Candace is hurting Phineas and Ferb by pulling their faces, thinking they're Buford and Baljeet.
- This is the first episode Doofenshmirtz says the Leaning Tower of Pizza. The second will be in "We Call It Maze".
- The phrase "Information, please?" is heard for the second time, the first being "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)".
- Buford carries Baljeet like luggage again ("Don't Even Blink").
- The Egyptian mummy chase tune from is heard when Doofenshmirtz pulls the sphinx statue ("Are You My Mummy?", "The Lizard Whisperer").
- The song Baliwood is audible when Doofenshmirtz shrinks the Taj Mahal ("Unfair Science Fair").
- Phineas says, "Hey Candace, you built this? Nice to see her starting to take an interest." This could possibly be a nod to "Thaddeus and Thor", where Linda remarks, "...the boys are starting to take an interest in building things!"
- It is also the second time Lawrence is seen sleeping at the movie theater ("Are You My Mummy?").
- When Buford says "I totally nailed Ferb!", it might be a reference to "The Chronicles of Meap" where Phineas says to Ferb, "Ha, he totally nailed you!"
- All of the historical landmarks that Doofenshmirtz stole were later seen in the song Bouncin' Around the World ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!").
- This is the fourth time Isabella has a part of the "Too Young" line. The others are "The Chronicles of Meap", "That Sinking Feeling", and "Isabella and the Temple of Sap".
- Second time Doofenshmirtz is shrunken. The first is in "Let's Take a Quiz".
- The second song Candace is heard listening to is the same song the Paisley Sideburn Brothers were playing at the end of "Fireside Girl Jamboree".
- Second time someone says "welcome to my world" (Leave the Busting to Us!).
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Tyler Alexander Mann as Carl
- Meera Syall as Baljeet's mother
- Diedrich Bader as Albert
- Pamela Adlon as Biffany Van Stomm
- Amber Valletta as Mrs. Du Bois
"Ain't No Kiddie Ride"
"Phineas and Ferb-Busters!"