Phineas and Ferb was the tentative title of a film adaptation of Phineas and Ferb. Very little is known about this project except that it was to be a combination of live action and animation and would have been written by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Dan Povenmire and Academy Award-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt. Media gossiper Jim Hill mentioned that Disney's plan for the film included having the Phineas and Ferb characters be portrayed by live actors. This was denied by Dan Povenmire, who stated that the characters would remain animated as they would on the show.
Originally announced in 2011, the movie was originally set to be released on July 26, 2013, but it was delayed to a 2014 date to be determined later. However, Deadline Hollywood reported on August 16, 2013 that the movie had been removed from Disney's release schedule. On the same day, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh stated on Twitter that the film was in development hell.
On August 24,2015, Dan Povenmire stated on Twitter that Head of The Studio and Priority change was the reason of cancellation.
- During the winter press tour of the Television Critics Association on January 10, 2011, Gary Marsh, chief creative officer of Disney Channels Worldwide, announced that Walt Disney Studios was in the early stages of developing a Phineas and Ferb feature film. It was being developed by Sean Bailey, Disney's president of motion picture production.
- On October 27, 2011, it was announced that Michael Arndt, the Academy-Award nominated writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 (and who was later announced as the screenwriter of Star Wars: Episode VII), was revising Povenmire and Marsh's original draft of the script and that David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films, who had recently produced The Muppets for Disney, had signed on as producers. Todd Lieberman said that "It will be like Roger Rabbit, where we'd keep those characters and put them in the real world".
- On July 12th it was confirmed by Jim Hill media twitter on a post you can see here , that the script for the film has been completed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/tca-disney-developing-phineas-and-ferb-feature/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://assignmentx.com/2011/tca-2011-phineas-and-ferb-feature-film-in-the-works-at-disney/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Phineas and Ferb movie release date, Animation Magazine
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/10/phineas-ferb-movie-release-date-michael-arndt-july-disney.html
- ↑ http://www.magicaldefinition.com/disney-podcast/show-notes/196/phineas-and-ferb-2nd-dimension.ashx
- ↑ http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-08-03/news/29852124_1_phineas-and-ferb-jeff-swampy-marsh-doofenshmirtz/2
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/07/26/2011-07-26_phineas_and_ferb_reinvent_the_essence_of_disney_channel_charm_in_kidfriendly_tv_.html?r=entertainment
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disneys-lone-ranger-sets-may-31-release-date-248191
- ↑ http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/the-avengers-sequel-gets-a-title/ Phineas And Ferb Off Disney’s Release Schedule
- ↑ http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/producers-compare-phineas-ferb-film-to-roger-rabbit-hybrid-mix/
Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension