An event three years in the making, "Meapless in Seattle" premiered on Friday, April 6 where 3.055 million viewers saw it, a 16 percent increase from the previous week. Phineas and Ferb was the No. 1 cable program in Friday prime time, as well as Disney Channel's most-watched broadcast of the week. With Easter week leading to lower viewership numbers across the board, it was also good enough to crack the Cable Top 25 at No. 21, one place ahead of shocking entrant Doc McStuffins.
"Meapless in Seattle" also had a very strong performance in the target age groups, where it was No. 1 on the week among both Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11, edging Doc McStuffins and a new iCarly respectively to top those charts for the first time in 7 months. And it was not alone, as Phineas and Ferb claimed half of the Top 10 among Kids 2-11; "Meapless" was joined by two Saturday morning episodes (No. 3 and No. 8), and airings of Across the 2nd Dimension on Thursday night (No. 5) and Friday during the day (No. 10). In Kids 6-11, a 28 percent increase led to the top ranking, where it was joined by the Thursday night movie airing at No. 8. Among Tweens 9-14, the episode ranked at a strong No. 3 behind a 5 percent increase. Finally, in Adults 18-49, another 2 percent increase kept the rating steady at 0.4.
Phineas and Ferb heads back to the new airwaves in two weeks when "Delivery of Destiny / Buford Confidential" premieres on Friday, April 27 at 8:30PM Eastern (7:30 Central). The Numbers Game should be back a short time thereafter. Until then, follow @RyanStoppable on Twitter, go Brewers!, and remember...meap.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Friday's Cable Ratings: "WWE Smackdown" Tops Demos for Second Week (April 9, 2012)
- ↑ Cable Top 25: 'WWE Raw,' 'Swamp People,' Womens' NCAA, Masters, 'iCarly' Top Cable Viewership For Week Ending April 8, 2012 (April 10, 2012)
- ↑ Honestly, The Numbers Game cannot recall a daytime preschool-targeted show ever cracking the Top 25 before.
- ↑ Rumor has it she's as much of an actual doctor as Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz is.
- ↑ The Numbers Game: 'Goalie' Scores Big Ratings (September 21, 2011)
- ↑ Cynopsis: Kids! :: 04/13/12 (April 13, 2012)
- ↑ ToonZone Forums: April 2012 animated premieres on XD/DC (March 27, 2012)