... remember...that the numbers never lie.
And there we have it, after weeks of rampant speculation, that great cliffhanger is resolved. This is The Numbers Game, the blog that breaks down the numbers of our favorite show. And for an issue talking about great questions being answered, what else could it be except Volume 42?
Summer's actual great mysteries were resolved last Friday, August 24 when Phineas and Ferb returned to the new airwaves with "Where's Perry? (Part Two)". And it was a rousing ratings success, as 4.293 million viewers found their way to it, a 15 percent increase from Part One last month. This makes it the No. 5 rated episode of Phineas and Ferb to date, and Disney Channel's most-watched animated telecast in nearly a full year. It was also good for No. 12 on the Cable Top 25.
The new episode performed strongest, surprisingly, among Tweens 9-14, where viewership shot up by 33 percent to a new series high. Ratings also increased among Kids 2-11 (by 15 percent) and Kids 6-11 (by 18 percent), powering Phineas and Ferb to a No. 2 finish in all three age groups behind only its lead-in Jessie. Finally, among Adults 18-49, a slight decline of 3 percent dropped the rating back to 0.5.
Phineas and Ferb is new next week, as "Ferb TV" finally premieres in North America on Friday, September 7 at 9:00PM Eastern (8:00 Central), the first of three new episodes in under 2 weeks. The Numbers Game will return to cover it in mid-September. Until then, follow me @RyanStoppable on Twitter, go Pack go, and we did the last part already. See ya later.
- ↑ And by "rampant", I of course mean "not very rampant at all".
- ↑ And by "great", I of course mean *dodges thrown rotten produce*
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Friday's Cable Ratings: Disney Quartet Tops Viewers; Discovery Wins Demos with "Bering Sea Gold" (August 27, 2012)
- ↑ Gravity Falls has come close, but you have to go back to "My Fair Goalie" last September 30.
- ↑ Cable Top 25: 'Major Crimes' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending August 26, 2012 (August 28, 2012)
- ↑ Disney Channel Earns Historic Summer Win – Cable TV’s #1 Network in Total Day in Total Viewers and TV’s #1 Network in Kids 2-11 (August 28, 2012)
- ↑ Cynopsis: Kids! :: 08/31/12