MAY THE FERB BE WITH YOU
Unbeknownst to them the Galactic
Meanwhile, having learned the
And none of this is canon, so just relax.
— Opening crawl
Phineas and Ferb are living just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker on the planet of Tatooine when R2-D2 and the Death Star plans inadvertently fall into their speeder. With the fate of the galaxy thrust upon their shoulders, they hire pilot Isabella, Han Solo's rival, to help them return the plans to the Rebel Alliance. Complicating matters, low-ranking Stormtrooper Candace is intent on busting the Rebels and chases them across the galaxy in hopes of retrieving the Death Star plans.
Meanwhile, intergalactic chaos erupts on the Death Star when Perry the Rebelpus is trapped in carbonite while trying to stop Darthenshmirtz from using his new "Sith-inator." The saga takes a turn for the worse when Ferb is accidentally caught in the crossfire of the "Sith-inator," changing him into a full-fledged Sith and leading to a first-time battle between the brothers.
A couple of summers ago in a galaxy far, far away...
After a couple of false starts, the narrator tells us of two young moisture farmers on Tatooine with have no intention of leaving their home and that the Galactic Empire had finished its construction of the Death Star. He also tells us that the Rebel Alliance sent a platypus to gather the plans of the Death Star. He then assures us that the following episode will not fall under the canon of either Phineas and Ferb nor Star Wars, "so just relax."
Perry the Rebelpus, the aforementioned platypus agent, infiltrates the Empire's Administration office and steals the disc containing the Death Star plans. After being chased by a group of Stormtroopers, he gets away on his ship and boards the Tantive IV, a ship belonging to the Royal Family of Alderaan. He passes the plans to Princess Leia. Captain Antilles informs her they are being attacked by a Star Destroyer.
Meanwhile, on Tatooine, two young moisture farmers named Phineas and Ferb are having the time of their lives. They stop by their neighbor, Luke Skywalker, to show him the modifications they made to their speeder. Phineas offers to trick out Luke's moisture farm, but Luke says that Uncle Owen prefers to do things the old-fashioned way. After they leave, Luke sees the Star Destroyer through his binoculars.
Back on the Star Destroyers, three Stormtroopers, Candace, Buford and Baljeet are excited about busting some Rebels, but Candace's commanding officer instructs her that her mission to get some socks for Darth Vader, which she feels is a waste of her potential. Elsewhere, Princess Leia stores the plans for the Death Star into R2-D2, and tells Agent P to deliver it to Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine. She prepares to record a video message and asked Agent P to back away since she only wants to be in the shot. Buford sees Leia and Candace goes to her commander to bust her, but her commander still puts her on sock detail. Candace goes back to the two, Buford tells her that Leia escaped, but R2-D2 was going into an escape pod along with C-3PO who follows him. Two Imperial Officers see this escape pod flying away, but since there are droids on it, they assume there are no life forms on it. So they decide to get some coffee, or Sith Roast. Candace tells Buford and Baljeet to get into another escape pod and follow the droids and Perry sneaks with them.
On a ship that is shaped like the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building, Darthenshmirtz, the lowest of the Darths, is looking at the Death Star with his droid, Norm-3PO. He complains that the Death Star was originally his idea, and that he invented it to be a nutcracker that the Empire made it bigger. He then tells Norm-3PO that he has a new invention to impress the Empire, but it needs the power of the Force and wonders where to find it.
On Tatooine, C-3PO, annoyed at R2, decides to separate from his companion. On another part, Candace, Buford, and Baljeet get out of the escape pod, but they go the wrong direction. Agent P, who was also in their escape pod, follows the tracks made by R2-D2. While searching for the droids, Baljeet tells he joins the Empire by accident and Buford asks Candace why she became a Stormtrooper, and Candace sings her answer. A Stormtrooper shows the commander what he believes to be part of a droid, but the commander says it is only a bathtub stopper. Candace approaches her commander and the commander lets slip that the Death Star plans are missing. He instructs her to get some socks from Mos Eisley. Another trooper shows the C.O a "magic flute", which turns out to be a stick.
Phineas and Ferb return home for lunch. Their mother, Linda, looks at their list of things to do. Phineas' stepfather, Lawrence, insists that they go to summer camp on Naboo and Linda suggests they go to ski camp on ice planet Hoth, but Phineas passes, insisting that he nor Ferb have ambitions to leave Tatooine. He and Ferb take off after finishing their lunch. Lawrence teases about there aren't any girls in Tatooine, but Linda was not amused.
Meanwhile, Perry spies on the Jawas who took R2-D2 onto their giant sandcrawler. He sneaks onto the sandcrawler. The next day, Luke and Uncle Owen buy a couple of droids from the Jawas, but the red R2 unit malfunctions, so he takes C-3PO and R2-D2.
Darthenshmirtz's ship lands in one of the docking bays of the Death Star. Darthenshmirtz heads off to his lair, which is really an abandoned recycling compartment. He sees Vader while on the moving sidewalk and attempts to get his attention, but Vader does not notice him.
Back at the Skywalker farm, while C-3PO takes another oil bath, Agent P leads R2 out as Luke stares off into the horizon. Phineas and Ferb return home after giving a bantha a shower but accidentally bump into R2 and knocks Perry side of a cliff. They see the message Leia recorded to Obi-Wan Kenobi, they assume it's Ben Kenobi and decide to return R2 to him. R2 then says he would rather go out on his own. Suddenly, after Agent P climbs up and falls off a cliff after Phineas and Ferb took off and accidentally ruins a young Tusken Raider's birthday party. It is then shown that the disc containing the Death Star plans was accidentally left in the backseat of Phineas and Ferb's speeder.
The next morning, Agent P re-bakes the Tusken Raider's birthday cake. He receives Intel from his superior, Major Hologram, that the R2 unit is safely with Obi-Wan, but Perry knows this is not the case. He is then further instructed about Darthenshmirtz's newest inator and is told to stop him. Phineas and Ferb leave their home for another task, but they then discover the disc in the backseat. Ferb tells his brother that R2-D2 is on his way to Mos Eisley with Luke and Obi-Wan.
At Mos Eisley, Phineas and Ferb's speeder follows the Luke's speeder and searches for them. They visit their Toydarian friend, Blatto, who plays the disc in the head of another R2 unit. They discover that the Death Star is designed to destroy planets, but that it has one weakness, a self-destruct port. Blatto wonders who designed the self-destruct portal, while Darthenshmirtz tries to drink from a fountain when his helmet blocks the water. Phineas then determines that if the Rebel Alliance had this disc, a one-man fighter ship could go into that port. Phineas and Ferb decides to return the disc to R2. In a clothing store, Candace finally buys the socks for Vader, and Buford buys a hoagie. Baljeet then sees Phineas and Ferb with the Death Star plans. Candace goes into busting mode and chases them. Phineas and Ferb try to reach R2, but it left with pilot Han Solo and Chewbacca in the Millennium Falcon when the stormtroopers attack. Phineas and Ferb decide to go into the cantina to find a pilot to deliver the Death Star plans.
In the cantina, Phineas asks the bartender where they can find a pilot, and he points to a young girl named Isabella sitting all by herself at a table in the corner. During this, a Twi'lek female named Vanessa is singing a bluesy song about how "so low" she feels. Phineas introduces himself and his brother to Isabella. Phineas tells her they need to find a ship that escaped from Docking Bay 94. Isabella reveals that ship belongs to Han, whom she has a rivalry with ever since the Falcon cut off her own ship, the Centennial Chihuahua, during the Kessel Run and later shoots Vanessa's microphone after hearing "so low". The trio head off to her ship, but Candace discovers them and shoots at them. Phineas, Ferb, and Isabella head into the ship and speed away. On the ship, Isabella warps into lightspeed, and Phineas states she should have warned them.
Back on Tatooine, Candace finally gives the bag of socks to her commanding officer. However, the commander claims that there is no more room on the ship and directs her over to a bus pod, that Buford claims it's piece of junk.
Back on the Death Star, Darthenshmirtz discovers on the Internet that he can extract the force from Vader's garbage disposal. He is also excited about his time share on Alderaan being worth much more than what he paid for it. Darthenshmirtz then sees that the value plummets until it hits zero, not noticing when Alderaan gets destroyed by the Death Star.
Phineas and Ferb tinker around with the Chihuahua, but Isabella strictly tells them not to touch her ship. Phineas begins to wonder about his family and mentions making new friends, but Isabella refuses this friendship. They finally catch up to the Falcon, but Phineas recognize that they near at the Death Star. When get caught in the same tractor beam pulling them along with the Falcon. Isabella readies to shoot with the ship's lasers, but Phineas and Ferb offers an alternative way instead of fighting.
Phineas and Ferb make some modifications to the Chihuahua to disguise it as a donut truck, including making it smell like one. Isabella contacts Imperial Officer Jeff to disengages the tractor beam on them and docks at Bay 427. His friend, Imperial Officer Dan, makes a jab at Darth Vader's hat and has some fun with Jeff by pretending to be choked by Vader. Jeff is not amused.
On the bus pod, Candace complaint that they should be given a real mission instead of doing errands. Buford and Baljeet tell Candace that they gave the commander the wrong bag. The bag they gave him had Buford's hoagie in it, while Vader Force chokes the commander for his lack of socks and failure.
Phineas, Ferb and Isabella sneak away from the disguised Chihuahua to find R2-D2. Ferb then feels a presence in the Force. This presence turns out to be Perry, who is happy to be reunited with his old friends. Phineas introduces Perry to Isabella and tells her that they disowned him after finding out he was secretly an agent with the Rebel Alliance, but now things have patched up. Perry goes back to his mission. Phineas, Ferb and Isabella do the same.
Norm-3PO pours some trash into Darthenshmirtz's inator. Perry arrives, but becomes trapped in carbonite. Ferb then feels that Perry is in trouble and decides to separate from the trio to help him. After Norm-3PO hangs the frozen platypus on the wall, Darthenshmirtz explains his latest invention, the Sith-Inator, an inator that will make him more evil than Darth Vader himself. He decides to test it on Perry, but when Ferb jumps in, the -inator accidentally strikes him. Darthenshmirtz and Norm decide to leave Perry and Ferb to get more trash. After they leave, Ferb looks at the -inator with his new yellow eyes.
Candace approaches two Imperial Officers talking to Han over a com-link. After one Imperial Officer asks what Han's operating number is, Han blasts the com-link while the other Imperial Officer was actually enjoying the conversation. The first Officer instructs the Stormtroopers to go to level five, Detention Block AA-23. When Buford and Baljeet joins with the stormtroopers and Candace was eager to go, but was instructed to guard the console. Candace decides to entertain herself by making faces under her helmet, until she catches Phineas and Isabella, and chases them after Isabella shoots the console.
Darthenshmirtz collects some trash from a dianoga in the garbage chute where Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca were trapped in. After getting out, Darthenshmirtz "flushes" the chute, further trapping them when the wall closing on them. Unbeknownst to him and Norm-3PO, the carbonite trap malfunctions and thus freeing Perry. Perry then disables Norm-3PO and begins to fight Darthenshmirtz.
Candace continues to chase Isabella and Phineas but slips on some disposal liquid left from the garbage chute and hangs from a ledge. Phineas decides to save her, much to the annoyance of Isabella. Phineas catches Candace, but she is confused as to why, since she always assumed that the Rebel Alliance were the enemies. Buford interrupts them with a miss shoot and accidentally shoots a stormtrooper.
Phineas and Isabella catches up and sees R2-D2 and the others leaves on the Falcon. Isabella tells they should leave immediately or they will lose the Falcon, but Phineas won't leave without Ferb. Phineas decides to trust Isabella to deliver the disc to R2-D2 despite Isabella warning him that she's not coming back. Phineas sees a room dousing with a red light. The red light is emitting from a modified Sith-inator. Phineas discovers it was built by Ferb, who is now wearing a Sith uniform and has Darth Maul-esque face makeup on.
The Chihuahua retreats to planet Yavin and goes to the Rebel base. Two Rebel officers panic that the disc is missing from R2-D2, and decides to blame Jar Jar Binks. Isabella arrives with the disc and the presentation to the X-Wing fighter pilots begins.
On the Death Star, Darthenshmirtz attempts to fight Perry with his lightsaber, but then discovers he mistakenly took a flashlight. Elsewhere, Darth Ferb reveals to his brother that he modified the Sith-inator to create an army of Sith warriors. Darth Ferb offers his brother to join the Dark Side. Phineas then laughs at this, believing Darth Ferb was joking him. Darth Ferb proves that he is serious by getting out his lightsaber. Phineas refuses to fight his own brother, so Darth Ferb decides to obliterate him. With no other option, Phineas was forced to fight his evil stepbrother, but Darth Ferb reveals a second lightsaber blade and continues the battle. After they spar further, he activates even more blades. Phineas decides to hold off the fight so he can modify his own lightsaber.
Buford and Baljeet catches up to Candace, who is still contemplating which is good and bad from the Empire and the Rebels. However, wondeering why Phineas saved her life and the fact that the Empire blew up a planet thus giving her answer.
Back on the Rebel Base, Isabella sees Han with packing up the money. The Firestar Girls, a ragtag juvenile team of Rebel Fighters, approach Isabella. Their leader, Gretchen, asks her to help them, but Isabella declines. Isabella goes into a bar and is joined by Han and Chewbacca. They exchange some pleasantries about leaving since they does not owe anything to anyone and where their friends now. Chewbacca convinces Han, and also Isabella, that they should help too.
Phineas and Darth Ferb finally finish modifying their lightsabers and the fight continues. Their multi-lightsabers now also have motors to make them spin around. Their fight is interrupted by Perry and Darthenshmirtz crashing down into their area. Darthenshmirtz declares victory, but accidentally steps into the carbonite trap. Perry attempts to help Phineas, but Darth Ferb stops him by using the Force, and also destroys Phineas' lightsaber then activates the Sitg-inator to make Phineas' join him in the Dark Side. Suddenly, a laser blast hits Darth Ferb. The blast came from Candace, who came in to help. But Phineas tells her not to shoot Ferb since he is still his brother. Darth Ferb then attacks Candace and cuts her blaster. Phineas attempts to reach the inator, but Darth Ferb stops him from doing so. Candace decides to attack Darth Ferb by putting some pieces of broken Carbonite in the socks she got for Vader and throwing them at him. Distracted, Phineas then throws his broken lightsaber into the inator's self-destruct port, and the inator was destroyed. Phineas, Candace and Perry look for Ferb under the rubble. After he gets out, he is now no longer on the Dark Side and Phineas embraces his brother. Buford walks in wearing the deceased Obi-Wan's robe and carrying his hoagie, now covered in slime, and then proceeds to eat it. Candace tells the gang they need to get off the Death Star and leads them to the bus pod station. Perry takes away the trapped Darthenshmirtz.
Phineas and Ferb sees Luke and his X-Wing fighter fighting followed by Darth Vader's fighter to the port exhausted port and realizes they should leave before Luke fires at the exhaust port. As soon as they reach the station, the last bus pod leaves. Each of the gang admit some of their regrets. Phineas mentions that he was never reunited with his sister, who abandoned him as a baby. Suddenly, Candace recognizes the face of her own brother that she abandoned, and Phineas recognizes his long-lost sister. They embrace each other happily and then Candace asks about Ferb. Phineas is about to tell the story of what happened to Linda's first husband when the Death Star is finally destroyed. Fortunately, Phineas and the gang are all saved by Isabella on the Chihuahua, and Isabella finally accepts the Phineas' friendship. Isabella mentions that the Firestar Girls rescued all of the innocent Imperial Officers who were on board.
Meanwhile, on his own ship, Agent P gets congratulated by Major Hologram. Hologram mentions in passing that there are still copies of the Death Star plans out there, but they'll deal with it later. In the back of the ship, Darthenshmirtz manages to free himself from his carbonite trap and goes into an escape pod to escape so he can fight in the sequel, much to Agent P's anger. The pod is platypus-sized, and Darthenshmirtz was cramped inside, sitting on his keys.
After the medal ceremony for Luke and Han, Phineas and the rest throw a party, where Vanessa returns to sing a celebratory number. Candace, Buford, and Baljeet are now part of the Rebellion. Isabella asks Phineas if there is a chance they are related, and Phineas says no. Isabella says, "Good!" and gives him a kiss, causing Phineas to faint in a daze. Porkins, who was presumed dead by the others in the earlier battle over the Death Star, parachutes into the party to inform everyone present that he's okay, only to crash into a pillar. Gretchen scolds him for ruining the moment.
For a full transcript of "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars", click here.
- "Sith Roast"
- "In the Empire"
- "I'm Feelin' So Low"
- "Let's Take A Rocketship To Space" (instrumental)
- "Rebel, Let's Go!"
- "The Imperial March"
- "Happy Birthday to You"
|The image gallery for "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars" may be viewed here.|
I know what we're gonna do today
The "Too Young" Line
Ferb's Line/Hey, where's Perry?
Raps in "Tatooine".
He imitates a Tusken Raider while playing with its puppet likeness.
Phineas: Whadaya think, Ferb? A girl like her and a guy like me?
Ferb: Sure, why not?
Phineas: What is it, Ferb? What's with the hand?
Ferb: I feel something. A presence I have not felt since...
Phineas: What's wrong, Ferb? You got your hand up again.
Ferb: Perry is in trouble.
He also yells in pain when he gets accidentally zapped by the Sith-inator.
Phineas: So is there like a face painting booth around here or something? And where's Perry? Were you able to find him?
Darth Ferb: I found this: the Sith-inator. And I've modified it to create an army of Sith warriors. Join me on the Dark Side, brother.
Phineas: I'm not gonna fight you.
Darth Ferb: If you will not join me, then I must destroy you.
(Darth Ferb using the force to activate the modified Sith-inator)
Darth Ferb: Now you will join me!
He is heard groaning under a pile of rubble.
Pilot Isabella: (angrily) Hey, whatcha doin'?
Phineas : Isabella, did you know that you have T-27 thermal couplings up here?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Perry's entrance to his lair
Fully operational Death Star!
Said by a random guy in the background when Phineas and Ferb retreat to Mos Eisley.
The Viking is right
Phineas: The wookiee is right! Let's party!
- Main article: Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars/Memorable Quotes
- This episode is a parallel story to the original 1977 movie, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- A majority of the music for this special is John Williams' original score Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, as well as "The Imperial March" from The Empire Strikes Back.
- The music, which was recorded at Capitol Records studios in Hollywood, is also made to sound less synthesized to match the original Williams orchestral score.
- Phineas and Ferb fight against each other.
- The Dan and Swampy lookalikes appear as Imperial officers.
- At one point, the Centennial Chihuahua takes on the form of the inexplicable Giant Floating Baby Head.
- This is episode is explicitly stated to be non-canon, although it is vague whether it is referring to the canon of the show or the movies, though it most likely means that it is canon to neither.
- Phineas and Ferb's speeder's horn plays the theme song, specifically the "Building a rocket, or fighting a mummy" part.
- Linda mentions "giving a bantha a shower" on the list of things Phineas and Ferb have to do. This is a reference to the line "giving a monkey a shower" in Phineas and Ferb Theme.
- The subject of Linda's first marriage is brought up, but the Death Star explodes before Phineas can tell the story.
- Phineas mentions being betrayed and hurt by finding out Perry was an agent. This is very similar to how Danville's Phineas found out in Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
- The schematics of the Death Star have three "details" written in Aurebesh. When translated, these read (in order of appearance on-screen) "YOU GOT A JOKE NO ONE ELSE DID.", "IF YOU HAVE PAUSED THIS AND TRANSLATED THIS INTO ENGLISH, CONGRATULATIONS.", and "NOW, GO IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS!"
- Darthenshmirtz breaks the fourth wall twice. Once after his musical number telling his backup dancers that if all goes well, there will be a victory number in act IV and once at the end, when he escapes, he claims that he was able to live long enough to fight in the sequel. Whether or not there will be a sequel is yet to be determined.
- The poncho and fisherman's hat that Luke wears at the beginning are based on a deleted scene from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- This version of Phineas shows that he might return this version of Isabella's feelings for him.
- The headline of the newspaper being read in the bus pod reads: "SARLACC PIT DISASTER".
- In Spain Perry the Rebelpuss is named Perry el Ornitorebelde (Perry the Platyrebel)
- Norm's speech about the force is similar to the one he made about his father in "Ferb TV".
- This special was first teased by Dan Povenmire in an interview with TVGuide.com in promotion of "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel". On October 30, 2012, The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm Limited, LLC for US $4.05 billion in cash and stock. Povenmire said, "When I saw that news [of Disney purchasing Lucasfilm] break, I drew a picture of Doofenshmirtz as Darth Vader and texted it to the head of Disney TV animation and wrote, 'I smell crossover!'"
- This episode was announced a few days before the Star Wars Takeover event began on Disney's online game, Club Penguin. Club Penguin also had Marvel-themed events in June 2012 and April 2013.
- Press release from StarWars.com:
- The adventuring stars of Disney's hit animated series Phineas and Ferb are heading to a galaxy far, far away: A special Star Wars-themed episode of the musical-comedy series is currently in production, announced July 19, 2013 by show creators and executive producers Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh at Comic-Con International in San Diego. The one hour event episode will premiere next year on Disney Channel and Disney XD, placing the characters of Phineas and Ferb in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars.
- Povenmire said, "May The 'Ferb' Be With You and with all of us who for decades have dreamt of a chance to work with the great characters and stories of Star Wars."
- The episode's story begins a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away -- in summer. Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns, however, they find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands.
- Now that fate has suddenly pulled them into the fight for freedom, they must go in search of a pilot who can take them to the Rebels so they can hand over the plans. Complicating matters, Candace -- the boys' sister -- has a Stormtrooper-like intent on "busting rebels" who chase Phineas and Ferb across the galaxy in hopes of retrieving the Death Star plans.
- Meanwhile, back on the Death Star, Dr. Darth Enshmirtz [sic], a low level Darth, has created a Force-powered "Sith-inator" that he plans to use against the Rebel Alliance. Agent P, working undercover for the Rebellion, is dispatched to stop him, but quickly gets trapped in carbonite. Then, things take a startling turn when Ferb is accidentally hit by the full blast of Dr. Darth Enschmirtz's [sic] "inator" and becomes...an evil Sith.
- Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on this Force-filled episode of Phineas and Ferb.
- In an interview, Dan and Swampy revealed that neither Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher nor Harrison Ford would be reprising their roles, but they might get some cameos.
- On August 31, 2013, Robert Hughes confirmed that there would be at least five songs in the special.
- On March 3, 2014, Robert Hughes revealed that Vanessa will appear and that the Fireside Girls will appear as the Fire Star Girls.
- A sneak peek was unveiled during Star Wars Weekends on May 16, 2014 at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- The first images were shown in the promo for Disney XD's All Weekend Long XD-Athon.
- Most of the songs in this special were recorded with live horns, something unheard of in animated shows not airing on Fox such as The Simpsons or any Seth MacFarlane-created show.
- This episode became available on the Watch Disney Channel app and on Disney XD On Demand starting July 19, 2014.
- The premiere on Disney Channel is exactly two years after the premiere of "Where's Perry?".
- This episode aired as part of Disney Channel's "Out of This World" programming gimmick.
- Unlike other episodes, the opening credits are shown at the end, instead of at the beginning. Also, the final song continues into the credits, where the credits scroll instead of being shown individually. The credits also have a unique font for the episode.
- In the original press release, it said that Carl would appear as Carl2-D2, but he may have ultimately been cut from the special.
- This episode was the second to premiere on a Saturday night in this season, the other being "Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror", which aired on October 5, 2013.
- In the concept art of the Cantina, Meap was shown as one of the customers. He ended up not appearing in this special.
- Many of the scenes from the original film were rotoscoped from the live-action.
- When Ferb turns into a Sith his eyes turn yellow, but in promotional images his eyes are red.
- When this episode aired on Disney Channel, there were no ad breaks between acts 2 & 3, acts 4 & 5, nor acts 6 & 7.
- When this episode aired on Disney XD, there was an inexplicable act break before Perry got onto Princess Leia's ship.
- Description from the Disney Channel Medianet website.
- The story is set a couple summers ago in a galaxy far, far away when Phineas, Ferb and the gang are in a parallel universe.
- This is the last episode to premiere before the end of Disney XD's Animacation.
- This episode is titled "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Star Wars" in the Middle East and Africa.
- August 4, 2014 (Disney Channel and Disney XD Australia)
- August 8, 2014 (Family Channel, Canada)
- August 15, 2014 (Disney Channel Taiwan and Korea)
- August 17, 2014 (Disney Channel Asia and Disney XD Canada)
- August 29, 2014 (Disney Channel Scandinavia)
- August 30, 2014 (Disney XD Poland, South Africa, and Greece)
- August 31, 2014 (Disney Channel Brazil & Czech/Hungary)
- September 6, 2014 (Disney XD Brazil & Latin America)
- September 11, 2014 (Disney XD UK)
- September 13, 2014 (Disney XD Spain and Disney Channel Portugal)
- September 15, 2014 (Disney XD Italy)
- September 16, 2014 (Disney XD Malaysia)
- September 21, 2014 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- September 27, 2014 (Disney Channel Spain, Poland, and Middle East / Africa)
- In Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, the Imperial Officer on the other end of the com-link said, "We're sending a squad up." Here he says, "We're sending a squad in."
- On the closed captioning, Jawas are credited with the screen with the scream during the "Sith Roast Decaf" bumper, not R2-D2 as originally heard.
- It happens again when Norm-3PO screams like R2-D2, but the captions says "Ewoks screaming".
- When Phineas watches as Darth Ferb destroys his lightsaber, there is an error in the animation, causing him to have two left arms.
- All the Firestar Girls have no eyelashes, save for Ginger.
- Before Ferb gets hit with the Sith-inator, he has his hood down, and it flies off when he gets hit. After he gets hit when he lands on the ground, his hood is back up.
- Darthenshmirtz tells his backup dancers to prepare for a victory number in Act IV if the Sith-Inator succeeds, which does not make much sense because at the point in which he is saying this, the episode is nearing the end of its fourth act.
- A Phinedroid can be seen in "Tatooine" during the line "Trading with the Jawas" ("I, Brobot").
- The Sith Roast advertisement screen is a callback to the TUFF SHOO LAYSIZZ! ads ("Bully Bust", "Lost in Danville") and the LIVE AND LET PIE...for charity ad ("Backyard Hodge Podge").
- From the Star Wars franchise:
- Episode IV: A New Hope
- Phineas' clothers are based on Luke Skywalker's from this film.
- Ferb's normal clothers are based on Obi-Wan Kenobi's clothes from this film and the rest of the original trilogy.
- Darthenshmirtz's uniform is a modified version of Darth Vader's.
- Norm-3PO is a parody of C-3PO.
- The Han shot first controversy is parodied. When dragging away Greedo's corpse, one of the lifters remark about conflicting accounts on who shot first.
- Also, the shot of Isabella showing her blaster when she first meets the boys is similar to when Han Solo shows his blaster while Greedo confronts him.
- The name of Isabella's ship, the Centennial Chihuahua, is patterned after the naming convention of Han Solo's Millennium Falcon with a timespan and an animal.
- Phineas' line, "Whadaya think, Ferb? A girl like her and a guy like me?" is a parody of Han's line, "What do you think, a princess like her and a guy like me?"
- Vader's only line, "I find your lack of socks disturbing", is a parody of his line, "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
- When Buford enters wearing Obi-Wan Kenobi's cloak, he makes the same alien sound and gestures used in the film when Obi-Wan scares away the Jawa's.
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Darthenshmirtz traps Perry the Rebelpus in carbonite.
- Boba Fett makes a cameo when picking up a wanted poster of Han and Chewbacca.
- Baljeet sings "Socks socks socks socks socks socks socks socks socks" to the tune of The Imperial March.
- Isabella asks Phineas if they are related before kissing him; this parodies the fact that Luke and Leia kissed each other in the first Star Wars movie without knowing they were brother/sister.
- The Stormtrooper shot by Buford states that he would keep falling until going into a tunnel and falling onto a weather Antenna. This is a reference to what happens to Luke after his duel with Darth Vader.
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Darth Ferb's line of "If you will not join me, then I must destroy you" is based on Emperor Palpatine's line near the end of the movie.
- During Perry's infiltration of The Empire's Administration Offices, the Stormtroopers chasing him come across one of the Office Workers looking at a Website that says "Hutt's Annual Swimwear Sale", featuring a picture of a Twi'Lek female wearing a bikini similar to the one Princess Leia wore in Episode VI when she was captured by Jabba the Hutt.
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- After Ferb becomes a Sith, his face becomes like Darth Maul, and he battles using a double-ended lightsaber like Maul's.
- Blatto, the son of Watto, the alien junk dealer, also makes a cameo.
- At one point, one of the Rebels wants to blame a mistake on Jar Jar Binks, which is a reference to the audience backlash against this character.
- Episode IV: A New Hope
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - The way this episode works is based on this 1966 Tom Stoppard play and 1990 movie.
- In a simular vein, Dark Horse Comics released a three-comic book series titled Tag and Bink Are Dead in 2001, which was also set in the Star Wars universe.
- The Three Musketeers - Darthenshmirtz suggests that he, Perry the Rebelpus and Ferb become the "Three Sith-keteers", a reference to this 17th century French novel by Alexander Dumas.
- "Happy Birthday to You" - In a rare instance, this copyrighted song can be heard in its original melody when Perry the Rebelpus puts the birthday cake back together.
- "Gangnam Style" - At one point during Rebel, Let's Go!, Perry does the "Invisible Horse" dance from the music video for Psy's "Gangnam Style".
- Beverly Hills - Candace's code is TK-90210, which is the zip code of this California city as well as the name of the famous TV show of the 1990s.
- The United States Navy and the United States Army - When Candace sings about why she joined the Empire she implies the Naval slogan "See the world" and United States Army slogan "Be all that you can be".
- Burbank - One of the "exotic worlds" seen in the song In the Empire is this California city where the Disney Television Animation studio is located and Phineas and Ferb is animated.
- Common sayings - Three common sayings are parodied:
- "One man's trash is another man's treasure" - Parodied by Norm-3PO as "One man's trash is another man's bad idea."
- "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" - Parodied by Darthenshmirtz as "You can lead a dianoga to garbage, but you can't make him think."
- "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - Parodied by one of the Rebel Officials as "Don't look a gift tauntaun in the oral cavity."
- Barrack-room Ballads - Darthenshmirtz's line, "You're over there and I'm over here and never the twain shall meet" is a reference to a line from this Rudyard Kipling poem.
- Groucho Marx - When Darthenshmirtz sings "He now will say, 'I'm blown away!'" he then adds, "Much like Alderaan" while waggling his eyebrows and pretending to hold a cigar much like this comedian.
- Tarzan - When Darthenshmirtz thinks Perry intends to use his grappling hook to swing across to him, he refers to him as a "rope-y swing-y monkey man", presumably in reference to the image of Tarzan swinging from tree to tree on vines.
- Robin Hood - When Candace, Baljeet, and Buford are wondering whether the Empire of the Rebels are the "good guys", Buford mentions Robin Hood as a "good rebel."
- This is the longest Phineas and Ferb episode ever, at 51 minutes without commercials.
- Phineas and Ferb is the sixth animated TV series to do a full-length Star Wars themed episode, following Tiny Toon Adventures, Pinky and the Brain, Codename: Kids Next Door, Robot Chicken (three times), and Family Guy (also three times).
- This marks the first time that Phineas and Ferb have a fight against each other.
- This is the fourth episode to not play the theme song or a version of it. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel", "Phineas and Ferb Save Summer")
- This is the first episode to be explicitly stated to be non-canon.
- Fourteenth time Phineas and Ferb go to space. ("Rollercoaster","Traffic Cam Caper", "Out to Launch", "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)", "The Chronicles of Meap", "The Secret of Success", "The Doof Side of the Moon", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Moon Farm", "Meapless in Seattle", "Sleepwalk Surprise", "Happy New Year!", "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel")
- This is the seventh episode to take place in a date and time other than the present and in the Tri-State Area. ("The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein" taking place in Drusselstein in olden times, "Tri-Stone Area" taking place in the Tri-Stone Area in 27,000 B.C., "Doof Dynasty" taking place in the Ancient Tri-Province Area, "Excaliferb" taking place in Medieval Times in the Tri-Kingdom Area, "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon" taking place in 1914 in South America, "Steampunx" taking place in 1903 at the Danville World's Fair, and this one taking place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.)
- This is the sixth special to premiere in the summer. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Where's Perry?", "Where's Perry? (Part Two)", "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel", "Phineas and Ferb Save Summer")
- This is the fourth one hour episode after "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel" and "Phineas and Ferb Save Summer".
- Sixth episode where every song is sung onscreen by a character ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", "Wizard of Odd", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Phineas and Ferb Save Summer", "The Klimpaloon Ultimatum"). This is the second time that it is a special episode ("Phineas and Ferb Save Summer").
- Second Phineas and Ferb crossover episode ("Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel").
- With at least twelve lines, this is now the most that Ferb has spoken, beating his previous number of lines in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!".
- Second time Doofeshmirtz tries to turn Perry into his minion and by mistake hits another thing. ("Day of the Living Gelatin")
- This is the second time a version of Phineas has shown romantic interest in a version of Isabella; this previously happened in "Doof Dynasty".
- Second time Isabella kisses Phineas (Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- Third time the credits scroll up. (Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne")
- Fifth time "My watermelon!" is said (Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, "The Mom Attractor", "When Worlds Collide", "Blackout!").
- Isabella is seen without her bow the entire time again, though her goggles resemble her bow ("The Beak", "That's the Spirit", "Druselsteinoween").
- Ferb uses his sunglasses again ("The Chronicles of Meap", "Candace's Big Day")
- This is not the first time Simon Pegg played C-3PO. He previously played the character for a CollegeHumor video with his comedy partner Nick Frost as R2-D2.
- Swampy said it was this video that led him to cast Pegg as 3PO in the first place.
- The melody of "Happy Birthday To You", which (unlike its lyrics) is in the public domain, is heard for the second time ("Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!").
- This is the first episode that says that Linda Flynn got remarried. However Candace's knowledge of this is contradicted because in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted" during the musical number "Little Brothers", a flashback of Phineas, Ferb and Candace are shown together multiple times. However, this episode is set in a different universe.
This special received positive reviews from critics. Most reviews complimented the show for not simply reenacting the entire film as most parodies tend to do. Amy Ratcliffe of Nerdist.com stated "The mix proves to be an amusing one, and you don’t have to be familiar with Phineas and Ferb to enjoy the mash-up." Matt Blum from GeekDad.com called it "one of the best Star Wars cartoons ever, and a terrific episode of Phineas and Ferb as well." Allyourscreens.com said the special "plays less like a promotional stunt and more like what the film might have looked like if it had been originally produced by Disney as an animated film" and then later stated at the end of the article that "it would probably be even more fun to watch in a movie theater." Rick Ellis of examiner.com said that "Phineas And Ferb Star Wars [is] a special that is likely to be as popular at Star Wars gatherings as it will be with fans of the animated TV show." onthegoinmco.com stated that "For those rabid fans who can get a little too caught up in accuracy, take a chill pill and enjoy this for what it is, a fantastic parody." Eric Crisp from dorksideoftheforce.com stated the creators of Phineas and Ferb were extraordinarily creative in all of their episodes but Star Wars fans will take great pleasure in the action that takes place in tandem with a movie many of us have ingrained in our memories, it is a masterpiece. And Diectrich Jeffries from neonreels.com said that "It's evident that the writers clearly have a strong passion for Star Wars and it shines through the whole product. Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars is a labour of love and thank the writers for it."
Ratings for the premiere drew 2.479 million adult viewers, equaling a .5 share, tying it with [adult swim]'s Attack on Titan as the highest rated original program on all of cable TV that evening.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas, Additional Voices
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Ferb
- Aaron Jacob as Ferb's rapping voice on "Tatooine" (Uncredited)
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Richard O'Brien as Dad, Additional Voices
- Dan Povenmire as Darthenshmirtz, Imperial Officer Dan, Himself (directing Jim Cummings), "My watermelon!", Additional Voices
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Hologram, Imperial Officer Jeff, Himself (directing Jim Cummings), Additional Voices
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Rebelpus, Chewbacca, Additional Voices
- John Viener as Norm-3PO
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella, Additional Voices
- Ariel Winter as Gretchen
- Nick Jameson as Uncle Owen
- John Mathot as Captain Antilles, Additional Voices
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa the Twi'Lek, Additional Voices
- Jeff Stewart as Jek Tono Porkins
- Christopher Corey Smith as Luke Skywalker, Blatto
- April Winchell as Princess Leia
- Simon Pegg as Candace's C.O., C-3PO
- Ross Marquand as Han Solo
- Eddie Pittman as Darth Vader
- Jim Cummings as the Narrator
- Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman as the Office Stormtroopers
- Additional Voices: Andre Sogliuzzo, Kevin Michael Richardson, Robert F. Hughes, Wayne Brady
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Phineas-Ferb-Premiere-1067309.aspx
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://starwars.com/news/phineas-and-ferb-meets-star-wars-in-special-episode.html
- ↑ http://family-room.ew.com/2013/08/16/phineas-and-ferb-star-wars-marvel/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/hellofathead/status/440497045409763328
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/472046965958524928
- ↑ http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/95680/20140616/phineas-ferb-star-wars-release-date.htm?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
- ↑ http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2014/DC_July_Programming_Highlights.pdf
- ↑ http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/web/display/display_main.aspx?searchparams=phineas&typecode=PH&leftcol=search
- ↑ http://www.disneylapresspack.com/public/planillas/grilla_dc
- ↑ http://www.accesshollywood.com/simon-pegg-in-phineas-and-ferb-star-wars-exclusive-first-look_article_96755
- ↑ http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/review-phineas-and-ferb-star-wars/
- ↑ http://geekdad.com/2014/07/phineas-ferb-star-wars-review/
- ↑ http://allyourscreens.com/index.php/tv-reviews/1841-review-phineas-and-ferb-star-wars
- ↑ http://www.examiner.com/article/review-phineas-and-ferb-star-wars
- ↑ http://onthegoinmco.com/2014/07/31/phineas-and-ferb-star-wars/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=phineas-and-ferb-star-wars
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb Star Wars: Top 5 Gags
- ↑ http://www.neonreels.com/2014/09/phineas-and-ferb-star-wars.html
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/29/saturday-cable-ratings-phineas-and-ferb-star-wars-leads-night-attack-on-titan-nascar-coverage-more/287796/
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars on Wookieepedia
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars on the Disney Wiki
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars on the Lucasfilm Wiki
"Lost in Danville"
"Phineas and Ferb Save Summer"
|Special episodes|| Next:|
"Night of the Living Pharmacists"
"Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel"
|Crossover episodes|| Next:|