This article may contain spoilers. Please read at your own risk.
| So, Ferb, what should we do tomorrow?
This article covers a topic that is yet to be released. Information in it is set to be changed over time.
|Spoiler warning: Click "show" to reveal.|
|The episode begins where the last episode left off, with Milo, Diogee, Cavendish, Dakota and Orton Mahlson captured by Doofenshmirtz, who recaps the events of the episode, and finally lets them go after realizing that they are not the pizza delivery guy.|
|Spoiler warning: Click "show" to reveal.|
| As Cavendish reveals, Doof is in fact Professor Time, the inventor of time travel fifteen years later, as he changes his name for branding purposes, but Doof doesn't believe a single word of this.
Meanwhile, at the Human Detention Center (formerly known as Lard World), Zack and Melissa, who have been captured, meet Buford and Baljeet, who were also captured, and doing some spying. Baljeet then recognizes Zack as the former lead singer of boy band the Lumberzacks. When Buford mentions that one of the pistachion guards were singing it, this gives Melissa an idea. So they distract the guards by singing the Lumberzacks' hit song, Chop Away at My Heart. While they sing, Melissa moves Martin toward a pig made of lard, hoping for Murphy's Law to go into effect. This takes a few seconds, but it finally occurs, causing the cage to fall apart, and the prisoners to escape. However, Martin, Brigette, and Sarah are captured.
Back at Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, now renamed "Professor Time's Building: Recently Renamed for Branding Purposes", Doof shows Milo and the others his time machine, the Time Traveler-inator, which, for some reason, resembles a taco. Right on cue, Agent P appears. As Doof reveals, the time machine runs on an undiscovered element called "time juice". As it turns out, the clocks that Dakota threw into the time stream were effected with time juice, and Milo happened to snag one, but it is back at his house. Unfortunately, Murphy's Law destroys Doof's time machine, so Milo goes back to the house with Diogee and Perry, while Doof rebuilds the time machine.
As Milo, Diogee, and Agent P go into the house, they are suddenly stopped by pistachions disguised as Milo's parents. As Milo evades them, he retrieves the clock, and they escape on Perry's jetpack.
Meanwhile, Melissa, Zack, Buford and Baljeet are still running, when they come across Derek, disguised as Orton, explains his backstory. When he was in the time stream, he found himself in 1955. Ten years later, he infiltrated Balsawood Studios and took Orton's place as the creator and star of The Doctor Zone Files, which Melissa and the others are unfamiliar with in this timeline, since Derek's version of the show was cancelled after two episodes. As he takes off his mask, he discovers his face has shaped into Orton's. As he ponders his new face, the kids escape.
Milo returns to Doof's place with the clock, and now Doof has rebuilt the time machine to resemble a taco stand, just to stay on theme. Just as Doof begins to operate the time machine, some pistachions invade the lab. In the kerfuffle, Milo and Diogee stay behind, while Cavendish, Dakota, Doof, and Perry travel through time. Milo escapes from the pistachions using a rhythmic gymnastics routine.
In the time stream, it is discovered that there was only enough time juice to go into the time stream, but not enough to go out of the stream. So it appears they are destined to drift in the stream forever.
Meanwhile, Melissa, Zack, Buford and Baljeet, while escaping from the pistachions, come to a dead end. They see a shadow coming their way, and they believe it to be another pistachion. But it turns out to be Candace, just casually strolling along while playing a Ducky Momo-themed augmented reality app on her phone. Suddenly, she and the rest of the kids are surrounded by pistachions, but they are saved by a giant tennis-themed robot, driven by none other than everyone's favorite boy inventors: Phineas and Ferb!
|Spoiler warning: Click "show" to reveal.|
| As the kids climb into Phineas and Ferb's robot, Zack and Melissa introduce themselves to Phineas and the gang, and vice versa. Phineas explains that the robot was initially going to be built with a counterpart so they could play tennis from opposite sides of Danville, but decided to use it to fight off the pistachions. Suddenly, the robot malfunctions, which could only mean one thing: Milo is back. As Ferb correctly surmises after the robot explodes, it is all Murphy's Law.
Back in the time stream, Doof, Dakota, Cavendish, and Perry are still drifting, and now wearing fake beards. Dakota is attempting to keep his sanity by listing all the animals in the zoo, since Cavendish forbade him from singing "We're Going to the Zoo". And Doof and Perry play Go Fish with just one hot sauce packet. Suddenly, they notice the Dakota and Cavendish from the past throwing all the clocks into the stream. Dakota ties himself with rope and floats to get a clock.
They finally find themselves back in 1965, but at the Wyatt Burp orange soda factory, and a day later than their intended target, since Doof replaced the "date" function with a cup holder. As they approach the studio, they unfortunately discover they are too late to stop Derek from taking over. The pistachions from the past discover them and give chase.
Phineas, Milo and the gangs arrive at one of Phineas's satellite workshops, which was used ever since the pistachion takeover. As Murphy's Law continues to take its toll, Candace begins to doubt Milo's involvement. Baljeet suggests that they study and analyze Murphy's Law so that they could possibly use it to their advantage.
Back in 1965, Cavendish, Dakota, Orton and Perry wait for Doof to get his orange soda. After he returns, they make haste back onto the time machine.
In the present, Phineas, Milo, and the gangs begin to get to work, but as Milo's station falls apart, Candace starts to convince Milo to remove himself from the situation. As they depart, Zack and Melissa become suspicious about Candace being a pistachion, mainly because of her long neck, so they follow her and Milo.
|Spoiler warning: Click "show" to reveal.|
| Candace explains her pessimism to Milo, but gradually changes her mind as she observes how Milo works around Murphy's Law. As Zack and Melissa attack her, they discover that she is not a pistachion after all.
In the time stream, Cavendish, Dakota, Orton, and Doof ponder where they should travel to next. As Doof opens a can of orange soda, the machine begins to malfunction. They land back in the present day on what appears to be a deserted island. Cavendish unleashes his rage at Doof's total incompetence, comparing him to even Dakota. Doof decides to separate from the group and gather his thoughts. He is soon joined by Orton, who sympathizes with him, since he is under a lot of Pressure to be a great TV show creator, and when Doof picks up a ukulele, they musically soliloquize. After the song, they are surrounded by natives of the island.
Meanwhile, Cavendish and Dakota search for a way off the island, but then Dakota sees his own paradoxes, discovering that they are on The Island of Lost Dakotas, a fact that Dakota attempts to hide from Cavendish, but Cavendish soon finds out.
Back at the workshop, Candace completely changes her tune about Milo, and the gangs decide to study and analyze the effects of Murphy's Law, through a musical montage. As Baljeet explains, Milo, and Phineas and Ferb, each have different energy fields, with Milo giving off negatives ions, and Phineas and Ferb giving positive ions, and if Milo is surrounded by Phineas and Ferb, Murphy's Law can indeed be controlled. So in another montage, they build a giant robot resembling Milo called the Murphy's Law suit.
Back on the island, Dakota finally tells Cavendish about how Cavendish died several times and that Dakota went back in time to save him, and ended up creating millions of paradoxes of himself and sent them on this island. The Dakota paradoxes recognize Cavendish, and Cavendish thanks them for what they have done. They let Doof and Orton, whom they have captured earlier, free. As Doof discovers, all the Dakotas run their economy by making their own off-brand orange sodas, which gives him an idea.
Just as Milo, Phineas, and Ferb are about to go into the robot, the workshop is swarmed by pistachions.
|Spoiler warning: Click "show" to reveal.|
| As Milo, Phineas, Ferb and their friends are taken into the Human Detention Center, Milo wonders why they haven't been replaced like the others. They are brought to a giant device known as a M.U.L.C.H. machine. As Derek broadcasts his diatribe to the world, he reveals that instead of replacing all of humankind with pistachions in disguise, they are going to transform all of the humans into pistachions like themselves, with M.U.L.C.H. standing for Machine Used for Literally Converting Humans To Plants (the last two letters, Derek insists, are silent). As the others suggest that they live together in harmony, the machine begins to suffer technical difficulties. Suddenly, Doof, Cavendish, Dakota, Orton, Perry, and the Dakota paradoxes come to the rescue with orange soda spray guns, which they fire at the pistachions. Isabella and the rest of the Fireside Girls arrive to free Milo, Phineas and the others. A huge battle ensues. Derek, having had enough of the interlopers, sends out a giant pistachion to crush them, but the giant pistachion looks upon all the violence and reforms. During this heel-turn, the others escape.
Isabella and the Fireside Girls give Phineas, Milo, and Ferb the Murphy's Law Suit. The three go into the suit and use Murphy's Law as a weapon to crush many of the pistachions.
After a few minutes, Derek finally gets the M.U.L.C.H. machine working again. He begins by using it on Irving and Bradley, then moves on to Buford and Amanda Lopez. Just as the Murphy's Law Suit is about to aim at the machine, a few pistachions sabotage it. The suit aims at the saboteurs, but causes further damage to the power pack. As Milo, Phineas, and Ferb survey the damage, they get an idea to use the acid from lemons in Milo's backpack as a battery. When Milo produces too few lemons, he suggests using a radioactive watermelon instead.
Meanwhile, even Linda, Lawrence, and Milo's parents have been transformed. The reactivated supersuit destroys the machine, but it is too late, as a majority of the Phineas and Milo characters have been transformed, including Isabella, Baljeet, Buford, Candace, Sarah, Melissa, and Zack! The transformed pistachions attempt to destroy the supersuit, but Ferb disconnects the right arm before they can. Milo, Phineas, and Ferb reunite with the remaining survivors, Dakota, Cavendish, Orton, and Doof. They give the transformed pistachions chase on the rollercoaster. As they reach a dead end, Doof has an epiphany, which Orton writes down for his memoirs. Suddenly, Professor Time himself emerges from the future at that exact moment, having read Orton's memoirs. Professor Time gives Orton his Doctor Zone hat, and he joins him in his time machine. Before they leave, Milo gives Orton the letter that he left for Zack and Melissa to find.
In 1955, a young Derek devises his evil scheme, but is stopped by Orton and Professor Time, who kill him with the orange soda.
Back in the present, Derek, having been defeated almost 50 years earlier, begins to fade away from existence. The rest of the pistachions start to disappear as well, and all of the transformed pistachions return to normal, except for Bradley, whose left arm is still part-plant. Even the Human Detention Center is returned to its pristine condition as Lard World. Dakota and Cavendish ponder the number of violations Mr. Block will hold them accountable for. Just as Milo shows his relief that everything is back to normal, Murphy's Law goes into effect and destroys Doof's building.
At Milo's house, Milo, Zack, Melissa, Phineas and the gang watch an episode of The Doctor Zone Files. As Phineas and the gang leave, Milo invites them to cross over any time, since they live on the other side of town. As they leave, Doof, who is now crashing with Milo, asks where they keep the toilet paper.
For a full transcript of "The Phineas and Ferb Effect", click here.
|The image gallery for The Phineas and Ferb Effect may be viewed here.|
I know what we're gonna do today
Ferb's Line/The "Too Young" Line
Ferb: Looks like it's time to whack some weeds.
Phineas: Wow! Somebody's chatty!
Ferb: Murphy's Law?
Doofenshmirtz: So ya got any hot sauce packets?
Perry: (gives Doof one, then chatters)
Isabella: What'cha doin', all tied up like this?
Phineas: Isabella! Oh, I'm glad to see you.
Isabella: Hey Phineas, What'cha doin', without your supersuit?
Milo: Whoa! Thanks, Isabella.
Hey, where's Perry?
Oh, there you are, Perry
Phineas: Oh, hey, Perry!
Perry's entrance to his lair
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
Professor Time Building: Recently Renamed for Branding Purposes
Diogee, go home!
Milo: Diogee, we're going home!
The Llama Incident
- Main article: The Phineas and Ferb Effect/Memorable Quotes
- First announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, and confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter.
- There have been many Phineas and Ferb Easter eggs in Milo Murphy's Law to lead up to this crossover.
- This is the first episode of the second season of Milo Murphy's Law.
- It is revealed that Baljeet and Buford are fans of The Lumberzacks, and that Baljeet carries their CD with him all the time.
- Isabella has only two lines in the entire crossover, which both include her catchphrase.
- This episode confirms that Doofenshmirtz is Professor Time, that the group was looking for in the Milo Murphy's Law episode "Fungus Among Us".
- Due to Thomas Sangster's schedule conflicts with filming Maze Runner: The Death Cure and other projects, the role of Ferb was recast in this episode with David Errigo Jr.
- August 10, 2018 (Disney Channel Japan)
- September 10, 2018 (Disney XD Germany, Poland, Spain)
- Doofenshmirtz isn't the first to invent time travel, since Phineas and Ferb fixed the time machine in the museum in the episodes "It's About Time!" and "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo". But Doof probably wasn't aware of that.
- When Phineas, Ferb and Milo strap on their seatbelts in the robot, Ferb's larger eye is in front of his smaller one.
- Doof's building has the sign changed to "Professor Time's Building, Recently renamed for branding purposes" (and is later destroyed). However, in "Act Your Age", which takes place 10 years in the future, Doof's building is still Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, except the word "Evil" has been removed from the sign. However, it is likely that Doofenshmirtz just decided to rename his sign with its old name (minus the word "Evil").
- This episode will be a continuation of the Milo episode "Fungus Among Us".
- When Doof changes the channel, Katt Karr, Ducky Momo, The Klimpaloon and the Giant Floating Baby Head Hour, Horse in a Bookcase, and Dancing with the Bears from Ferb TV can be seen.
- Phineas mentions the satellite they built that was in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel.
- Doof once again mentions Pizzazium Infinionite. (Vanessassary Roughness, Mission Marvel)
- Doof, Perry, Orton, Dakota and Cavendish end up on the Island of Lost Dakotas.
- Milo offers Phineas a blowtorch and some peanut butter, a reference to Rollercoaster.
- Professor Time's time machine looks very similar to the one featured in It's About Time! and Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo.
- Batman - When Milo, Agent P and Diogee head back to Milo's house, a transition not unlike the "Bat-transitions" from this 1960s campy TV series appears.
- The Nutcracker - The music accompanying Milo's rhythmic gymnastics routine is "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from this Tchaikovsky ballet.
- Pokémon Go! - Candace plays Ducky Mo-Go, an app that essentially parodies this fad revival augmented reality app.
- Futurama - One of the pistachions call the humans "meatbags", just like Bender.
- The Exorcist - Doof says, "The power of orange soda repels you!" three times, a reference to Father Merrin and Father Karras' repeated line "The power of Christ compels you!" from the 1973 film.
- Many Phineas Easter eggs have been sprinkled throughout Milo Murphy's Law to lead up to this episode, cluing to the fact that both Milo and Phineas share the same universe.
- This will be the third crossover for Phineas and Ferb. ("Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel", "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars")
- Phineas and Ferb interact with Doofenshmirtz for the third time. ("Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the Second Dimension", "Night of the Living Pharmacists")
- Candace doesn't try to bust the boys once again.
- The Giant Floating Baby Head can be seen as one of the transformed pistachions.
- Irving, Linda Flynn-Fletcher and Lawrence Fletcher appear but have no speaking lines.
- Phineas mentions Vanessa when referring to Doof as her dad.
- When Doof suspects that Diogee works for O.W.C.A., he could be referring to the times he doesn't recognize Perry without his hat.
- Running gag: Everyone, particularly Buford and Baljeet, seems to think that Zack and Melissa are a couple. (Yeah, but a couple of what?)
- Running gag: Buford explaining the joke, much to Baljeet's chagrin.
- Second time Phineas calls Ferb "chatty" after Candace Disconnected.
- Vincent Martella is credited for playing Bradley and then Phineas, even though Phineas has more lines.
- It is hypocrtical that Dakota said that Doofenshmirtz's voice is annoying, since they both have the same voice actor, Dan Povenmire, who is also co-creator of both shows.
- Linda was seen at the end of the episode, which means this could be the first time she's ever seen what the boys have done.
- Ferb breaks the fourth wall when he says "It's just that it's been a long, long time."
- Al Yankovic as Milo
- Mekai Curtis as Zack
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa, Additional Voices
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee, Perry, Additional Voices
- Jemaine Clement as Orton Mahlson, Additional Voices
- Vincent Martella as Bradley and Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace, Additional Voices
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Christian Slater as Elliot
- David Errigo Jr. as Ferb
- Pamela Adlon as Brigette Murphy
- Diedrich Bader as Martin Murphy
- Kate Micucci as Sara
- Rhys Darby as King Pistachion
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Cavendish, Major Monogram, Additional Voices
- Dan Povenmire as Dakota, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Additional Voices
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Additional voices: Brock Powell, Jeff Bennett
"A Christmas Peril"
"Snow Way Out"
"Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars"