Unlike the Spruce Goose (its inspiration), which was made out of wood, the Paper Pelican was made out of paper mache, with help from Isabella, the Fireside Girls, Baljeet and Buford. The Paper Pelican's wingspan was 320 feet ( 97.54 meters), 1 inch (0.03 meters) larger than the Spruce Goose's wingspan, 319' 11" (97.51 meters). ("De Plane! De Plane!")
Paper Pelican Airlines
Both the Paper Pelican and the Spruce Goose flew for a single flight. While the latter's flight was part of a test run, the Paper Pelican's flight was complete with airline service and crew.
- Phineas Flynn - Pilot,
- Ferb Fletcher - Co-pilot and the singer of the song called "Big Ginormous Airplane"
- Isabella Garcia-Shapiro - Flight Attendant and in-charge of cabin crew
- Fireside Girls - Flight Attendants
- Baljeet - Flight attendant
Termination of service
The airline service ended with a water landing that caused the plane to dissolve, owing to its Papier-mâché construction. The chairs remained intact, allowing all passengers to drift to the shore and disembark.
- In real life, the Spruce Goose was actually 320 feet, 11 inches. So technically the record was not broken as the Paper Pelican was 11 inches too short.
- "De Plane! De Plane!" (First appearance)
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and Ferb's backyard fort
Let's Take a Quiz (TV show)