|“||Behold, the mind blowing first images from beyond our dimensional reality!||”|
— Heinz Doofenshmirtz
When Phineas, Ferb, and Perry follow Dr. Doofenshmirtz through his "Otherdimensionator", they find themselves in an alternate universe where a second, truly evil Dr. Doof rules over his Tri-State Area with an army of Normbots. To save his friends from certain doom, Perry makes the ultimate sacrifice by revealing his secret identity as Agent P. Phineas and Ferb escape, meet their 2nd dimension selves, and begin their own mission to rescue Perry.
As they uncover his plot to travel back to their dimension to take over their Tri-State Area, the gang, as well as their alter-egos, must band together to stop him.
So begins an epic battle as our heroes try to save their home from the clutches of Alt. Dr. Doofenshmirtz... and his sidekick Perry the Platyborg! Can Evil Doof succeed and achieve double world domination? Can Candace finally bust her brothers? Find out in this action-packed, epic adventure - so huge that it crosses over time and space.
Phineas, Ferb, Perry, Candace, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who were all captured by the 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, are about to be fed to a Goozim. Phineas compares their current situation to how the day began, and states that everything started out so well that morning.
The scene switches to the beginning of the day, with Phineas and Ferb waking up due to Perry's chattering. The trio do various activities (such as get dressed, brush their teeth), while singing Everything's Better with Perry, a song about how everything is better with their pet. Afterwards, they fall down the stairs next to their parents, and reminisce about when they adopted him from the Organization Without a Cool Acronym's animal shelter. Subsequently, they play baseball, launching the balls off of Perry's tail. They then decide to play platypus badminton using two giant platypus-shaped catapults, which are able to launch objects off their tails like real platypuses.
With the help of their friends Isabella, Buford and Baljeet, they construct them, launch themselves off of the tail of the platypult in a large shuttlecock, and fly through the air. Perry, who has assumed his secret agent role as Agent P, has returned from a mission briefing with Major Monogram and Carl; the latter who has given him several new gadgets. While riding in his new rocket car, Agent P collides with Phineas and Ferb’s shuttlecock that changes its course and crashes on the roof of the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated headquarters, destroying Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest invention, the Other-Dimension-Inator.
Meanwhile, after learning that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is looking for colleges, Candace decides to grow up and act more like an adult. She and her friend Stacy go to the backyard to bust the boys, since, now that Candace is an “adult”, she can bust the boys herself. However, she finds that her brothers and the platy-pult are gone, with only Isabella and Baljeet remaining. Candace concludes that the "Mysterious Force", the force that she believes takes away Phineas and Ferb’s invention before her mother can see them, recognizes Candace as an adult, and so kept her from seeing the boys' invention as well. She and the rest of the group go to the park to look for the boys.
Feeling sorry for him, and not knowing that he is evil, Phineas and Ferb help Dr. Doofenshmirtz rebuild his Other Dimension-inator, much to the horror of Perry, who must pretend to be a mindless pet in the vicinity of his owners lest they find out his secret. He tries to stop them by taking away Phineas's wrench and peeing on Doofenshmirtz's couch, but to no avail.
They successfully open a portal to the 2nd Dimension and step through it. They find that that the Tri-State Area in this dimension has been taken over by the 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, who has a scar that goes over his eye-patch. Dr. Doofenshmirtz is redirected by the 2nd Dimension Monogram to a ride that takes him straight to Doofenshmirtz-2. There, they meet, and perform a duet.
Phineas, Ferb, and Perry follow, and Doofenshmirtz-2 recognizes their pet as Perry the Platypus, while the regular Doofenshmirtz doesn’t. Doofenshmirtz-2 sends his minion, General Platyborg, the 2nd Dimension Perry who was defeated and turned into an evil cyborg by Doofenshmirtz-2 a long time ago, to attack Perry, hoping that it will cause Perry to reveal that he is a secret agent. However, Perry remains in his mindless guise even after being hit. Doofenshmirtz-2 then tells Platyborg to hit the boys, to which Perry punches the Platyborg away and reveals his identity.
Phineas and Ferb are surprised at this, and hurt that Perry didn't tell them that he was an agent (primarily Phineas, who yells at him). Doofenshmirtz-2 summons his Norm Bots to seize the trio. The three fall through a window, but Agent P releases his parachute. They land on top of another building, where Agent P does combat against Platyborg with his feet stuck in a skull from an animal skeleton from Doofenshmirtz-2’s lair. Phineas and Ferb trap Platyborg in Agent P’s parachute.
Phineas begins to express his anger again until he realizes that Perry is caught in the parachute. Phineas and Ferb try to pull him back up, but fall; fortunately they all end up being "saved by unconventional architecture". A Norm Bot approaches them as well as Platyborg, but the Norm Bot is hit by the skull and Platyborg is hit by a bus. Phineas, Ferb and Perry are then able to escape.
Back in Danville, Candace, Stacy, Isabella, and Baljeet have found Buford in the park chewing Victory Gum, as he assumed he had won the platypus badminton game they were playing earlier, even though it was more of a forfeited win since Phineas and Ferb had gone missing. Candace and Stacy decides to go back to the Flynn-Fletcher backyard while Isabella, Baljeet and Buford stay in the park.
In the 2nd Dimension, Phineas expresses his anger again about Perry being a secret agent while Ferb reminds him to try to use a remote version of the Other Dimension-inator to get home, but it just opens a portal to another dimension they don’t know. Doofenshmirtz-2 tells Doofenshmirtz that what had caused him to go more evil than him and take over the 2nd Dimension Tri-State Area was that he had lost his toy train when he was a child, and Doofenshmirtz is unable to believe that that was his emotionally scarring back-story while he had so many more of those than him. Meanwhile, Phineas is trying to get over the fact Perry is a secret agent and wonders simultaneously if Perry is family. Ferb assuages him, and the boys decide they to need find their 2nd Dimension selves, who have never heard of summer before and are successful in explaining summer to their counterparts. Agent P, upon seeing a news report on TV saying that he should turn himself in to Doofenshmirtz-2 or else Doofenshmirtz-2 will hurt his friends, begins to leave, but is stopped by Phineas and Ferb.
Phineas disowns Perry, telling him to go ahead and leave, as he can’t trust Perry anymore, and Agent P leaves. Afterwards, they attempt to go across the street to the 2nd Dimension Isabella’s house, but are stopped by a lone Norm Bot, who is taken down by the 2nd Dimension Buford. It is revealed that Buford-2 was part of the The Resistance against Doofenshmirtz-2, but became so good at it that he started resisting the Resistance too. The five fall down a chute once entering Isabella’s yard, and end up being tied by the Firestorm Girls, the 2nd Dimension versions of the Fireside Girls. They are interrogated by the 2nd Dimension Isabella, to which Phineas replies that they are Candace’s brothers. They are untied and led to 2nd Dimension Baljeet, who prefers to be called “Dr. Baljeet.” He explains that the 1st Dimension and the 2nd Dimension are right next to each other, but to get to the 1st Dimension, they would need a lot of energy as they would be going against the flow of energy between the multiverses. Their other option would be to go around clockwise, but it is unknown to how many dimensions they have to go through to end up in their own. They are later introduced to the leader of the Resistance, 2nd Dimension Candace, who shows up and commands everyone to begin work to divert energy to bring Phineas and Ferb back to their dimension.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz-2 has decided to go the 1st Dimension’s Tri-State Area to conquer it. He gets regular Doofenshmirtz to create another Other Dimension-inator, but it fails to work as it seems they will need the boys’ help to make it. Dr. Baljeet has been able to open a portal to the 1st Dimension. Upon seeing a news report that Perry has been captured, Phineas and Ferb want to rescue him. Meanwhile, Candace and Stacy are in the Flynn-Fletcher backyard, and Candace tries to talk to the Mysterious Force. The portal from the 2nd Dimension opens up, which the two girls believe is the Mysterious Force. Candace goes through, causing the portal to close, and her being stuck with the 2nd Dimension gang.
Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Candace-2, Buford-2, Isabella-2, along with Phineas-2 and Ferb-2, who have stowed away, go underground in mine carts to attempt to break into Doofenshmirtz-2’s lair to rescue Perry. But they find out that it is a trap, and they are surrounded.
Doofenshmirtz-2 taunts Perry that he has captured him and his friends around 3:30 to 4 pm EST. Perry remembers something, and presses a button on his watch, which opens up a hologram of Major Monogram, who, at that moment, is in the shower. The Doofenshmirtzes, Platyborg and the Norm Bots look away in disgust, and the kids are able to escape. The group tries to race away in the mine carts as the Norm Bots pursue them. To save her and her brothers, Candace-2 separates the mine carts, and she and the rest of the Resistance are able to escape, while Phineas, Ferb, Candace, and Agent P are captured.
Back in Danville, Stacy builds a shrine to the Mysterious Force as an apology for not believing in it, in hopes that it will bring her friends back. Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb refuse to fix the Other Dimension-inator, but Doofenshmirtz remembers the boys removed his self-destruct button, repairing the device. Now obsolete, Doofenshmirtz-2 sentences the four to doom, as well as regular Doofenshmirtz, as he had gotten on Doofenshmirtz-2’s nerves. The group, in chains, is led to a caged Goozim surrounded by lava. Perry is able to get keys to unchain the gang, but the Goozim’s movements toss them around, and the keys drop near the lava that takes up the ground. As the gang nearly dangles near the magma (thanks to Doofenshmirtz's poor climbing skills), Candace is able to catch the keys. Suddenly, Candace-2 shows up with the Other Dimension-inator remote. She defeats the surrounding Norm Bots, and throws it to Phineas. When he realizes what it is, he tells Perry to let go of the Goozim's cage, but he hesitates. Phineas pleads with Perry to trust him, and he lets go of the cage, just as Phineas opens a portal to another dimension. The group falls through a portal to a flower dimension, and they use the keys to unchain themselves.
The portal is still open, however, so the Norm Bots come through it, so Phineas closes the portal. Candace-2 is captured, and Doofenshmirtz-2, though enraged, goes on with the invasion of the 1st Dimension Tri-State Area. The group goes through numerous dimensions with the Norm Bots in pursuit.
As Buford, Baljeet and Isabella are talking in the park, Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Perry and Doofenshmirtz manage to get back in the 1st Dimension. At the same time, however, Doofenshmirtz-2 arrives at Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, retracts the roof as the Other Dimension-inator rises up and activates a portal, allowing millions of Norm-Bots to invade Danville. Candace-2, who has been imprisoned, is rescued by the 2nd Dimension Jeremy, and Phineas-2 and Ferb-2, who have taken on new clothing. After hugging her brothers, Candace tells the 3 of them to go with her to help stop Doofenshmirtz-2 from taking over the 1st Dimension, and they all leave.
Agent P is told by Major Monogram to assist the other agents in fighting the invading robots, while Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are simply told to go home. There, Perry’s locket, which Phineas has, beeps, leading them to Agent P’s lair. They receive a message, activated by the locket, saying that, the Tri-State Area is in an emergency level Alpha Red. Agent P thus needs their help, and that he knows they can help him because of their Big Ideas. Many of Phineas and Ferb’s inventions from past episodes of the series are replicated, and the kids from Danville take control of them, managing to save the agents, who were surrounded by the Norm Bots, and go to war with the Norm Bots. In the heat of battle, Phineas and Perry get to the top of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building, where they find Doofenshmirtz-2 sending off more of his robots. Perry fights Platyborg, while Phineas goes head-to-head with Doofenshmirtz-2, after he is caught trying to disable the portal.
Perry is eventually able to defeat Platyborg, who, with a chicken stuck on his head and corn in his hands, gets his tail stuck in an electrical socket and is electrocuted. Phineas realizes the dish is what controls the robots, so he goes for the baseball launcher, which Doofenshmirtz-2 grabs and is subsequently cornered by Doofenshmirtz-2, who aims at him with the baseball launcher. Perry hands Phineas a baseball bat, which he uses to hit the baseball that Doofenshmirtz-2 shoots at him from the launcher. The baseball hits the satellite which controls the Norm Bots, and they all fall to the ground, deactivated. Ferb, who has been climbing up the side of the building with plungers, reaches his brother and pet. An enraged Doofenshmirtz-2 emerges from the ground in the cockpit (sleeve) of a giant robot version of himself and goes to smash Phineas, Ferb, and Perry.
At that moment, Doofenshmirtz, who left his keys in the 2nd Dimension and has been trying to get his neighbor Mrs. Thompson to let him into the building, shows up, and unveils his toy train from his childhood, Choo-Choo. Once he sees his lost train, Doofenshmirtz-2 climbs down the robot, and embraces the toy.
Meanwhile, Candace, who has given up on becoming an adult, goes to the movie theater, where her parents Linda and Lawrence, have been. She tries to get her mom to go outside with her to see the grand battle that is going on in hopes that the mysterious force will make it disappear. Doofenshmirtz-2, who has now become less evil, apologizes for his wrongdoings, and reveals that he has had Self-Destruct buttons on his Norm Bots after all. He presses a button on a remote, and all the robots in the Tri-State Area blow up and disappear. Candace and Linda get outside, and find that all the robots have vanished, and that Candace has failed at busting her brothers – again, something she takes pride in.
Doofenshmirtz-2 returns to the 2nd Dimension, where he is arrested by Monogram-2 and the Firestorm Girls. The Resistance enters Danville, and thanks Phineas, Ferb, and Candace for all they’ve done. The Platyborg has had the evil “fried” out of him, and Phineas-2 and Ferb-2 rush to hug him, happy that their pet has returned. After the 2nd Dimension characters leave, Monogram and Carl show up, and tell Phineas and Ferb that Perry has to go away forever due to his secret being blown. The boys ask if there’s something else they can do to keep their pet, and Monogram and Carl remember that Doofenshmirtz built an Amnesia-inator, and that everyone agreed to have their memory of that whole day (including learning Perry’s identity as Agent P) so they can keep him.
Back at the O.W.C.A.’s headquarters, Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Jeremy, Buford, Isabella, Baljeet and others are lined up (Doofenshmirtz tied up for some reason) to get their memories erased. The brothers say their last good-byes to Agent P. As everyone got ready to get their memories erased, Isabella confirms with Monogram that no one will remember anything from today, then proceeding to kiss Phineas. Phineas was surprised and seemingly somewhat pleased at this, Isabella tells Carl fire the Amnesia-inator and Phineas yells "Wait! Wait! Wait!", but to no avail.
Later, Agent P enters his lair, and plugs his camera into the screen, and watches a slideshow of photos taken by he and his owners during their adventure. He smiles and saves the pictures.
For a full transcript of Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, click here.
- Everything's Better with Perry
- Quirky Worky Song
- Mysterious Force (cut song)
- He's Doof (shortened version of original rendition)
- Brand New Best Friend (formerly called Doof Duet)
- Victory Gum
- Summer (Where Do We Begin?) (formerly called That's What Summer Means (Summer Season))
- I Walk Away
- Baljeet Explanation
- Brand New Reality
- Robot Riot
- Perry the Platypus (song) (instrumental)
- Takin' Care of Things (shortened in television broadcasts; full version used in its soundtrack and on DVD release)
- Kick It Up A Notch (played during credits in television broadcasts and on Netflix)
|The image gallery for Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension may be viewed here.|
I know what we're gonna do today
Phineas: Ferb, I think I know what we're gonna do today.
Phineas: Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today! We're gonna save the entire Tri-State Area!
The "Too Young" Line
Phineas: (Line in song) But we're a little young to be doin' what we're doin', yeah.
Ferb: (imitates Perry's chatter)
Phineas: (To Perry) Of course, Ferb and I knew exactly what to call you.
Young Phineas and Ferb: Bartholemew.
Phineas: (To Perry) So, not only have you been leading a double life this whole time, but you sat there and let us help an evil scientist open an evil portal into an evil dimension. And you did nothing to stop us?
Ferb: Well, he did pee on the couch.
Ferb (Line in song): ♪ It's noticeably warmer ♪
Phineas: You know, I used to think you couldn't spell "platypus" without "us".
Ferb: Well, you can, but it would just be "Platyp".
Ferb: Whoa. Deja-vu-ish.
Ferb: Well, we've had a lot of great days, but we only have one Perry.
Sings in Everything's Better with Perry, Summer (Where Do We Begin?) and Kick It Up A Notch.
Isabella (2nd Dimension): (Tough voice) What'cha doin'?
Perry's entrance to his lair
A tube behind a painting, he lifts it and gets sucked in, Perry ends up being in a tube elevator and riding down to his lair, he sees and salutes Pinky, a lot of old agents are seen too. Phineas and Ferb use exactly the same entrance later in the movie, and at the last scene, Perry is seen going down the elevator.
Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: Hey where's Perry?
Phineas: Hey, where's Perr- Oh, that's right...
Phineas: Hey, where is Dr. D?
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!, When Doofenshmirtz sees the blimp the jingle (remixed) is heard in the background, Doofenshmirtz Evil News Broadcast!, Doofenshmirtz Evil News Update!
- Main article: Memorable Quotes
- Phineas and Ferb bought Perry in a pet store that is owned by Carl (in a girl disguise) and Major Monogram (younger).
- Despite Mysterious Force being cut from the movie, the movie still has a total of 14 songs, with 13 original ones. This makes the feature have more songs than "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"
- This is the first time Phineas and Ferb are shown tied up and chained. The second time was in "Escape from Phineas Tower."
- A DVD was released on August 23.
- A video game adaptation was released for the Wii, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo DS on August 2.
- A soundtrack was released on August 2 as well.
- An online game, Phineas and Ferb The Movie Game: The Dimension of Doooom!, was created similar to Transport-inators of Doooom!. Here, Phineas, Ferb, Perry, and the 2nd Dimension's Candace are playable characters. The full game was first seen on June 17, 2011. It may also indicate that the 2nd Dimension's Isabella has a crush on Ferb, but it is not shown in the movie. Given the game's status as non-canon, this is most likely untrue.
- The official website went online on June 17, 2011, and states that there are at least 6 dimensions. All of these (except the 5th Dimension) are shown in the movie.
- The Fourth wall is broken three times:
- During Brand New Best Friend, both Doofenshmirtzes break the Fourth wall by mentioning that Meap was played by Lorenzo Lamas.
- They also look at the screen while saying this.
- Phineas breaks the Fourth wall by having his eyes staring directly at the screen during Summer (Where Do We Begin?).
- Phineas also breaks the Fourth wall by "cutting corners" when the movie arrives where it started ("Blah blah blah, two-car garage, blah blah."). Ferb also exclaims "Whoa, deja-vu-ish." in that same scene.
- During Brand New Best Friend, both Doofenshmirtzes break the Fourth wall by mentioning that Meap was played by Lorenzo Lamas.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?), Phineas begins to sing some of the lyrics from the Phineas and Ferb Theme.
- It is revealed that Ferb leads a double-life as well. Although it could have been a joke or a reference to Phineas and Ferb's double-life with making inventions without their mom knowing, or a reference to the "The Beak" or "Ready For The Bettys".
- Isabella and Phineas kiss for the first time.
- This is the first time that Ferb cries, though it is only briefly shown.
- The Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh lookalikes appear.
- Even though this is the longest running Phineas and Ferb event, Ferb has fewer lines than he did in others, such as "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!".
- This is the first time that the outside of the O.W.C.A Headquarters is shown.
- Carl is seen without his glasses for the first time.
- It is revealed that Carl used to wear braces, and Monogram had black hair.
- Phineas bats left handed. In "Toy to the World" he writes left handed, and in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!" he says that he wants a left-handed flange tuner. The movie's video game also states he is left handed. From these examples it is clear that Phineas is left handed, but in "Don't Even Blink" he was shown to be ambidextrous as he played the guitar with both hands.
- It's revealed that Jeremy is 16, one year older than Candace as she is 15.
- Phineas notices how Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building looks similar to Ferb's head.
- During the ABC premiere of "PF2D", a world premiere episode of "Take Two with Phineas and Ferb" (Guest Starring Miss Piggy) aired during a commercial break.
- Right before "Brand New Reality", Ferb has a scared expression.
- At the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, Dan Povenmire is nominated in the category of "Outstanding Voice-Over Performance" for his performance as Dr. Doofenshmirtz in this film. He lost to Maurice LaMarche who won for voicing various characters in the Futurama episode "The Silence of the Clamps".
- A Goozim makes another appearance. Goozims previously appeared in "Got Game?" and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!".
- During the song Everything's Better with Perry, Perry is referred to as a monotreme for a third time. He was called a monotreme in "Swiss Family Phineas" and "Misperceived Monotreme".
- The "Homer's Odyssey" is seen again. It was previously seen in "Magic Carpet Ride".
- Like in "Interview With A Platypus", Phineas and Ferb imitate Perry's chatter again.
- This is the fifth time a much younger Phineas is seen, while it is the third for Ferb. Previous instances are in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", "Oh, There You Are, Perry", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You! " and "Ain't No Kiddie Ride".
- Monogram says, "Behind you, rising dramatically from the floor" again. He first said it in "Tip of the Day".
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz-1 makes a fake Perry the Platypus (Pretendy the Practicepus). The first time was in "Just Passing Through" when he made "Bobblehead Perry the Platypus".
- The man that is driving the tow was seen in"Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!" while the tow was seen in"Hip Hip Parade".
- Despite having a previous encounter in Candace's dream from "Wizard of Odd", and seeing him through a reprogrammed video game in "Brain Drain", this is the first time Phineas and Ferb actually meet Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- This is the second time inter-dimensional travel is mentioned ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo").
- Much like in "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Vanessassary Roughness", and "She's the Mayor", Doofenshmirtz's Inator is related to dimensions.
- This is second time Phineas and Ferb's Invention hit Doofenshmirtz' Inator, first was in "Candace's Big Day".
- This is the second time Dr. Doofenshmirtz has been seen as the ruler of a Tri-state Area since "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo".
- Doofenshmirtz refers Monogram as "Francis" again. He first called him "Francis" during "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown".
- Doofenshmirtz-1 interacts with himself for the second time. The first is in "Run Away Runway" when he made clones of himself.
- The song Brand New Best Friend is the third song in which two people appear getting dressed as different characters. The others were "Hey Ferb" from "Rollercoaster: The Musical!" and Just the Two of Us from "Canderemy".
- Doofenshmirtz and 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz sing together, the second time someone does a duet with himself/herself, the first being Candace during Me, Myself and I in "Split Personality".
- However, this is the first time this happens with two or more characters in a single episode (Phineas and Ferb in Summer (Where Do We Begin?). This is also the first time this happens more than once in a single episode/song.
- This is the fourth time Phineas and Ferb see Perry as a secret agent but the first time they don't mistake him for something else and know it's really Perry. They previously mistaken him for a toy in "Toy to the World". They once saw him in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", but since the episode took place in Perry's dream, it didn't actually happen. They also mistaken him for a video-game character in "Brain Drain".
- Succeeding "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", this is the second time Phineas gets genuinely angry about something.
- The skull that Perry gets his feet stuck in after they jump out the window has the same horns as Heinz Doofenshmirtz's father's headgear.
- This is the third time that Phineas and Ferb interact with Norm since "Greece Lightning" and "Traffic Cam Caper".
- Ferb carries a handkerchief with him, as does his other dimension counterpart, seen when other dimension Phineas is hugging Perry. Ferb previously brought a handkerchief in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!".
- 2nd Dimension Isabella's uniform looks similar to the uniforms that 1st Dimension Isabella's troop wore when they parodied Howl in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!".
- Following "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo","Split Personality", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", and "Make Play", this is the fifth time that two or more Candaces or someone identical to her are seen.
- Doofenshmirtz-2 says "I've got you and your little friends, too," parodying The Wizard of Oz, the same way Doofenwitch said "I'll get you, and your little platypus too" in "Wizard of Odd".
- Doofenshmirtz-2 has problems for seeing the hour of his watch much like his 1st Dimension counterpart in "Elementary My Dear Stacy".
- Candace mentions that something weird is not the weirdest thing. ("Wizard of Odd")
- The "If I had a nickel" line is used again. The line was previously used in "Wizard of Odd" and "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!".
- Doofenshmirtz and Doofenshmirtz-2 say "oh, poop". 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz said this in "Moon Farm".
- During the part where Ferb hot-wires the Norm bot, the Norm bot says that "I lost my bike", which may reference to the running gag in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", also could be an allusion to Norm's phrase (Have You seen my keys?) in "Greece Lightning".
- During Brand New Reality, one of the dimensions looks like the same background used during Carpe Diem and Izzy's Got the Frizzies in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"' and "Robot Rodeo" respectively.
- Second time that Baljeet wonders why is Perry wearing a hat since "Wizard of Odd".
- Ben Baxter from "Flop Starz" makes a cameo.
- The man that asked the Too-Young Line in "Spa Day" is seen again, he also appeared "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!".
- Third time Doofenshmirtz forgets/loses his keys ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "Moon Farm").
- Love Händel makes another appearance.
- This is the second time Phineas and Ferb are seen in Perry's lair following "Ready for the Bettys".
- Phineas's line "Let's kick some robot chassis!" is similar to his line "Let's kick some robot hiney!" in "Traffic Cam Caper".
- Candace sees Perry as an agent again . She previously saw him in "The Ballad of Badbeard", "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!" and "Wizard of Odd".
- Animal agents of past episodes appeared such as Peter the Panda ("It's About Time!"), Pinky the Chihuahua ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap"), Agent E ("The Ballad of Badbeard"), Agent M ("Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown"), Unnamed frog agent, Agent C ("Traffic Cam Caper").
- Buford's gladiator hat from "Greece Lightning" is seen again.
- Following "The Magnificent Few", "Out of Toon", "Hail Doofania!", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", and "Ain't No Kiddie Ride", this is the sixth time Isabella is seen interested in horses/unicorns.
- Robot Riot, is the second song in this show to mention a "washing machine" in the lyrics, the other being Technology vs. Nature from "Perry Lays an Egg".
- Baljeet and Irving work together for the first time despite the fact that Baljeet doesn't like Irving in "Hide and Seek" and "Atlantis".
- Doofenshmirtz-1 finds the model train in a box marked, "VHS tapes." In "Tip of the Day" he gets rid of what he thinks is an unimportant box, but finds to his dismay that there was an embarrassing video inside.
- This is the second time Ferb says Perry's name. The first was when he said the "Where's Perry" line in "Fireside Girl Jamboree".
- This is the second time that Phineas, Ferb and Isabella meet Major Monogram and Carl. First was in "Undercover Carl".
- This is the third time Baljeet meets Monogram since "Undercover Carl" and "Wizard of Odd", the second time that Buford meets Monogram since "Wizard of Odd", the third time Jeremy sees Monogram since "Lizard Whisperer" and "Wizard of Odd", and the second time Candace sees Monogram following "The Ballad of Badbeard".
- Carl states that Doofenshmirtz made an Amnesia-inator. Doofenshmirtz previously created -inators related to memory in "Tip of the Day" and "A Real Boy".
- This is the second time someone "Sweats out of their eyes" when they were really crying. The first was Buford in "Voyage to the Bottom of Buford".
- Much like in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", numerous images appear at the end of a song.
- Second time Phineas and Ferb are seen with military-style hairdos. ("Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!")
- Doofenshmirtz says, "Let's light this pop stand." This malapropism combines Phineas's take on astronaut Alan Shepard's "Let's light this candle" ("Out to Launch") and Candace's "Let's blow this pop stand" ("Wizard of Odd").
- Second time there is a fight between platypi ("Cheer Up Candace").
- The music playing when Carl begins presenting the gadgets to Perry is the same as the music when Phineas and Ferb were teaching Lawrence how to play 80's synthesizer ("Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!").
- Second time Doofenshmirtz (or his counterpart) calls his guards ("Wizard of Odd").
- Second time someone's memory is wiped to preserve Perry's identity ("I Was a Middle Aged Robot").
- Movie description from the Amazon press release:
- When Phineas and Ferb accidentally help the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz complete his latest creation that will finally take control of the Tri-State Area, they get zapped into a new dimension, where they meet their alternate selves! In this new dimension, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is the leader of the Tri-State Area, and even worse—summer vacation doesn't exist! Will Phineas and Ferb figure out a way to get back to Danville, or will they be stuck in this alternate dimension forever?
- The movie was first announced by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh during a January 2010 interview with the Daily Telegraph.
- Dialogue for the movie began recording the week of April 26, 2010.
- Preliminary storyboards for the special, including the opening song Everything's Better with Perry, were shown at Comic-Con on July 25, 2010.
- This movie would have been be in cinemas in the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium
- A brief teaser trailer for this film was on The Sorcerer's Apprentice DVD. The trailer did not have any new footage nor any new information on the plot, nor did the trailer teaser from Asia.
- The original title was "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension In Fabulous 2D", which can still be seen in the opening of the movie. The translation of this title is still being used in Latin American commercials for the movie.
- Concept Art and Storyboard images were shown in Disney Channel Asia's 2011 Sneak Peek.
- The first trailer was released on June 7 which revealed the official release date of August 5.
- A sneak peek of Summer (Where Do We Begin?) was shown at Times Talks on July 9, 2011.
- In Disney Channel Asia, some scenes were changed:
- Baljeet's line after trading cards with Buford, "Sucker", was deleted.
- The scene where 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz calls 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz an idiot was also deleted.
- In other versions shown in different countries including Asia, Spain and France, the ending was the full version of Takin' Care of Things that added a picture of Phineas and Ferb imitating the statue of 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz beside them and the outro of Everything's Better with Perry instead of Kick It Up A Notch. The same ending is used for DVD release of the movie.
- Disney Channel Asia then released a special version of the movie with Kick It Up A Notch on November 19, 2011.
- The Movie was Originally going to be an 11 minute episode but changed later on. 
Domestic Premieres (inside the USA)
(All times Eastern/Pacific)
- July 23, 2011 — San Diego Comic-Con
- August 1, 2011 — Available on demand (Cablevision, Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T)
- August 5, 2011 (8 pm) — Premiere on Disney Channel with a mobile simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV
- August 13, 2011 (10 am) — Premiere on Disney XD
- August 18, 2011 — Premiere on Disney Cruise Line
- August 20, 2011 (4:30 pm) — Premiere on the ABC Television Network
- September 24, 2011 (4:30 pm) — Premiere on ABC Family
- August 5, 2011 — Family Channel Canada
- August 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Taiwan and Hong Kong
- August 5, 2011 - Pogo TV India
- August 20, 2011 — Disney XD Canada
- August 21, 2011 — Disney Channel Brazil and Latin America
- August 27, 2011 — Disney Channel Asia
- August 27, 2011 - TV Asahi Japan
- August 27, 2011 - KBS South Korea
- September 3, 2011 — Disney Channel Germany
- September 9, 2011 — Disney XD Germany
- September 11, 2011 — Disney XD Brazil and Latin America
- September 17, 2011 — Disney Channel Portugal
- September 25, 2011 — Disney Channel India
- September 30, 2011 — Disney Channel UK/Ireland and Australia/NZ
- September 30, 2011 - Super RTL Germany
- October 2, 2011 — Disney XD India
- October 5, 2011 — Disney Channel France
- October 6, 2011 — Disney XD UK
- October 8, 2011 — Disney Channel Greece
- October 14, 2011 — Disney Channel and Disney XD, Scandinavia
- October 15, 2011 — Disney Channel Japan
- October 22, 2011 — Disney Channel and Disney XD, Italy
- October 28, 2011 — Disney Channel Israel
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Middle East and Africa
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel and Disney XD, Poland
- November 5, 2011 — Disney XD France
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Hungary
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Bulgaria
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Czech Republic
- November 5, 2011 — Disney XD Turkey
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Turkey
- November 5, 2011 — Disney Channel Romania
- November 20, 2011 — Disney XD Netherlands
- November 25, 2011 — Disney Channel Netherlands and Flanders
- December 2, 2011 — Disney Channel Spain
- December 8, 2011 — SIC Portugal
- December 15, 2011 — Disney Channel Israel
- December 23, 2011 — Disney XD Spain
- January 9, 2012 — Rede Telecine Brazil
- February 25, 2012 — Disney Channel Kazakhstan
- April 8, 2012 - Rai 2 Italy
- April 21, 2012 — Disney Channel Russia
- May 4, 2012 — Disney Channel Korea
- August 18, 2012 - CCTV 6 China
- September 4, 2012 - TVP1 Poland
- August 4, 2011 — El Capitán Theater in Los Angeles, CA
- August 11, 2011 — Metropolitan Theater in México, D.F.
- August 31, 2011 — Spain
The movie's initial reviews are generally positive. Matt Blum of the Wired.com website claims that "this is truly an instant classic, right up there with some of the best cartoons ever made". Los Angeles Times Television Critic Robert Lloyd enjoyed Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension as well, noting "a hint of emotional depth, regarding the love between animals and the people who live with them". Cartoonclack praised that the TV movie based on a kid’s cartoon can be smart, entertaining, and, dare I say it … moving. Bigshinyrobot states that the movie was really enjoyable that the songs are catchy (especially the opening number about Perry), and the dialogue is witty. Some things may go over children’s heads, such as references to a Georgia O’Keefe and existentialists such as Kierkegaard, Sartre and Nietzsche, but this makes it a movie that any age will love.
In Spain, it was the 8th most seen movie in August 2011 and the most seen cartoon-movie of August 2011.
“Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension” was easily the No. 1 Friday TV telecast this summer in Total Viewers, and beat all broadcast competition head to head among Adults 18-49 (1.7 million/1.3 rating). Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension was cable's top movie of the year in total viewers, averaging 7.6 million to its premiere telecast. The film would have 7.642 million watch it, good for 2nd among all shows. The Saturday morning encore also did well, with 4.42 million people watching it, good for #22 for the week. On IMDB, the film has an 8.2 user rating with 466 votes, which would be good for no worse than 76th for all movies, no worse than 26th among adventure movies, no worse than 5th for animated films, and no worse than 8th for family films and 3rd among film made in the 2010s. Disney XD’s debut was the number one movie telecast on record. For kids ages 6–11 and boys 6-11 it ranked 3rd for the target demos. For boys 6-14 it ranked 4th of all telecasts on the channel. ABC's broadcast of Disney's Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension emerged as the #1 most-watched animated cable telecast of all time in Kids 2-11 coming in with an average audience of 10.7 million viewers. In India, The channel received an overwhelming response from its viewers and stood at No. 1 not just in the kid’s genre, but across all channels (Total TV) with 21% share of viewing in Hindi Speaking Markets (HSM) during the primary telecast of the movie. The movie premiere ranked No. 1 among all programs across the kid’s genre this week and delivered a TVR of 2.9 among all kids (CS 4-14 ABC) in HSM. Disney Channel also ranked #1 for Moms and rated higher than all kids, lifestyle and youth channels.
- In a Promotional image of Everything's Better with Perry, Phineas's hair was green. This was corrected in the movie's release.
- In a screenshot where Phineas and Ferb (both 1st and 2nd Dimensions), and Buford of the 2nd dimension are released by the Firestorm Girls, it appears that Buford has a strange eye-bug on his right eye.
- When Major Monogram tells Phineas and Ferb they can't see Perry anymore Carl seems to have a smile on his face for unknown reasons.
- In the flashback of when younger Phineas and Ferb adopted Perry, partial parts of Candace's shoulders were seen through the lower part of her hair.
- In a flashback from "Oh, There You Are, Perry", Phineas looked younger when he had Perry. In the movie however, he looked a little older.
- When Doofenshmirtz sees the couch in the other dimension, his lab changes to its normal dark purple color.
- In some promotional shots of the 2nd dimension Phineas and Ferb, they had their 1st dimension counterparts' apricot skin instead of their usual grey skin, but this was fixed before the movie premiere.
- Perry the Platyborg's limb armor frequently changes throughout the film. In his first appearance, both his hands are made of metal. Later on, his left hand is not made of metal. Near the end, when the evil is "fried" out of him, both hands are not made of metal anymore and what is left to be metal are just parts of his arms.
- Despite having his eyeball in a pouch, 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz's eye-patch takes the shape of his eye.
- The alarm clock goes off at 7:00 am. The boys go through an extend montage for "Everything's Better with Perry", including making popcorn, and the clock is still at 7:00 am.
- When Phineas was angry at Perry, the skull was red. When Perry opens the window, the skull was in a proper color it should be.
- This could be due to the color of the lighting in the room.
- When Phineas was mad at Perry in the far shots the skull was to his left. When Perry pushes it to open the window, it appears to be directly behind him.
- When Ferb was falling off the building the skull that had a horn and antler that Phineas and Perry were falling with Ferb. Ferb was on the side with the antler and when Perry deploys his parachute Ferb was holding the side with the horn. In the same scene, Agent P placed his feet into the eyes of the skull. The skull was pointing down, but when Agent P deployed his parachute, the skull was pointing up.
- When the Platyborg extends his retractable wings, his retractable wing's shadow wasn't showing when he extended it to get Phineas, Ferb and Perry while swooping down the DEI building.
- When the Norm Bot who was hit by the skeleton head fell behind Platyborg, he was the proper color, but when the Norm Bot said he was a painting, parts of his armor was reddish-brown.
- When Phineas was about to ring the doorbell of their house in the second dimension, Perry's eyes went from brown, to blue, then back to brown.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?), when Phineas sings "Summer, bicycles and roller skates" he is seen in a close up with a blue helmet, but in the next shot the helmet is red. At one point during the song, Ferb-2's shirt button flickers gray.
- Also, when Phineas-2 is singing in the same song, his shirt has stripes on his left sleeve until the camera changes.
- When Perry is leaving to surrender himself the door is to his left but Phineas points and Perry leaves to the right but when he exits the house the door is again on his left.
- When the Firestorm Girls release the boys, Gretchen-2's pants are silver instead of brown.
- On the way to Doofenshmitz's-2 building in the tunnels, there are four mine carts, but on the way back, there are three.
- During the mine car chase, Ferb takes off his sneakers to use them like nun chucks. However, they are back on his feet by the next scene.
- Also during the same scene, when Candace-2 says, "let's dance" the knot on Candace-2's black bandana is detached and floating a few inches away from her head.
- When Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are watching Candace-2 fight the robot, the side of the mine car is missing.
- When Isabella-2 warns Candace-2 that they were slowing down, Isabella-2 doesn't have her gloves on. She has her gloves back on again when she tells Candace-2 that the mine cart's motor was overheating.
- If Phineas and Ferb's remote couldn't travel directly to their dimension, because they would need a lot of energy, how could the Other Dimension-Inator open a portal directly to Danville and not to the next dimension clockwise?
- 2nd Dimension Jeremy's gloves disappeared on the part where the lock on the door of 2nd Dimension Candace's cell was burned off. However, it reappears when he salutes to 2nd Dimension Candace.
- When the kids of Danville get ready for battle in Phineas and Ferb's recreated inventions, the sleigh and their "flying" beds from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!" are seen, even though that episode chronologically takes place after the summer of the series which the movie is set in. It might be that the series takes place over multiple summers or that this episode happens before the others.
- When it shows the continent-painting helicopter shortly before the Robot Riot, it is black instead of the normal white.
- Shortly before Robot Riot starts, Adyson and Milly from the 2nd dimension and the Frozen Yogurt machine can be seen in one of the chariots. After all of Phineas and Ferb's inventions are gathered, the same chariot with the Frozen Yogurt Machine can be seen in the background, but Adyson and Milly from the 1st Dimension are aboard.
- During Robot Riot the 1st Dimension Adyson suddenly rides one of the scrubbers.
- In one scene, the Unnamed Buford lookalike in the giant bowling ball is wearing a black shirt in the first shot, but has an orange shirt in the second.
- When Baljeet is flying in The Beak, the rocket boosters are seen, but nothing is coming out of them, meaning flight should be impossible, but as he put his legs in normal position, a bit of flare can been seen from rocket boosters. In addition, the Beak suit changes scale in the middle of the song, becoming about the size of a normal person.
- After Candace and Stacy crash their tree house robots, before they prepare to run, Candace seems to have a missing right leg.
- In the beginning, when Perry pees on the couch, it is the middle cushion he pees on, and 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz flipped it upside-down. Later, when Phineas throws the peed-on cushion at 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, he throws the cushion on the left of the couch and it's the side which Doofenshmirtz flipped.
- After Phineas throws the cushion at Doofenshmirtz-2, the cushion can be seen back on the couch in a later scene.
- After hitting Agent P's football helmet during Perry the Platyborg and Agent P's fight, Perry the Platyborg's right metal hand is gone to show a blue paw, though throughout the movie it was always metal. It was possible that it broke off, though.
- The actor of That Darn Fiancé is shown with a goatee and mustache in the movie, but when Candace and Linda are talking in the front of the Movie Theater, the advertisement behind them shows the actor with a "clean shave".
- Near the end, Linda says that she is almost out of popcorn, but it is actually nearly full, but this could have been an intentional visual gag.
- When Ferb went up in the air by the platypult, his shirt button was missing.
- Right before Ferb went up in the air by the platypult, the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building was facing the opposite way it was facing after Ferb was launched.
- When Perry whistled to alert Phineas he was going to "tail-slap" the baseball bat it had a taped grip. When Phineas catches it however, it does not.
- In the end, when Phineas-2 reunites with Perry the Platyborg, he correctly points out that the evil was been fried out of him, despite the fact that he had no way of knowing that the 2nd dimension Perry's evil had been had been fried in his fight with Agent P.
- Near the end, both Perry and 2nd Dimension Perry salute with their left paw. This is a common error on TV.
- When Major Monogram tells the boys they know too much near the end, a part of Carl's glasses are pink.
- Major Monogram says they have no way of erasing memories, forcing them to use Doofenshmirtz's Amnesia-inator, but in "I Was a Middle Aged Robot" the agency had a memory eraser, although it can only be used for one person. Perhaps to save time, they just used the Amnesia-inator.
- After the final battle, when the characters are getting their memories wiped, only Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Doofenshmirtz, Isabella, Buford, Baljeet, Stacy, Jeremy, and the Fireside Girls are shown. Other characters who are shown in the Robot Riot scene but not getting their memories wiped include Irving, Albert, Django, Love Händel, Jenny and other kids (although their memories could have been wiped later or that those whose memories were wiped only include those who knew of Perry's secret).
- Although Jeremy was touring a college with his father that day, he appears at the end of the day to have his memory wiped. (Nevertheless, this error may be resolved since he has been seen with Candace, Baljeet, Ferb, Isabella and Buford as Phineas has been telling them how 2nd dimension Candace took down Norm bots. It is possible that he was told of Perry's secret because of having Perry communicating with Major Monogram without hiding his cover from them, which includes Jeremy, while Phineas was talking. Hence, the brain wiping was necessary).
- During the deleted Scene "Memory Wipe:
- The Fireside Girls are suddenly dressed as their 2nd dimension counterparts, but just the color scheme instead of the clothes.
- If you look closely, Baljeet's head isn't attached.
- During Kick It Up A Notch, Phineas's spike bracelet on his left arm disappears throughout the song.
- Though Olivia Olson (Vanessa Doofenshmirtz) sings the song I Walk Away (when Perry is leaving to surrender to Doofenshmirtz-2), Vanessa herself does not appear at all in the movie, yet is listed in the credits as having appeared. Her scenes are restored in the "Deleted scenes" section of the DVD, in both her 1st Dimension ("Doof's Lair") and 2nd Dimension ("Vanessa Meets Doof") incarnations.
- After Stacy and Candace come out the tree house robots that are destroyed, Candace's shoes strangely become sneakers.
- In the Robot Riot sequence, while Baljeet slaps his way against the Norm-bots, parts of the cell-shading of The Beak Suit's neck was seen in front of his headgear.
- In one point at one of the deleted scenes in "Robot Riot", Gretchen-2 is smashing the Norm Bots even if she is supposed to be back at the 2nd dimension. She could, however, may have got into the 1st dimension earlier. Also, it's just Gretchen colored with Gretchen-2's color scheme.
- When Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Agent P, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz are falling into the portal and escape Goozim, for a brief second the camera cuts to Alternate Doofenshmirtz, with his right eye showing and his eye-patch to the side.
- When Ferb gets the baseball back after Phineas hits it a section of Perry's arm is orange.
- When Candace and Stacy get out of their tree house robots, Candace's robot is orange instead of pink.
- In "Brand New Reality", before the baby alien is about to eat the Norm Bots, some parts of the robots are blue.
- In this song, Phineas' eyes become transparent in one scene.
- After Candace and Stacy went out of their crushed robots, Stacy's hair was cut quickly when she got up.
- In the deleted scene "Inventions Revealed" when Phineas says "Somehow, Perry has replicated all of our inventions" his mouth doesn't move.
- When Phineas-2 was saying if he can hold Perry a little longer, his neck was transparent.
- In "Summer (Where Do We Begin?)", when Phineas 2 and Ferb 2 are seen shivering, Ferb 2's button is missing.
- After Phineas-2 told Candace-2 how they felt when their Perry disappeared, There is a close-up on Candace-2 and she had a short sleeve on her right arm.
- When Perry is about to import the photos, he lifts up his hat and retrieves his camera from a hole or depression in his skull that is not normally there.
- In "Everything's Better with Perry", when they said, "Breathing in and out," Phineas's shoe sole is blue instead of white.
- When Carl tells Perry about the watch, behind Perry is a platypus suit. It's color is blue and shows it only has one glove. But when the hologram of Major Monogram points to the real one, the suit's chest color is white and it has a belt. And when Carl tells Perry the watch also gives and incredible ice cream headache, the suit now has two gloves.
- During "Robot Riot", if you compare the extended version and the one that's not, the tree houses impact in different times: in the normal, they collide while Phineas was still battling. But in the extended they impact when Phineas and Perry where in Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
- Despite of having a normal childhood, Doofenshmirtz-2, knows Balloony, this is impossible because he drew Balloony because he had no friends.
- When Phineas-2 sees and hugs Perry the picture frames on the left were re-sized but after the scene Ferb cried, it was back again to its original size. (Including the Flynn-Fletcher frame was re-sized.)
- Phineas destroyed the dish that powered the portal, however in a scene a few seconds later, when the Norm Bots are falling from the sky, the dish is still there, and the portal is still open.
- When Candace drags Linda out of her seat at the movie theater, making her way outside, Linda's pants are fully black.
- During one part of "Inventions Revealed," while the camera zooms in on the inventions, if you look closely you can see a bull in front of its platform (look to the right of the pink Tree House Robot's hand).
- Carl calls it the "Amnesia-Inator", but in the deleted scene there is a sign that says "Memory-Erase-Inator".
- Before the song Brand New Reality, Doofenshmirtz turns back, gets hit then falls backwards, but in the next scene, Doofenshmirtz falls forward, doing a front flip.
- When Isabella kisses Phineas, Buford has no eyebrows.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?):
- Phineas only changed the scene of 1 window in the song to his backyard view. However, 2 windows can be seen changed later.
- The strap hanging Ferb's guitar to his body switched between purple and red during the song.
- When Isabella-2 and the Firestorm Girls are tying up Phineas, Ferb, and their 2nd Dimension counterparts, Phineas-2 and Ferb-2's skin is less pale.
- Carl uses the same costume from "I Scream, You Scream" when he gives Perry to the Flynn-Fletchers.
- Despite Monogram mentioning that Carl was a rookie in "I Scream, You Scream", the flashback shows that he has been working in the O.W.C.A. for years.
- A poster of the missing Mr. Cat from "Spa Day" is seen again.
- Some of Doofenshmirtz's -inators reappear, including:
- The Go-Away-Inator from "Candace Gets Busted";
- The Carbon-footprint-inator from "Suddenly Suzy";
- The Hot-dog-vender-revenge-inator from "Backyard Aquarium";
- The Omni-direction amplifier from "The Lizard Whisperer";
- The Nanny-inator from "The Baljeatles";
- The Eradicate-Rodney's-Inator-inator from "Robot Rodeo";
- The De-Evolutionator from "Phineas and Ferb Hawaiian Vacation";
- The Drill-Inator from "Candace Loses Her Head";
- The Alien-Inator from "Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!";
- The Turn-Everything-Evil-Inator from "Day of the Living Gelatin";
- The Freeze-nator from "It's About Time!".
- Some of Phineas and Ferb's old Big Ideas are seen in Mysterious Force: the chariot race, the Spinning Tops of Doom, Rover and a machine for the Tri-State Area Unification Day.
- Balloony from "The Chronicles of Meap" is reappears, albeit multiple and multicolored.
- A pink version of the Gunther Goat Cheese's restaurant's Goat costume from "Raging Bully" appears.
- Doofenshmirtz mentions his love for almond brittle, as revealed in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!".
- Doofenshmirtz mentions Meap. Previously, Meap appeared in "The Chronicles of Meap", was mentioned in "Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers", and made two cameos in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!".
- During Brand New Best Friend one Doofenshmirtz and 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz are dressed up in the Summer All The Time collection from "Run Away Runway", while lounging in Phineas and Ferb's backyard.
- Doofenshmirtz asking if the potted plant is a secret agent may be a reference to Planty the Potted Plant from "No More Bunny Business".
- Buford eats Victory Gum, which has a jingle similar to Tuff Gum from "Suddenly Suzy", and seems to be a parody of it.
- Choo-choo re-appears. It was first mentioned by Doofenshmirtz when he mentions "Is that Doofenshmirtz's Choo-choo?" in "Not Phineas and Ferb".
- Some of Doofenshmirtz's back-stories were mentioned, including:
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?) Phineas is seen in a balloon from the episode "S'Winter".
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?) Ferb is sleeping in the boat wearing the bucket hat from the episode "Vanessassary Roughness".
- Phineas tells Phineas-2 and Ferb-2 after Summer (Where Do We Begin?) they built a roller coaster in "Rollercoaster", became one-hit wonders in "Flop Starz" and traveled through time in "It's About Time!".
- This is the third time Candace's allergy to wild parsnips is mentioned since "Jerk De Soleil" and "Let's Take a Quiz".
- The lawn gnomes from "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror", "Got Game?", and "The Chronicles of Meap" reappear.
- The baby alien from "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Vanessassary Roughness", and "She's the Mayor" appears again .
- The Talking Zebra is shown in an alternate dimension reading a newspaper with a headline that reads 'Kevin Wins Election', a reference to him telling Candace 'I voted for you, Kevin' in "Nerds of a Feather". This could also being an allusion to the brief moment of Candace as mayor in "She's the Mayor".
- Many of Phineas and Ferb's previous Big Ideas appear during the battle sequence.
- The Coolest Coaster Ever from "Rollercoaster", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!";
- The Candace Crusher from"It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World";
- The Phinedroids and Ferbots from "I, Brobot";
- The tree house robots from "Tree to Get Ready";
- The Baseball Launchers and Meap's modified spaceship, both from "The Chronicles of Meap";
- The Platy-posterior from "Perry Lays an Egg";
- The Giant bowling ball from "Bowl-R-Ama Drama";
- The helicopter that painted the Unpainted Desert in "Oil on Candace";
- The Paper Pelican from "De Plane! De Plane!";
- The mechanical bulls from "Robot Rodeo";
- The Beak suit from "The Beak";
- The Spinning Tops of Doom from "Phineas and Ferb-Busters!";
- The Sun-Beater 3000 from "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!";
- Rover from "Canderemy";
- The mechanical shark from "The Belly of the Beast";
- The kiddie rides from "Ain't No Kiddie Ride";
- The Lawn mower engine powered-Chariots from "Greece Lightning";
- The ATV from "The Secret of Success";
- The hot-air balloons from "Last Train to Bustville";
- The Anti-Gravity Fun Launcher from "Undercover Carl";
- The machine for making a giant bubbles from "Bubble Boys";
- The Self Balancing Monster Unicycle from "Wizard of Odd";
- The F-Games' Giant Foosball Server from "Got Game?";
- Santa's sleigh from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!";
- The Dual tobaggans from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!
- The Pinhead Pierre suit from "Out of Toon";
- A red version of the lemonade machine from "Lemonade Stand";
- The racecar 42 from "The Fast and the Phineas";
- The Scrubbers from "At the Car Wash";
- The submarine from "Voyage to the Bottom of Buford";
- The Holy Mackerel from "The Flying Fishmonger";
- The blimp from "I Was a Middle-Aged Robot";
- The Frozen Yogurt Machine from "The Lizard Whisperer";
- The Shrinking Submarine from "Journey to the Center of Candace" (Deleted Scene);
- The Platypult
- The robotic hands used by Isabella in Floor After Floor from "The Doof Side of the Moon" (Only the suspension and bottom of the platform is visible).
- A gray version of the machine used for the Tri-State Area Unification Day from "Hip Hip Parade" (It carries the shark. Note that the lemonade machine and parade machine may have been miscolored).
- Albert can be seen wearing his dragon outfit from the Stumbleberry Finkbat movie series that he used in "Nerds of a Feather".
- The title is probably a parody of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
- Duck Soup - The mirror scene is parodied with the two Doofs.
- The Bible - Alt-Doofenshmirtz is disappointed that no one laughs at his wordplay and comments that it is like "pearls before swine." Jesus uses the term in Matthew 7:6.
- The Terminator - Ferb (2nd Dimension) and Platyborg's outfits look like a parody of the Terminator's.
- In the Greek dub of the movie, the song "Robot Riot" is called "Είμαι ο εξολοθρευτης", which literally means "I'm your Terminator".
- During Brand New Best Friend, Doofenshmirtz and his alternate self are seen as a number of famous duos, including John Lennon and Paul McCartney of the Beatles, the Blues Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, Laverne and Shirley, Lucy and Ethel from I Love Lucy, Ralph and Norton from The Honeymooners, Laurel and Hardy, Phineas and Ferb, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- Star Trek: Doofenshmirtz's goatee is a parody of TOS: "Mirror, Mirror" where the Spock from a parallel universe has a beard.
- The Odyssey - At the start of the Movie, Ferb is seen with this book opened.
- The Lion King - During "Everything's Better With Perry", Phineas takes Perry in a similar way that Rafiki takes Simba at the start of the movie.
- King Kong - One of the giant Tree-house Robots are on the top of a building and pounding its wooden chest, although this was only seen in the deleted Robot Riot scene.
- Star Wars Episode IV - When Jeremy (2nd Dimension) comes to rescue Candace (2nd Dimension), she is posed the same way Princess Leia was when she was captured in the Death Star. Also, Jeremy says "I'm Jeremy Johnson, I'm here to rescue you," similar to how Luke says "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you" when he breaks into Leia's cell.
- Red Dawn - When Baljeet asks where the bottom half of the beak suit is, Irving can be seen wearing it on top of a pile of defeated Norm-bots yelling "Wolverines" which is the name of the resistance group in Red Dawn fighting the Soviet and Cuban soldiers.
- The Wizard of Oz - Alt. Doofenshmirtz releases his Norm-bots in the same way as the Wicked Witch of the West releases her flying monkeys. Earlier, he says, "I've got you and your little friends, too," echoing the famous, "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
- Final Destination - When Platyborg got hit by the Bus, the scene was similar to the infamous Bus scene in Final Destination. The only difference is the victim remained alive. (Platyborg was later seen on a Taxi windshield which implies the bus threw him onto the Taxi.)
- The Jeffersons - Phineas mentions moving "on up to the east side to your deluxe apartment in the sky" during his conversation with Dr. D after crashing into his Inator. These are the famous lyrics from the theme song to the long-running sit-com starring Sherman Hemsley (co-written by Jeff Barry, father of Phineas and Ferb writer and Across the 2nd Dimension co-writer Jon Colton Barry).
- Q*bert - One of the dimensions the boys traveled through to return to their own featured the play field from the 1982 video game.
- The Silence of the Lambs - At the end as the group is gathered at OWCA headquarters, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is restrained on a dolly in a straightjacket and anti-bite mask, same as Hannibal Lecter was.
- Jackie Chan - When fighting the Platyborg, Perry socks him then shakes his hand in pain—a signature move of Jackie Chan.
- Jane Fonda - In Perry's mug shot he is showing the Black Power salute similar to Jane Fonda's mug shot.
- Vince Vaughn - The actor in That Darn Fiancé looks a lot like Vince Vaughn.
- Jackson 5 - It is possible that "Everything's Better With Perry" was inspired by the Jackson 5 song "I Want You Back".
- Monopoly - Alt. Phineas and Ferb were playing a game called, "Doofopoly", a parody of Monopoly.
- Søren Kierkegaard - Buford properly invokes the nineteenth century Danish philosopher with some help from a Victory Gum trading card.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Buford tries to trade off his Victory Gum card honoring the great Russian novelist.
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1970 Movie) - When Dr. Doofenshmirtz gives Alt. Doof his Choo-Choo train and Alt Doofenshmirtz says a similar line to the one when Kris Kringle gives the Winter Warlock a train in the 1970 movie.
- The Great Escape - Alt-Candace bounces a baseball against the wall of the Jailbreak, just like in the movie.
- Race to Witch Mountain - When the computer at Perry's lair asked the boys to insert the key. Ferb took out a whistle similar to the one Seth used to open the spaceship.
- Battle: Los Angeles - When Phineas takes out the dish that causes the Norm Bots to disconnect and all start falling, it is the same when the US Marines take out the Command and Control Center and cause all the alien drones to fall.
- Georgia O'Keeffe - When the Norm Bot falls to the ground and the skull lands on his head, he says, "Get me - I'm a Georgia O'Keefe painting." This is likely a reference to Georgia O'Keefe (Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, November 15th of 1887 - March, 6th 1986) and her 1931 painting, Cow's Skull: Red, White, and Blue
- Family Matters - Baljeet plays a Polka song with accordion in a same way that Steve Urkel does in "Family Matters".
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - In the background on a dog food advertisement, a puppy can be seen, it is a bit similar to Clifford when he is a puppy. It can be seen behind the Robot Dog just before the Robot riot begins.
- South Park - When Alt. Doofenshmirtz talks with the puppet it is very similar to how Mr. Garrison talks when voicing Mr Hat.
- The Simpsons - When Monogram mentions that cannot be called between 3:30 and 4 could be an allusion to "The Simpsons Tree House of Horror V" in which Willie mentioned that his brain can't be read between 4 and 5 because this hour was private.
- Super Smash Bros. series - The dimension that Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Agent P and Doof go into after the 2nd dimension (before "Brand New Reality") resembles the stages, Distant Planet and Hanenbow, from "Super Smash Bros. Brawl".
- Xiaolin Showdown - 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz named his robot Normbots, possibly thought by Jack Spicer naming his robots Jackbots.
- Hawaii Five-O - As 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz enters back into the 2nd Dimension, Major Monogram says "Book 'em ladies!", similar to "Book 'em Danno!"
- Herbie The Love Bug - When Ferb is jumping onto the platypult after Robot Riot, one of the cars behind him a classic Volkswagen Bug, the same model as Herbie the Love Bug.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - The mine cart scene closely resembles the scene from the film.
- Kingdom Hearts - The 2nd Dimension City resembles the Dark City in "The World That Never Was".
- Doctor Who - When the robots come out of the portal it is similar to the Daleks coming out of the portal in Doomsday where they also came from another dimension. It is also similar how they travelled through the streets afterwards.
- AC/DC - The tones of voice in the song "Robot Riot" used by Danny are the same used by the band in their song "Shoot to Thrill" and "Back in Black" including the cry at the end of the song.
- The guitar riff at the beginning of "Brand New Reality" sounds a bit like the riff from School's Out by Alice Cooper.
- Main article: Credits
- Vincent Martella as Phineas/Phineas (2nd Dimension)
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace/Candace (2nd Dimension)
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb/Ferb (2nd Dimension)
- Caroline Rhea as Mom/Mom (2nd Dimension)
- Richard O'Brien as Dad/Lawrence Fletcher (2nd Dimension)
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella/Isabella (2nd Dimension) and Jenny (Cameo)
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz/Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension)/Parsnip-Affected Candace-2
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram/Major Monogram (2nd Dimension)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry/Perry the Platyborg and Pinky the Chihuahua
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy/Jeremy (2nd Dimension)
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford/Buford (2nd Dimension)
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet/Baljeet (2nd Dimension)
- Tyler Alexander Mann as Carl
- Tiffany Espensen as Ginger/Ginger (2nd Dimension)
- Isabella Murad as Milly/Milly (2nd Dimension)
- Isabella Acres as Katie/Katie (2nd Dimension)
- Ariel Winter as Gretchen/Gretchen (2nd Dimension)
- Cymphonique Miller as Holly/Holly (2nd Dimension)
- Madison Pettis as Adyson/Adyson (2nd Dimension)
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Kelly Hu as Stacy
- Jaret Reddick as Danny
- Steve Zahn as Swampy
- Carlos Alazraqui as Bobbi Fabulous
- John Viener as Norm/Norm Bots
- Doris Roberts as Mrs. Thompson
- Slash as Himself
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa/Vanessa Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension) (appeared in deleted scenes, though is credited, Her voice is heard singing "I Walk Away")
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/tvandradiovideo/6860557/Jeff-Swampy-Marsh-on-making-the-Disney-cartoon-series-Phineas-and-Ferb.html interview video from Daily Telegraph (UK)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.walmart.com/ip/16662362
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/03/disney-channel-disney-xd-present-programming-plans-for-2010-11/43759
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://disneyxdmedianet.com/DNR/2010/doc/DC_DXD_Upfront_2010.doc
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension (DVD)
- ↑ http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2011/06/24/phineas-ferb-across-the-2nd-dimension-premieres-august-5th-on-dvd-august-23rd/
- ↑ Amazon
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/tvandradiovideo/6860557/Jeff-Swampy-Marsh-on-making-the-Disney-cartoon-series-Phineas-and-Ferb.html interview video from Daily Telegraph (UK)
- ↑ Tweet from Dan Povenmire
- ↑ Stitch Kingdom
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across The 2nd Dimension Trailer
- ↑ San Diego Comic-Con panel
- ↑ Review: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Is an Instant Classic
- ↑ TV review: 'Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension'
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension does it right – CartoonClack
- ↑ REVIEW: Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" Averages 7.6 Million Total Viewers
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb' TV Movie Soars in the Ratings
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/09/cable-top-25-jersey-shore-phineas-and-ferb-the-closer-and-rizzoli-isles-top-weekly-cable-viewing/99942/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825918/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/chart/adventure
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/chart/animation
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/chart/family
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/chart/2010s
- ↑ http://www.bsckids.com/2011/08/disneyxd-premiere-of-phineas-and-ferb-the-movie-has-high-rankings/
- ↑ http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/tv-cable_ratings/week-48-abc-claims-6-of-the-top-20-in-adults-18-49.html
- ↑ Disney Channel original movie 'Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd dimension' sweeps competition
- Official Website
- Official UK Website
- Asian Website
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension at
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension at Wikipedia