I'm pretty new to the fandom, but I've noticed the differing views about Candace. On one side, some think she's just plain mean and actually hates her brothers. Others feel she's actually good hearted, but just misunderstood. I am from the latter camp. Here is my reasoning:
- Underlying Candace's drive to bust her brothers is actually her desire for approval and appreciation from her mother.
- The only thing that distracts her from her busting crusade is Jeremy's attention.
- Read the lyrics from Queen of Mars. She had no desire to bust her brothers while receiving all that love and adoration from the aliens.
- Watch Mom's Birthday. It shows that underneath all the scheming, she is actually very sweet.
- Candace is very insecure (Unfair Science Fair, Att…