Earlier this year, Phineas and Ferb co-creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh confirmed that they were producing a special Christmas-themed episode of the series. Now, months later, the special is finished and tentatively entitled "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!"
The special is set to follow Phineas and Ferb on the wonderful two weeks of Winter Break where they get to celebrate Christmas. But after Heinz Doofenshmirtz's latest invention ruins Christmas, the two stepbrothers need to raise holiday spirit with the help of Santa's elves — Blay'n and Clewn't — before Grandpa and Grandma Fletcher arrive.
As if fans aren't excited enough to see a Christmas special coming out of their favorite show, the crew themselves have announced their pleasure with the special. In fact, Povenmire, Marsh, and the special's director, Zac Moncrief — who directed the Emmy-nominated "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein" — have all said that they hope the special will become a brand new holiday class that will go down in history!
And Disney seems to agree with them on this. On November 27, 2009, Radio Disney will play one of the seven — yep, seven — songs on stations worldwide. Plus, alongside the official broadcast on Disney XD on December 6 at 8:00 p.m., Disney Channel and even ABC Family will premiere the episodes accordingly. This is quite a rare thing, as ABC Family has never aired any episode of Phineas and Ferb. Plus, a book tie-in has already been published entitled Oh, Christmas Tree! and is authored by long-time series writer Jon Colton Barry.
So slap on the Winter coats, cook up some hot coco, and sit down around the fireplace to celebrate the holiday season with Phineas and Ferb!
- "'Phineas and Ferb' rules kids' TV Larsen, Peter. November 7, 2009. Orange County Register.
- For Montvale Boy, It Was All Worth the Tux Fujimori, Sachi. California Chronicle.
- Piper's Picks TV #032: Piper Goes Hollywood - Dr. Doofenshmirtz & Major Monogram! Reese, Piper. April 12, 2009. Piper's Pic TV
- Disney expects such big things for "Phiineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation" that it is rolling out the show on Radio Disney -- new song arrive on Nov. 27 -- Disney XD, Disney Channel and ABC FAmily. Larsen, Peter. November 7, 2009. Orange County Register.
- "Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation" will premiere on Disney XD at 8 p.m. on Dec. 6. Larsen, Peter. November 7, 2009. Orange County Register.