Others may try to steal my thunder, but I ain't going nowhere~! Welcome to Volume 13 of The Numbers Game, the only blog that breaks down the numbers of our favorite show.
This week, it's all about the show's first one hour special, home to the Numbers Game-approved best song ever. Last Friday night on Disney Channel, it was witnessed by 3.862 million viewers, making it the most-watched Phineas and Ferb episode of 2010 to date, and No. 9 in series history. While this was only good for No. 26 on the week, it was Friday's most-watched cable program in Total Viewers as well as ranking No. 2 in its timeslot against broadcast competition! The breakdown shows a 2.3 household rating (5 share) with demographic ratings of 5.0 (22 share) in Kids 2-11, 2.7 (13 share) in Teens 12-17, and 0.8 (3 share) in Adults 18-49 which amusingly tied for the top spot among all Friday night cable.
The Disney XD premiere of the episode on Monday, August 2 scored 1.322 million viewers on a 0.7 household rating (1 share), earning a 1.9 (7 share) in Kids and a 0.2 (1 share) in Adults. It was Emoticon's 3rd-highest rated telecast of 2010, trailing only a double feature of the first two Toy Story movies in June, as well as the channel's 2nd most watched Phineas and Ferb episode behind only "Christmas Vacation!"
Coming up next, we've got the 30 minute "Nerds of a Feather" premiering next Monday, August 16 on Emoticon, and Friday, August 27 on Disney Channel. Hopefully, that episode will be able to continue the positive momentum from the special. Until then, you should still follow me on Twitter and remember...that the numbers never lie.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Friday Cable: Phineas and Ferb + Eureka, Haven, The Pillars of the Earth & More (August 9, 2010)
- ↑ Cable Top 25: The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs Top Week’s Cable Viewing (August 10, 2010)
- ↑ TV Ratings: Yet Again ABC Unscripted Wins Slow Friday With 18-49; CBS Has Most Viewers (August 7, 2010)
- ↑ Monday Cable: Rizzoli & Isles, The Closer, Secret Life, Real Housewives, Hoarders, Shark Week & More (August 3, 2010)
- ↑ Disney XD's Premiere of 'Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You' Is Among the Channel's Top 3 Telecasts of the Year in Total Viewers and Boys 6-11 (August 4, 2010)