Space Adventure: It's an adventure in space!
|Movies||16 or more|
|Special Effects||Clive Addison|
|First Appeared||"Are You My Mummy?"|
Space Adventure is a series of sci-fi movies. According to Phineas Flynn, it and Stumbleberry Finkbat are the two biggest movie series of all time; it is unclear if he meant literally longest-running or just popular. Like Stumbleberry Finkbat, its special effects were done by Clive Addison. Fans of the series are referred to as "Speckies". The franchise has its own theme song.
There was a Space Adventure film festival, which played all the movies ("Not Phineas and Ferb").
Phineas and Ferb attended a sci-fi/fantasy convention where fans of Space Adventure held an intense rivalry with the "Finkie" fans of Stumbleberry Finkbat. Though Phineas and Ferb spent the convention trying to make peace between the two factions, Phineas was nevertheless lumped in with the Speckies due to his Space Adventure costume. The Speckie leader was Baljeet, opposite Buford on the Finkie side ("Nerds of a Feather").
Not much is known about the movies themselves, other than the various elements and characters seen or mentioned among the Speckies. Though it is unclear how many films there are, there may be many by number (Space Adventure 14). The movie series has likely been around for some time, since a Space Adventure 6 & 3 promotion was seen at the Pharaoh Theater in the Tri-State Area. ("Are You My Mummy?") It is unknown how many Space Adventure movies there are, but there are more than 14.
- Baljeet Tjinder - leader of the Speckies at the convention, who dressed up as a sloth character.
- Phineas Flynn - who dressed up as a character named Lump Sharkboard.
- Irving Du Bois - who dressed up as a robot character.
- Django Brown - who was loading a weapon during To War.
- Ferb Fletcher - though he did not attend the convention in a costume from the movies.
- The term "Speckies" is a parody of the name commonly given to Star Trek fans, Trekkies.
- Space Adventure is an amalgamation of many popular sci-fi series. It takes inspiration from Star Wars and Star Trek in particular.
- The R2-D2 like robot that Irving dresses up as can project holograms, much like R2-D2 himself.
- Phineas says "May the luck of Slufbom be with you", a parody of "May the force be with you."